Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Newbies Forum...

Newbies Forum... This is a place for new members to pop in and say Hi... Don't be shy.

Old 21st April 2018, 14:19   #1
Suvy5000

Suvy5000 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie - VTR Project

Hello all

At the ripe old age of 29, I have finally decided to got hold of a VTR.

I'm sure I wasn't the only teenage lad with a dream of owning a VTR and to modify it to within an inch of its life...however, thankfully it never happened.

Having seen a spares or repair ad on ebay for a black VTR with a starting price of just £50 i thought I would take a punt and stick a bid on it.

I put a max bid of £250 and forgot about it for a few days, only to find that I had won the auction.

A few days later I went and collected it and to my suprise, it wasnt that bad...and despite the ad claiming it had no MOT...it has 8 months on the ticket.

The previous owner has put a matte black tail gate on it.....stuck the obligatory Paul Walker tribute sticker on the window and then applied a Hoonigan and JDM as F sticker on it which were peeled off as soon as i got it home!

Other little issues include a wobbly drivers seat and the front bumper being cable tied on.

I plan to give it a good going over to check the obvious places for rust, have the engine looked at to ensure im not going to be chucking money at something which is fit for the scrappy and then start on bringing it back to a decent standard.

So far i have stripped out the interior, taken the front bumper off along with the front arches and skirts so i can check for any rust issues.

With a little over 100,000 miles, apart from the above, it is in fairly good condition so i'm hoping once all the work has been done, i will have a nice tidy example to keep hold of until they are worth a few bob ( i hope) .
Suvy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2018, 20:03   #2
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Sounds promising. Get a thread started and document the progress.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2018, 23:39   #3
AdamL200
Infrequent Poster

AdamL200 is on a distinguished road

JDM as F, did the lad not no what jdm means haha
AdamL200 is offline   Reply With Quote