Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 29th March 2009, 21:42   #1
VTR-120BHP
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): cammed mk1 vts :b
VTR-120BHP is on a distinguished road
Talking how much room in saxo boot ?cuft ???

say i was to build one big sub box in the boot, how many cuft would i be able to get in the box ?

I would work it out in the car but i have no rear seat atm so bit hard to tell

cheers ben

Last edited by VTR-120BHP; 29th March 2009 at 21:43. Reason: spelling
VTR-120BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 22:32   #2
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

You' get away with 4cuft no probs i'd have thought mate.

What sub(s) you planning on running?

Remember to leave space for amps/wiring/batteries etc...
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coonper For This Useful Post:
Old 29th March 2009, 23:18   #3
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

the current box im building is 4.5 cuft and thats leaving room for everthing else while still being under the parcel shelf.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to webby For This Useful Post:
Old 30th March 2009, 16:30   #4
VTR-120BHP
Infrequent Poster

well i plan on going for an orion hcca 12.2/15.2 just wondered if i would get away with it on space as they do like there room!......so is 4.5cuft about the limit ? if possible i would like to get amp + another battery in there if possible ? cheers for your help
Old 30th March 2009, 16:31   #5
VTR-120BHP
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
the current box im building is 4.5 cuft and thats leaving room for everthing else while still being under the parcel shelf.
is that internal measurements ? and is it with or without port and sub displacement ? cheers :Y:
Old 30th March 2009, 17:39   #6
webby
Established Member

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

no chance of another batt in there if you want it under the parcel shelf.

Thats internal after subs but before port if you build it to window line there is another 1-1.5 cuft to be had but i wanted mine hidden from wanting eyes.

if you really want another batt in there build the box to the window line maybe taller and have a space in the box for the battery.

orion reccomend 3.5 cuft for the 15 but i do know they like there room. i maybe trying one out shortly so can tell you how they sound in that space available.
Old 31st March 2009, 21:55   #7
VTR-120BHP
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
no chance of another batt in there if you want it under the parcel shelf.

Thats internal after subs but before port if you build it to window line there is another 1-1.5 cuft to be had but i wanted mine hidden from wanting eyes.

if you really want another batt in there build the box to the window line maybe taller and have a space in the box for the battery.

orion reccomend 3.5 cuft for the 15 but i do know they like there room. i maybe trying one out shortly so can tell you how they sound in that space available.
so im looking at 5ish cuft after port at sub displacement if i go to window level? that will be enough for a 15.2 ?? and as for the batery im hoping to get it on a split charge and fit in in behind the wheel arch in the boot, ( where the like flappy things are that let air out of the car ? ) .

and yea would be interested to see how it works for you :Y:
Old 31st March 2009, 22:59   #8
webby
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTR-120BHP View Post
so im looking at 5ish cuft after port at sub displacement if i go to window level? that will be enough for a 15.2 ?? and as for the batery im hoping to get it on a split charge and fit in in behind the wheel arch in the boot, ( where the like flappy things are that let air out of the car ? ) .

and yea would be interested to see how it works for you :Y:
no chance mate im afraid build a box to encompass the batt.

as for displacment hard to say because it depends on what you you tune to lower tuned boxes need a londer port therefore requiring mor volume so its a trade off now lol.
Old 1st April 2009, 17:46   #9
VTR-120BHP
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
no chance mate im afraid build a box to encompass the batt.

as for displacment hard to say because it depends on what you you tune to lower tuned boxes need a londer port therefore requiring mor volume so its a trade off now lol.

would the batt be okay inside the enclosure ?

well i was thinking of tuning it to 30ish ?? so it would probably be best to go for a 12.2 as there wont be much cuft left lol