Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 12th November 2012, 15:01   #21
samclose
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo flat arch vtr engine 206
samclose is on a distinguished road

If you remove this box does that mean you don't need a new key coding?
samclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 10:08   #22
SAXO-CHAV

Car(s): Silver 2001 VTR (In process of doing S conversion
SAXO-CHAV is on a distinguished road

Hi, new to the forum, been using it for a while and found some of the topics helpful, I have a Y Reg 2001 VTR 3 Plug ECU and have bought a VTS engine as I want to do a VTS conversion. The engine came with wiring loom, another small 3 plug ECU (Looks the same as my current VTR one) transponder box and ignition barrel with key. Will this be a straightforward swap?
And how would I go about removing my current engine / ECU immobiliser? Will it be any different coz I have a TOAD alarm / immobiliser fitted? Cheers
SAXO-CHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 07:00   #23
SAXO-CHAV

Car(s): Silver 2001 VTR (In process of doing S conversion
SAXO-CHAV is on a distinguished road

Anybody?? Bump
SAXO-CHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 19:11   #24
ragitaround1

Car(s): loadz motaz
ragitaround1 is on a distinguished road
Default Ohhhh!! crap!!!

i undone this box the other day to see what it was & the engine n ignition wernt on! i cant start the car at the moment as ive got everything out ov the car ie dash etc. will my car start when i put the dash back together even tho i unplugged n replugged that box?
ragitaround1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 20:00   #25
ragitaround1

Car(s): loadz motaz
ragitaround1 is on a distinguished road

4got to mention that all the dash is out etc & most ov the engine bay wiring adapters are not connected ,rocker is off, hoses are off, radiator n fan is off & out , manifold is off & inlet man + injectors/housing,throttle body & air filterbox etc is out,thermostat & temp sensor is off too. had to replace the heater matrix as you can guess lol which ment i might as well replace the water pump, oil seals,timing belt n alterator belt, tentioner. lovely job done!!! for a novice .well will the car start although i unplugged n replugged that black box when i get the car back together? if it dont start what will i need to do? any ideas?
ragitaround1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 11:45   #26
naenae

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.4VTR Ford Mond
naenae is on a distinguished road

Does the engine need to be running or not? My imobiliser light is rapid flashing and also getting a rapid clicking sound. Had a problem with my fuel relay a couple weeks ago, brother in law smacked my relay and set my imobiliser light flashing.
naenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 19:48   #27
davesaxo123

Car(s): saxo vts
davesaxo123 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys sorry to bring up old thread but I've got saxo with immobiliser key flashing I've previously read somewhere there's way to get car to start to disconnect the immobiliser box does anyone have information on this please?
davesaxo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 21:30   #28
Furioman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Ford focus 2.0 Saxo VTS
Furioman is on a distinguished road

wont help you only works on running cars, try getting a new pickup ring for the ignition barrel
Old 21st March 2017, 15:50   #29
nichlaskristiansen

nichlaskristiansen is on a distinguished road

Hi i can not find my immobilizer box. I have looked 4 hours now, EVERY WHERE inside the car, its a 1,6 16v vts 2001. Can the car have immobilizer, but not the immobilizer box in the car? Pls help
nichlaskristiansen is offline   Reply With Quote