Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 18th November 2011, 12:27   #1
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!
Default Surround sound headsets

Like Turtle beach or summat, recommendations?

I was looking at the DX11 7.1 surround things.

One question, with the sound of the game coming through the headphones as well as Mic communication, do you still hear both ok?

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 12:56   #2
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

I have Turtle Beache X11 iirc.

They are not the cheap ones but not stupidly expensive, think I paid about £50 or so.

Ive have them for about a year now and I can honestly say, I can't play without them. lol

The sound is soo clear, you can hear people reloading their guns / walking / throwing granades / planting or defusing the bomb etc miles away. If a helicopter is above you to the left in the game, it actually sounds like there is a helicopter above you on your left.

With regards to gameplay and mic communication, it's great. When im playing with mates, you can hear them perfectly clear but also hear somone trying to sneak up behind you

There is two volume controls, one for gameplay and the other for mic communications. So can have gameplay up and mic off, mic quiet and gameplay loud.

When you've used the surround headsets for a while then go back to not using them (tv / normal surround), the sound sounds like its all thrown at you at once and it's horrible

Defo reccomend getting a set to any gamer

Cymru am Byth

Last edited by Proffitt; 18th November 2011 at 12:59.
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Proffitt For This Useful Post:
Old 18th November 2011, 13:11   #3
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ Turtle beach have made some decent stuff in the past 15 years, they're pretty good for soundcards too
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 13:24   #4
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

I've got a set of X41's mate.
They're okay, but feel a bit cheap. The battery life (using 2x AAA) isn't very impressive, so I'd recommend a usb AAA charger. I have the USB charger plugged into one of the sockets on the front of the xbox and just replace the batteries on a rolling basis. Battery life is maybe 10 hours max at a reasonable volume. The radio frequency it uses is in the same range as routers so it can interfere but this is ONLY if the router is slap bang next to the sender unit though - receiving units are okay though Range is excellent though. Audio is very crisp and hi fidelity - so much so I can happily use them for DVD/Blurays etc They're great from that aspect.

If I had to buy again, I would look at something else probably, provided the fidelity is on par or better than the X41's (unlikely), maybe something that uses a different radio frequency. But that'd be my only way to see how to improve on the X41's

6/10 but that's not because it's an inherently defective product, it just doesn't fit my requirements.

R.e. mic audio, there's the option on the xbox to select, through speakers or though headset - so not a problem.

EDIT: there's volume switch that controls the incoming mic audio too on the x41's
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barry123 For This Useful Post:
Old 18th November 2011, 13:39   #5
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Follow from Barry123's post...

My X11's are wired so they are constantly pluged into the xbox via USB.
Good point is that there is no interferance and they will not run out of charge.
Also, the cable is massive so I can easily sit in bed comfirtably and use them for movies on the xbox or laptop.

Bad point is that there is loads of wire lying around when playing. Easy to tidy up though

Cymru am Byth
Old 18th November 2011, 15:59   #6
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Sounds good. I was opting for wired ones purely from the battery point of view and where i play my xbox trailing wires are not an issue.

Damn something else i need to pimp my ass out for now

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 22nd November 2011, 09:30   #7
MickyWelsh172
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Clio Sport 172
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
MickyWelsh172 is on a distinguished road

Ive had my X1's for about 3 years now and still going strong! Got them when i bought World At War and never looked back!

If your after the best though, go for Astro's mate, heard theyre unbelievable!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tritton-AX-P...1954238&sr=8-1
MickyWelsh172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:46   #8
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Sounds good. I was opting for wired ones purely from the battery point of view and where i play my xbox trailing wires are not an issue.

Damn something else i need to pimp my ass out for now
There is a lot of choice for rechargeable batteries on the market now, some outputting almost 3 amps. Run 2 sets of 2 batteries and you're good for a few years of wireless without having to buy batteries all the time. If you don't want rechargeables, the best value for money batteries are from Lidl: pack of 8 alkalines for £2
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 09:25   #9
Ryves
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo First 1.0
Ryves is on a distinguished road

I play on PC, but i use Steel Series Siberia V2, has 5.1 surround sound... They're the dogs
Ryves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 10:21   #10
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

You buy these Scott?

Manu, I always use Duracel. Last the longest.
I once bought a pack of 20 for £1 somewhere and I used at least 6 in one night lol

Cymru am Byth
Old 7th December 2011, 15:46   #11
Scottp
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffitt View Post
You buy these Scott?

Manu, I always use Duracel. Last the longest.
I once bought a pack of 20 for £1 somewhere and I used at least 6 in one night lol
to close to Christmas so apparently santa is bringing me them

Old 7th December 2011, 15:53   #12
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
to close to Christmas so apparently santa is bringing me them
Haha, I just went out and bought mine last November without telling anyone as I couldn't wait till xmas

Cymru am Byth
Old 7th December 2011, 18:14   #13
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

X11's ftw, easily one of the best things ive bought in the last 2 years
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 23:44   #14
Scottp
Administrator

Got a pair of x12's today

However doesn't tell you anywhere you need the special audio cable with hdmi connection until you open the ruddy box. So off to game tomorrow to get the cables them I should be up and running

Old 25th December 2011, 23:47   #15
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Have you sobered up yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 07:49   #16
Scottp
Administrator

I won't be sober until 3rd january

Old 26th December 2011, 10:08   #17
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

You don't need that cable, my gf brother got some x12 and he said the same. It I worse them up

Plug the USB into the back of the Xbox
Plug the two green thins together
Then plug the red and white audio things into the relevant plug in the back, normally where the sounds system goes.

The red and white audio leads have a female connector on the back of them, meaning that you can plug what ever you had there first will go back in.

I have my HiFi connected to the tv which I unplugged and then plugged the headsets in which goes into the female connectors.

Also, to confirm. I have the hdmi lead from th tv to the Xbox too.

Understand? Lol. It's hard to explain over Saxp

Cymru am Byth
Old 27th December 2011, 09:18   #18
Scottp
Administrator

How have I lived without a set of these!! Actually had a sore head yest playing cod single player but I did have it to loud

Got the cable from game for £8 or could have got it from eBay for pennies.

Old 27th December 2011, 10:24   #19
P_Connor
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
P_Connor is on a distinguished road

For value in money I would say Turtle Beach X11's, for comfort, sound quality, durability and more or less everything else apart from the price tag definetely TRITONS. Best headsets going. Look awesome too.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9355048.htm?CMPID=GS001&_%24ja%3Dkw%3A{keyword}%7C cgn%3Apla%7C%7C9355048%7Ctsid%3A11677%7Ccn%3Apla%7 C%7C9355048%7Cmt%3A{MatchType}%7Ccrid%3A1454214525 9
P_Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 19:43   #20
webbo_23
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo Desire
webbo_23 is on a distinguished road

I got the turtle beach x21's i think they r from argos. Down to £44 from £60 odd

Sound great imo
webbo_23 is offline   Reply With Quote