Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 7th July 2009, 17:27   #41
picklesayrshire
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS (Cammed)
picklesayrshire is on a distinguished road

whats the black round thing on top of the manifold with the pipe, i dont have this in mine?
picklesayrshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 11:25   #42
Mercy
Regular Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C1 Saxo Westcoast 1.4 Fiat Seciento Abar
Mercy is on a distinguished road

Brilliant, Im no mechanic but changing the Plugs should be a doddle with this guide. Thanks alot for this mate =) Eeee
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2011, 18:40   #43
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobruce View Post
Has this fixed the problem on every ones cars? My westcoast had been doin it on and off for over a year (since i bought it) mainly during weather changes but would always sort its self out. Last week i steam washed my engine bay out at work drove my car home then when i went to drive it a few hours later it was having troubles ideling and would pull its self along when driving. I was told by citroen to replace the idle control valve or try cleaning it first. so i did and removed my airfilter, after cleaning it my car sat on 4000 rpm instead of going between 500-1000! So i went to a breakers and got one but still didnt fix it! It now sits on about 2500 rpm! Im trying to avoid buying a new one as it is around £120 from citroen and i have just bought a vts so just want to sell the wescoast!

When you fit a new ICV you have to initialise it 1st by switching the ignition on a off 3 times(not starting the car though)

Steve.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 07:19   #44
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Xantia 1.9TD
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo67 View Post
When you fit a new ICV you have to initialise it 1st by switching the ignition on a off 3 times(not starting the car though)

Steve.
27th October 2006, 13:46
chinkostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 18:40   #45
GummiGana

GummiGana is on a distinguished road

Great illustrations!

I'm however having some difficulties removing the coil pack. I removed the nuts from each end of the coil pack and the pack seemed to come loose, so I tried to lift it off but it just wont come off! It moves a bit back and forth but it seems like something's holdin it inside the wells. I tied pulling as hard as I could but surely it's supposed come off easier than that?

It's a late 2000 1.4 model. with the 4 in a line coil pack.
GummiGana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 23:38   #46
aedan165
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo Mk1 Clio Mk1
aedan165 is on a distinguished road

sweet read man
aedan165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 20:31   #47
GummiGana

GummiGana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummiGana View Post
Great illustrations!

I'm however having some difficulties removing the coil pack. I removed the nuts from each end of the coil pack and the pack seemed to come loose, so I tried to lift it off but it just wont come off! It moves a bit back and forth but it seems like something's holdin it inside the wells. I tied pulling as hard as I could but surely it's supposed come off easier than that?

It's a late 2000 1.4 model. with the 4 in a line coil pack.
Turned out the extension columns that go over the plugs had partly melted into the plugs! Had to really pull like crazy to get them off. Bits of the columns teared off and decided to stick with the plugs :E
GummiGana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 23:16   #48
jphni20
L-plater

Car(s): Icelandic Grey Mk2 VTR
jphni20 is on a distinguished road

Hi, my 02 VTR will occasionaly rev up and down to just over 1k nearly cutting out each time when i come to traffic lights or whatever. I had lived with it as it will usually go away after a few days but it started today again and now it will cut out. So it will rev up and down a few times then cut out completely.

I cleaned the ICV when it first started doing it but didnt make any difference.

Its seems to mostly do it if I let the revs drop quickly (if that makes a difference).

Would you replace the MAP sensor or ICV first?

Also read that it could be a dirty fuel filter so gonna change that anyway as it prob needs doing.

cheers
jphni20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 21:04   #49
callumanderson

callumanderson is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot! I'm new to this and this FAQ helped a lot and I will defo use this information. Thanks again!
callumanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 17:45   #50
bazza2

bazza2 is on a distinguished road

Hi Want to change my spark plugs is there any new photos.Thanks
bazza2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 14:25   #51
Synister
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 Rallye
Synister is on a distinguished road

You literally put 17mm spark plug socket on the end of a small extension bar, pull the HT Leads/spark plug leads off, put the socket/extension into the hole and it should fit snugly on the plug then loosen as you would with anything that's threaded. When refitting, put the new plug into the socket, put it in the hole and thread it carefully by hand for the first few turns ensuring you have the right thread.
Synister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 15:09   #52
bazza2

My saxo has been revving up and down for a long time but for last 5 weeks it has not.Could it be its been warmer.
Old 20th June 2017, 12:57   #53
bazza2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza2 View Post
My saxo has been revving up and down for a long time but for last 5 weeks it has not.Could it be its been warmer.
Even the fan is working.
Old 14th March 2020, 20:34   #54
bazza2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza2 View Post
6 Weeks ago I put 2 bottles of Redex in and now completely stopped the engine revving up and down