Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Vehicle Insurance

Vehicle Insurance Please use this forum to discuss vehicle insurance companies, services, quotations, recommendations, etc.

Old 9th December 2007, 18:01   #1
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!
Default Should you declare all your modifications?

YES

Recently alot of the new members have been asking, "Should i declare my mods". The answer is a simple yes, Insurance companies are out to make a profit, if you mod your car and crash, they will not pay out.

Should you declare ICE?
Well ice is covered with your insurance upto a certain amount most of the time, Check your paperwork that your insurance company should send you in the post. Or you could phone them up and ask if your ICE is covered already. If you have expensive In-Car-Entertainment then i would definately phone them up and let them know.

What mods can you get away with?
Well insurance companies like quinn-direct, dont mind modifications that do not improve your cars performance. So mods like, Bucket seats, tinted windows, debadging, de-locking, etc, shouldnt really change the price of your quote. If so only a little.

Performance mods
As soon as you start making your car 'Faster', the insurance company will think of you as a boy-racer, dangerous driver etc. And this will affect your quote. If you still want to go ahead making your car faster, then i would suggest some simple breathing mods like induction kits etc. Basically the more you do, the more you pay.

Insurace Companies, Good for modding
>

> Adrian flux:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doely_gti View Post
just to let you know, Adrian flux dropped 300 off my policy as they explained the bmc increased airflow and made car run more economical and the suspension/wider wheels improved stability as does the "show cage", morette's with HID kit improved visiblity all in all i declared every mod as they do like for like cover on mods so will replace it all!!!
>Brentacre Insurance Services Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg_vts View Post
Im with Brentacre insurance and with my vts they have a 130 bhp policy (they do this with other cars too). Basically i pay my insurance and any mods i do wont cost any more as long as i do not breach the 130bhp limit. The mods include suspension, brakes, exhaust, filter, de-cat, wheels, bodywork...the insurance will only increase through the year if i go mad and get cams, re-map, throttle bodies...you still have to declare the mods you make but its a good deal i reckon.

Brentacre Insurance Services Ltd
98, Mansel St, Swansea, West Glamorgan SA1 5UE
Tel: 01792 650933
>Bell
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Bell are also good for mods...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
agreed with David there.

although I will say that if you have an accident with Bell, they dont pay out for modifications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooorn94 View Post
Just to add another quote for a company for Paul.

I'm with CIS (co-operative insurance) and they do not allow any modifications other than standard parts-this means that wheels must be the same size as what they were when the car left the factory (Citroen 13" alloys are allowed however) however interior (seats, ICE, etc.) you do not need to declare.. at least this is what Martin the CIS telephone advisor person told me. "So a 106/vtr interior is considerred standard as peugeot and citreon are both part of the PSA group"

Tbh CIS aren't worth getting insured with if you intend on modifying. Parts for my car are laying around the house e.g. strut brace, and my induction kit was, had to sell it.

> Pm me suggestions please so i can get a list going.
Hope this helps, and if anyone can improve it, please post so i can update it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho

Last edited by Paul; 11th July 2010 at 03:37.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 18:02   #2
Dez
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vt*
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team member

Glad you started this one comes up all to often
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 22:37   #3
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

excellent information there mate

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 00:58   #4
doely_gti
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): 2010 white focus RS, Corsa D 1.3 cdti sxi.
doely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud of

just to let you know, Adrian flux dropped 300 off my policy as they explained the bmc increased airflow and made car run more economical and the suspension/wider wheels improved stability as does the "show cage", morette's with HID kit improved visiblity all in all i declared every mod as they do like for like cover on mods so will replace it all!!!
Old 10th December 2007, 01:37   #5
Dom_sufc
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2000 VTR black
Dom_sufc is a splendid one to beholdDom_sufc is a splendid one to beholdDom_sufc is a splendid one to beholdDom_sufc is a splendid one to beholdDom_sufc is a splendid one to beholdDom_sufc is a splendid one to beholdDom_sufc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by doely_gti View Post
wow, cannot wait till my renewal comes up. I wish all insurance companies thought like them!
Dom_sufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 07:33   #6
johnnyg_vts
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
johnnyg_vts will become famous soon enoughjohnnyg_vts will become famous soon enough

Im with Brentacre insurance and with my vts they have a 130 bhp policy (they do this with other cars too). Basically i pay my insurance and any mods i do wont cost any more as long as i do not breach the 130bhp limit. The mods include suspension, brakes, exhaust, filter, de-cat, wheels, bodywork...the insurance will only increase through the year if i go mad and get cams, re-map, throttle bodies...you still have to declare the mods you make but its a good deal i reckon.

Brentacre Insurance Services Ltd
98, Mansel St, Swansea, West Glamorgan SA1 5UE
Tel: 01792 650933
johnnyg_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 08:37   #7
Davidp
Saxperience Addict
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!David is absolutely fabulous!

Bell are also good for mods...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 10:23   #8
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

agreed with David there.

although I will say that if you have an accident with Bell, they dont pay out for modifications.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 10:53   #9
SaxoJamie
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 2x 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team member

Some good info there mate
SaxoJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 19:21   #10
richiepikka
L-plater

Car(s): polo gti
richiepikka can only hope to improve

deffo declare everything you may regret it guys....i think admiral is pretty good you can declare mods on website and get quote straight away which some dont let you do
richiepikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2007, 01:23   #11
Paulp
Super Moderator

Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Updated post one

Cheers for input guys
Quote:
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Old 18th December 2007, 09:30   #12
Chico999
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 2000 Wicked Red VTS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant futureChico999 has a brilliant future

I phoned adrian flux and got an excellent quote. My bro is also with them and they fully understand the need for mods!lol.
Better still to tell them everything tho!
Chico999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 09:39   #13
doely_gti
Established Member

doely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud ofdoely_gti has much to be proud of

also just found this:

Adrian Flux are able to offer up to 15% discount on policies for Saxperience Members and welcome modified vehicles, young drivers and convicted drivers.
Old 26th January 2008, 23:22   #14
lukedorritt
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Posi Furio
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
lukedorritt will become famous soon enough

Hi i was just wondering if you should declare all mods even when your tpft. Forgetting fire and theft; if someone crashed into you and you claimed on their insurance, your insurance does not deal with the issue and so mods aren't seen too? Also how much would tints, and an induction kit add to a premium on a furio which is 2200 tpft beforehand?
lukedorritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 23:57   #15
doely_gti
Established Member

each and every quote goes for personal details, e.g. a guy i insured 2day was 23 with a x5 bmw, even though he was older than me, driving longer etc, his postcode made it £2000 dearer for him than it would me!

lifes a biatch lol
Old 27th January 2008, 15:15   #16
Paulp
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukedorritt View Post
Hi i was just wondering if you should declare all mods even when your tpft. Forgetting fire and theft; if someone crashed into you and you claimed on their insurance, your insurance does not deal with the issue and so mods aren't seen too? Also how much would tints, and an induction kit add to a premium on a furio which is 2200 tpft beforehand?
Yes mate, declare all mods.

They can still send someone to check your vehicle, Imagine if you crashed into a supercar (£100,000+), insurance company is going to try doing everything in their power not to pay out.

Hope this helps mate.
Quote:
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Old 27th January 2008, 17:37   #17
lukedorritt
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

looks like il bedeclaring then lol

how much extra for tints and an induction kit on a furio
Old 27th January 2008, 17:40   #18
lukedorritt
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

with quinn paying 2000 tpft
Old 30th January 2008, 14:13   #19
Paulp
Super Moderator

Quinn wont charge you for any mod's that dont increase performance, you dont even need to let them know about them.

I rang up the other day,

"I'd like to declare some mods please"
"Ok, do any of them increase performance"
"No"
"In that case you dont need to let us know mate"

Just phone them up mate, they're quite easy to talk to. They're irish but have quite good manners

This is only with quinn-direct^
Quote:
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Old 7th February 2008, 11:10   #20
LinfeildFc4Life

Car(s): saxo
LinfeildFc4Life can only hope to improve

with quinn direct paying 987.00 for a 1.1 saxo first car to thought was a class price
LinfeildFc4Life is offline   Reply With Quote