Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 25th January 2021, 14:52   #1
TomUK

TomUK is on a distinguished road
Default Fault code P0304 but engine runs ok.

Engine misfiring many months ago. Warning light came on. Changed plugs and problem solved. Used the vehicle for months without any issues, but the warning light stayed on. Didn't have means to cancel it.
MOT time came along and placed a discreet strip of black tape over the light.
Car Passed the MOT without incident, emissions ok.
ODB II Code Reader received at Christmas (useful present!). Three codes detected.P0304 (misfire all cylinders), P0711 (transmission fluid temp.), P1B00 (Undefined?).
Regarding the misfire code, the engine runs normally under acceleration, normal cruising and tick over is normal too. I suppose transmission fluid temp. could be a faulty sensor.
I erase the fault codes and switch MIL (warning light) to OFF and car runs for a couple of days without light re-appearing. Then out of the blue, it lights up again.
I am thinking about changing the coil pack, but with the car running fine, I wonder whether this is necessary. Any one else had similar trouble?
TomUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2021, 14:59   #2
TomUK

TomUK is on a distinguished road

Should have said changed plugs as one was wet & oily, which seems to have been causing the misfire.
TomUK is offline   Reply With Quote