Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 24th November 2007, 09:11   #1
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 257bhp Ibiza Cupra Turbo
iTrader Score: 16 (94%)
spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold
Default jerking spluttering vts 16v skimmed gasflowed head. (pics)

been a lot of questions lately about porting and skimming so thought it may be relevant to post a few pics up.

Im running 708's. ideally with 708's you want to skim the head so that its a certain measurment. strip the head down and get a vernier on it to measure the thickness of the head. you measure from the face of the head (where you will be getting it skimmed) and the top of the head where the cam ladders bolt down to. as standard this measures just over 135mm. about 135.2mm. on 708's the maximum you can take it down to safely is around 134.7mm (id say)

so if you havnt had a skim before you can take 20 thou off but obviously its less if you have had a skim before. mine now measures bang on after i had it skimmed yesterday. i got 8 thou taken off and it now measures 134.8mm

this will give me a further 4 thou to be skimmed if anything goes wrong again. if anything goes wrong after that them im fcuked lol

as you can see my head is ported/gasflowed. i did this myself but only as i know a few trade secrets such as optimum port sizes for different sized valves. as you can see in thepics. the exhaust ports are polished to a mittor finish and the inlet are left ribbed. just thought id post a few pics up as pics allways make threads a hbit more interesting.

iv also got a set of brembos on and have just bought the xantia disks off that site provided but iv done a little extra drilled them out myself. they dont look too bad do they? lol
Attached Thumbnails
DVC00449.JPG   DVC00451.JPG   DVC00452.JPG   DVC00453.JPG  

DVC00454.JPG   DVC00455.JPG   DVC00456.JPG   DVC00457.JPG  

DVC00458.JPG  

Last edited by spencer_cammedvts; 30th November 2007 at 08:42. Reason: xfghfxgh
spencer_cammedvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 09:12   #2
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold

any comments welcome!
Old 24th November 2007, 09:30   #3
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Racing Bronze Mazda MX-5
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

looks alright too me mate.

did you do the skimming to, or was that done else where?
Old 24th November 2007, 10:08   #4
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Nice. Put a new camera down on your xmas list matey.

Looking at those measurements, you really increased those exhuast ports! Impressive stuff.

Did you do anything with the inlet / exhaust ports? Looks like you are still using stock valves, so suppose you didn't widen them at the entrance points... Did you shave down the valve guides?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 10:08   #5
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

ner i paid for it to be skimmed mate.
Old 24th November 2007, 10:14   #6
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

i know i need a new camera mate. lol its shite! well its good if you can keep it still lol.

yer the exhaust ports are far too small as standard and also its hard to know how thick the walls are between port & water jacket. think it will be ok though. inlet ports arnt too bad as standard, although there isnt much point in opening them op much wider than the inlet manifold

yer i widened the ports at the seat slightly. cant do it too much though as you need enough of a seat to get a good seal. (as you will know mate)
Old 24th November 2007, 10:17   #7
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

exhaust ports are now 39.5mm andthe inlet ports all now measure 48.25mm
Old 24th November 2007, 19:32   #8
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Good one m8, should help me out when i go to get mine done!
Old 24th November 2007, 20:20   #9
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_cammedvts View Post
exhaust ports are now 39.5mm andthe inlet ports all now measure 48.25mm
What are they standard?

Good thread mate

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 10:55   #10
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

i did measure them but iv forgotten lol
Old 25th November 2007, 11:37   #11
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Lol, that no use is it

You going to see how she runs with this head? then get a tweak in the map if needs be?

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
Old 25th November 2007, 13:51   #12
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

yer gonna get a tweak in the new year mate. xmas is too close now. might see what other performance parts santa brings mee too *cough*stand alone*cough* lol
Old 25th November 2007, 17:08   #13
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

Why did you drill your disks bud?
Old 25th November 2007, 18:44   #14
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_cammedvts View Post
yer gonna get a tweak in the new year mate. xmas is too close now. might see what other performance parts santa brings mee too *cough*stand alone*cough* lol
Hate to say "i told you so"

Old 25th November 2007, 19:25   #15
Burnout_vts

Burnout_vts is on a distinguished road

can't see the pic's: ...Burnout_vts, you do not have permission to access this page.....

hmm
Burnout_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 22:28   #16
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Nice mate. Good work I reckon.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 25th November 2007, 23:05   #17
Dibz
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 GTi
Dibz will become famous soon enough

The work looks good! Shud give some nice gains. I want to get my exhausts ported when i get some headwork but the porting is what costs the big £
Shame i cant do it myself...
Old 25th November 2007, 23:20   #18
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

You get what you pay for. When you pay £1500 on say a longman race head you don’t get anything similar to what most people do DIY. Even a basic head from a good PSA tuner will have a lot of development gone in to it. Even a relatively skilled DIY tuner with a good basic understanding of what they are doing will be very lucky to get good gains or in some engine they will be lucky not to loose power. Some of the PSA engine for example are odd in that ports were made to large and power is gained from totally reshaping them and actually making them smaller on the head face.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 08:35   #19
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

after fitting everything any putting it all bakc together again. it doesnt run right! on idle its really wavey and when you put your foot down it pops & bangs & splutters!

it sounds like a sensor problem but which could it be?
Old 26th November 2007, 08:45   #20
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

LOL, endless problems mate! I don't know what to suggest. Have you missed something when putting everything back together?
Quote:
Quote: