Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 11th February 2007, 16:03   #1
jamiep
Regular Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Westcoast
jamiep is on a distinguished road
Default vtr turbo kits

Are there any companies that sell complete turbo kits, as in everything you need, to turbo a vtr engine? cost?
jamiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 16:09   #2
Josh_Phipps
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Mk 2 Vtr (sold), Fiat Seciento Sporting
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Josh_Phipps is just really niceJosh_Phipps is just really niceJosh_Phipps is just really niceJosh_Phipps is just really nice

car worx
Old 11th February 2007, 16:16   #3
VTS_16v_Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Pug 1007 HDi Sport (daily) / Abarth 500
VTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant future

There are a few companies now selling complete kits either fitted or diy most are around the £4000-£5000 mark and will produce around 180-200+bhp depending on budget and the engine in question.

I know Cituning do a kit for both 8v and 16v, carworx and jam sport offer kits aswell as Superchargers.

Be carefull tho as you gota make sure not only the brakes are upto the extra power but the chassis and driveshafts and transmisson is upto scratch. Reckon you need a budget of around £6000-£7000 for all the extra little bits remaps and for the bits that you fort was ok but will need replacing.

Don forget about the extra running cost (fuel, tyres and services) but also increased insurance.

Once youve taken all that into account, ask yourself would you rather have a Subrau? even for the budget kits around £4000, you could see yourself driving a turbo motor anyway.
Old 11th February 2007, 16:17   #4
jamiep
Regular Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Westcoast
jamiep is on a distinguished road

didnt think they were that much!!
jamiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 16:41   #5
Josh_Phipps
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Mk 2 Vtr (sold), Fiat Seciento Sporting
Josh_Phipps is just really niceJosh_Phipps is just really niceJosh_Phipps is just really niceJosh_Phipps is just really nice

Turbo + supercharging is a expensive job, dont just take into consideration the cost of having a turbo installed as down the line there will be things going wrong with it and you will be uprating stuff and so forth.. Its not a cheap option tbh.
Old 11th February 2007, 16:45   #6
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiep View Post
didnt think they were that much!!
how much was you expecting to pay

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 16:46   #7
S34MER
East Midlands
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Fabia VRS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTS_16v_Boy View Post
Once youve taken all that into account, ask yourself would you rather have a Subrau?
Subaru! no thanks i'd rather have a Turbo'd Saxo mate much more fun and cheaper to run, in terms of parts etc!!

but tbh your looking at about £3000-£5000 for a full turbo setup and that doesn't include breaks, suspension, etc

Turbo Diesel is where the future lies

Bow to the VRS
S34MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 17:52   #8
VTS_16v_Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Pug 1007 HDi Sport (daily) / Abarth 500
VTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by S34MER View Post
Subaru! no thanks i'd rather have a Turbo'd Saxo mate much more fun and cheaper to run, in terms of parts etc!!

but tbh your looking at about £3000-£5000 for a full turbo setup and that doesn't include breaks, suspension, etc
All I was tryin to point out that after all that out lay you could have a car that rolled out the factory with a blower on it in the first place and should (wont say WONT) break down everytime its driven hard.

Not sayin Turbo'd Saxos are unreliable but if you was planning to convert to forced induction it might be worth having a car to take over the dutie of the daily drive as traffic and everyday driving would put a heavy wear on clutches and transmissions.

Well worth doing your homework before talking to the bank manager
Old 11th February 2007, 18:27   #9
bbewekim
Established Member

Car(s): Black Ibiza fR
bbewekim is just really nicebbewekim is just really nicebbewekim is just really nicebbewekim is just really nicebbewekim is just really nice

Although its nice to say 'yeah i did that...' you may aswell go out... buy a turbo'd saxo for say 4-6k... (Y) Someone's bound to sell one. Then you've saved your self a great deal of cash as long as the job was a gooden.
bbewekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 18:33   #10
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

a saxo rather then a subaru i think you need your head testing

my for sale ad
Old 11th February 2007, 18:38   #11
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

a could sorce the parts for abou 2-2500 but then there fitting and mapping. id go supercharged if had to choose
Old 11th February 2007, 19:08   #12
S34MER
East Midlands

S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesslevtr View Post
a saxo rather then a subaru i think you need your head testing
a Turbo'd Saxo over a scooby any day for me young lady! 200bhp at the wheels of a Saxo would wipe the floor with a Scooby, plus the Scoob would cost twice as much to fix if things went wrong, running costs, etc!

Bow to the VRS
Old 11th February 2007, 19:16   #13
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
a Turbo'd Saxo over a scooby any day for me young lady! 200bhp at the wheels of a Saxo would wipe the floor with a Scooby, plus the Scoob would cost twice as much to fix if things went wrong, running costs, etc!
saxo would break down more though

plus you will never beat the sound of a scooby

my for sale ad
Old 11th February 2007, 19:59   #14
S34MER
East Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesslevtr View Post
saxo would break down more though

plus you will never beat the sound of a scooby
i agree with you on both those points!! but the Saxo would be much much more fun to drive!

Bow to the VRS
Old 11th February 2007, 21:01   #15
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
i agree with you on both those points!! but the Saxo would be much much more fun to drive!
i dont like it when you agree with me

still rather have a scooby

my for sale ad
Old 13th February 2007, 17:57   #16
Marks_saxo_vtr
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr mk2 - Zcars Mini R1 rally car
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Marks_saxo_vtr is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my saxo now i've put in a 16v but i'd have a scooby anyday of the week! You could get one running to well over 200bhp!!
Old 13th February 2007, 19:13   #17
Awretham
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 200sx S13
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Awretham will become famous soon enoughAwretham will become famous soon enough

I've got an 8v turbo kit for sale if you're interest
Awretham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 19:55   #18
supersav
Regular Poster

supersav has a spectacular aura aboutsupersav has a spectacular aura aboutsupersav has a spectacular aura about

Take a look at the supercharger kit from gmc, It's not soo far off the price of a "proper" turbo kit, plus it'll be a mile nicer to drive.

Having driven a wrx sti prodrive (305bhp), I have to report, that yes it's a hell of a piece of kit, but, uppon arriving at 3500 rpm all hell brakes loose, would be VERY easy to get yourself into a LOAD of bother quicker than you can blink, especialy if you were to put that style of power delivery into a fwd hatch, I'll explain......

I would expect a 200+ bhp turbo saxo to be similar in the way it delivers it's power, kind of normal, normal, normal.......HOLY S**T!!! and when you take into account the natural tendency of a fwd car to under steer whilst on the power, and then the lift off over steer when you back off, leaves not so many senareos:

A. the owner/driver is ever so talented. ( the person who boasts hes is normaly aint)

B. the car gets written off quite quickly and possibly kills someone (wast of all that time, money, and life)

C. the owner/driver knows he can't drive and never gets to feel the full benefit. (again, big wasted effort)

Supercharger is infinately more progressive, so even the most "special" of drivers can handle it's delivery.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Pete
supersav is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supersav For This Useful Post:
Old 8th February 2009, 01:19   #19
landanimal
Frequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr, mk3 fiesta 1.1 - 2.0 zetec project
landanimal has a spectacular aura aboutlandanimal has a spectacular aura about

personally i dont like subaru's or the sound of one. but it would probably be safer to have one of them than a turbo saxo lol not that im going to complain cause im in the progress of turboing mine lol havnt got that far yet goin slow on parts at the moment.
landanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 21:58   #20
chez91

chez91 is on a distinguished road

hello peeps jst to let sum ppl no im in the middle ov turboing my vtr
i have got:
THE TURBO N MANIFOLD TO FIT(TURBO OFF 306 D TURBO) £40
ALL THE BOOST PIPES £free
INTERCOOLER £free one off my dads rs turbo
OIL COOLER £free
DUMP VALVE £free

N i jst need to sort the oil return out n the oil feed n get an exhaust made from the turbo to the link pipe which i can get done @ work 4 free like i have had all the boost pipes @ work done n the manifold adapted to hold turbo

i jst want to no what else i need
do i need a decomp plate?
n could i just remap the ecu instead off runnin a 5th injector?
what boost do u think is a reasonable boost to run?

much appreciate it if you could help me out
chez91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chez91 For This Useful Post: