Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 3rd October 2011, 18:26   #41
Stuart85VTR
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 00' Ph1 172 + 99' Onyx 106 GTI
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Stuart85VTR is on a distinguished road

I just checked the status as I tried to sign in again there...
Stuart85VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:42   #42
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Lol 14% and I started at 6. Hmmmm
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:57   #43
alicowmeadow
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo
alicowmeadow is on a distinguished road

is this game any good? i didnt liek nmber 3 does it resemble it is it better or worse?
alicowmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:50   #44
m11ler
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Posi VTR, Eunos Roadster
iTrader Score: 6 (88%)
m11ler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicowmeadow View Post
is this game any good? i didnt liek nmber 3 does it resemble it is it better or worse?
That all depends on what you're in to..
m11ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:57   #45
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Absolutely fucking incredible. Best racing game I've ever played and it is the best Forza by a country fucking mile.

I speechless as to how good it is!
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:08   #46
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound View Post
Wow.

I am speechless in the worst possible way.

That was fucking awful. Not only does it look like utter shit (Forza 3 looks much better than this), and it has a retarded GUI, and they've changed the button layout and made it worse, and the cars handle like shit compared to the last one and they've given it fucking queer arcade credentials it doesn't deserve - wow. a "drift" or "drag" notification.. What. The. Fuck.

Awful.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:11   #47
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoJay88 View Post
Don't be, its an excellent game/demo!

**EDIT**

To add, someone earlier mentioned the music. If you can stream music to your xbox then start a song and pause it (this gets rid of the music)

**EDIT**

How anyone can slate the graphics is beyond me.
that sharp my eyes bleed.

nice review bound.
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:12   #48
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum

Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_G View Post
Upside down smiley indeed, he chats utter shit. GT5 plays like Outrun in comparison to Forza 4.

Forza 4 is the best driving game ever made.
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:15   #49
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Upside down smiley indeed, he chats utter shit. GT5 plays like Outrun in comparison to Forza 4.

Forza 4 is the best driving game ever made.
if you say so.

Old 3rd October 2011, 22:17   #50
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_G View Post
if you say so.

Yes I do say so. Get your tongue out of your PS3 and play Forza 4, you'll wonder why you ever played GT5.
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:21   #51
m11ler
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Posi VTR, Eunos Roadster
iTrader Score: 6 (88%)
m11ler is on a distinguished road

I have gt5 on ps3 and its utter wankshite compared to forza 3 lol.. but thats my opinion.. which will be different to someone elses lol
m11ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 01:42   #52
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

Why bound are you complaining about the button layout its exactly the same just the change view has changed and rewind is now y! SO fecking what. anyways the game plays amazing i love the fact that simulation mode is pretty much spot on if you start going sideways in a ferrari at 120 you aint got much chance of keeping it straight. The way the cars feel the environments its all amazing! cannot wait until the 11th!
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 02:33   #53
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Didn't think my post would be popular on a car forum.. In a thread dedicated to the game. Sorry I haven't given it universal acclaim.

All I wanted from Forza 4 was Forza 3 + weather and improved graphics. Not a complete overhaul as imo it was fine as it was and I don't think they've refined it anymore.

Recovering from a fishtale/drifting for example is much more difficult now... The car is less controllable and steering feels more labored and less finely poised than 3. It's just my opinion but it had to be said.. Do you not think I have some serious egg on my face after what I said to John about Forza 4 vs GT5 then totally backtracking? I still think it's equal to GT5 though (this doesn't say much )

Also - I'd question if some of those photos (as impressive as they are) are representative of gameplay or have been enhanced... The game didn't look like that for me.

Frankay - It's a minor change but it's totally unnecessary and pointless. If it ain't broke don't fix it etc, why make a simple, but pointless change to a winning formula at all?

Last edited by Bound; 4th October 2011 at 11:13.
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 08:17   #54
Stuart85VTR
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 00' Ph1 172 + 99' Onyx 106 GTI
Stuart85VTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankay View Post
Why bound are you complaining about the button layout its exactly the same just the change view has changed and rewind is now y! SO fecking what. anyways the game plays amazing i love the fact that simulation mode is pretty much spot on if you start going sideways in a ferrari at 120 you aint got much chance of keeping it straight. The way the cars feel the environments its all amazing! cannot wait until the 11th!
14th for us. It's America that get it on the 11th
Stuart85VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 09:19   #55
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore

OK after waiting nearly 3 hours for it to download, I got to play it this morning.

Opinions are as follows:

Graphics seem very realistic and almost like a photo in some instances, I think that picture earlier on in the thread with the grass / sand traps was definitely inhanced (it hurt my eyes!!)

The cars if anything feel more realistic to drive, Bound's right about the fishtailing and drifting catching you off guard but it shows how realistic it is compared to 3. (I recently fishtailed the mx5 and had the same feeling when spinning out the Ferrari this morning). I love the little exhaust rasps and pops when coming down the gears.

It's a demo at the end of the day, so we can't really rate the game as a whole based on this. But I'm really impressed and can't wait for the full version now.
Old 4th October 2011, 13:41   #56
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I didnt find drifting or holding the back end a problem, thats on hardest setting with all aids off. You just need to be smooth about it.

Game seems quite decent, if a little samey. Not sure about the "turn" and "drift" ratings on corners though.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 13:50   #57
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore

I havent seen these ratings yet. What sort of race are you seeing them on? Can someone explain a little?
Old 4th October 2011, 14:12   #58
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Lol at commenting on back end drifting and fishtailing. Try driving it properly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 18:39   #59
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdawayt View Post
I havent seen these ratings yet. What sort of race are you seeing them on? Can someone explain a little?
When you take a corner, it seems to rate your cornering by giving you an "out of 4" rating for cornering, and if you drift it you get a similar thing.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 23:21   #60
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

I have to say I'm kind of siding with Bound in the graphics dept. The resolution is lower than that of Forza 3 and there's no AntiAliasing so it's quite jaggy. I've only played it for 5 mins though...
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote