Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd June 2014, 02:25   #21
ThrushMotorsport
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Turbo Saxo vtr, 2010 Octavia VRS TSI, mk3 Ibiza cu
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
ThrushMotorsport is on a distinguished road

Been ill last few days with my lymph nodes swelling up again so been off work, but today managed to venture out my bed to sort out my gearbox problem struggle was not the word lol

Only prize I got for it was a delivery at 6PM....

ohhh yeah 8-) calico coated race bearings, ARP 2000 rods, and integrated engineering forged conrods

Also found a spot for my new sticker..

Rods will be in somepoint in june, I also ordered a supersprint catback as I binned my last one - just all I need really is get the catback on, get rods in, and new injectors, also a new DV as sold my 007p to my friend for £50, so ill be going for the forge 008, and then its mapping time - getting so close to finishing the engine.
ThrushMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:42   #22
stuff
Regular Poster

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
stuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrushMotorsport View Post

Fisting that shiz.

Bitches be like its my first time honest . . .

Looks like a good build though mate
stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:44   #23
ThrushMotorsport
Established Member

Lmao, damn' right son'

But yeah shes been fun to build - and going to be fast when built, ive still got a month or two until engine is fully finished - but after all that is done, its onto cage and bucket seats

the blue one that is in a few of the pictures is getting the engine stuck together as we speak - so it should be ready + Mapped same time mine is, so there will be lots of fly-by videos of both cars together which will look and sound epic, he should be running minimum 400bhp on a garret gt28RS where-as mine should be atleast 300 - (but ive got allot of room for more in future )

Cant say how excited I am, it was quick enough the first time I built it too lol
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:45   #24
stuff
Regular Poster

Haha had to be said

Yeah I would love to do something like this myself just haven't got the knowledge or money for it at the moment, give it a few years then most definitely

Look forward to some fly by vids though mate, I guess thats when you see all of the hard work pay off, putting you foot down will make it all worth it
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:13   #25
ThrushMotorsport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
Haha had to be said

Yeah I would love to do something like this myself just haven't got the knowledge or money for it at the moment, give it a few years then most definitely

Look forward to some fly by vids though mate, I guess thats when you see all of the hard work pay off, putting you foot down will make it all worth it

To be fair, I have 0% mechanical knowledge either except from my own teachings over the years pissing about with cars, but once you've done things once and think carefully about it in hindsight about what has to be done/how your going to do it - anybody could attempt it but yeah - money is the factor in everything and there is never enough of it

Yeah ill get to drive it at end of this month for a good 50 mile to take it to a unit so I can get the rods in but unfortunetly.. only on low boost xD but so excited though for the first drive when its 100% done - my only worry is something is going to break lol
Old 6th June 2014, 00:37   #26
stuff
Regular Poster

I think thats what I need to do to get some more knowledge, I guess the more you do it the better you get at it and the more you can do I think once I get some funds I will have to have a go

Haha im sure even at low boost it will feel a bit of a monster, then wait until you turn it up Ah im sure it will only be a few teething issues nothing more hopefully

Fingers crossed
Old 6th June 2014, 11:56   #27
ThrushMotorsport
Established Member

Plenty more issues haha, my new exhaust dosent fit right, its too long but i think its down to the downpipe being a little longer than it should be :/ so need to cut my exhaust up now lmao

Well just been told the basemap ill have is off an audi s3 but running basic settings,but will still be running lots of power on that lol

Not long to go til finished tho
Old 7th June 2014, 13:15   #28
ThrushMotorsport
Established Member

We'll cut my exhaust up, now fits, but think there's a leak at the downpipe, I think ( which I haven't touched)

Took it for a drive but after 7 psi of boost it just sorta dies, however I think this is down to fueling with the new walbro 255 fuel pump, as the AFR gauge rockets past 18.. Also leaves exhaust smoking too once it's turned off lmfao

But basemap should be on next week dependant on matty at Wallace performance having the time to do it, but the new system sounds pretty good tbh, so quiet on idle but loud as fuck building boost
Old 7th June 2014, 19:47   #29
stuff
Regular Poster

Sounds like its progressing mate, once you iron out some of the minor issues im sure it will be a beast with the correct map

I really cant wait until i am able to afford to do something like this myself, sounds like there is a lot learning to be done and it will surely pay off
Old 20th June 2014, 21:46   #30
ThrushMotorsport
Established Member

Well had my ecu up for base-mapping - turns out the correct map is already on it (weird.)

After LOTS of diagnosing problems with car running in a worrying lean state - its all sorted, took me a while, but I got there in the end, turns out it was a really dodgy MAF.

Car was leaning out completely on idle, and on boost it would cut out on quarter throttle.

However, ive had timing adjusted and boost levels turned down via the ECU, but holy shit, this thing is fast on medium boost settings - im no where near running full boost, and water meth was turned off, just the rest of this to go in end of next week - and we are sorted for FULL boost and water meth dialled in

Old 1st September 2014, 12:30   #31
ThrushMotorsport
Established Member

Long time scince ive updated this, so copy + Paste.

Then I decided I needed lots of new tools, which included a new impact gun, more spanners and sockets, an ocetaline torch and some other stuff that I ordered but cant remember :lol: Im ment to be saving money, not spending it! so I decided to test most of them out on doing my rear hub.. the reasons are explanatory in the photos if you are able to see what it is.

Really need to replace the rear brakes anyways... ordered brembo discs and pads, see if they are any use.

Got my discs, but no pads.. they fucked my order up and now im trying to get them to admit liability and send me a new pair of pads, but dosent seem they are interested.

Anyways, brembo max discs.

Wont get to try them until ive got a set of new brake pads in my hand - which hopefully isn't too long...

Finally got round to sorting my gear linkages out, this is why I ended up replacing all of this;

And now.. im having problems with this bastard, the reverse gear sensor, works when I take it out and press on the ball, but dosent when its in the gearbox, its got me stumped, it used to work too, so I have no idea why its doing it, maby reverse gear isn't getting engaged far enough in to knock it? I don't know :/ im stumped on it...

ill figure it out somehow, it works if I short out the wires too, so I know the wiring is fine, and it works when I take the switch out of the gearbox, plug it in and press the ball, so the switch must be fine, hmm..

That's all for now.

Right, so - not much else has happened, I was going to keep my black cupra wheels and just put new tyres on, but then these came up at a very good price with good tyres (wheels and tyres were less than just buying new tyres)

They are oz superturismo's btw, make it look a good bit cleaner.

Also replaced my clutch slave cylinder with a brand new one, the old one had a split in the boot, and the bleed nipple was just spinning as it broke the plastic housing.

Its in for mapping in september, and an mot.. so hopefully everything goes to plan

But realistically, it should have more power to weight ratio than an audi r8 once its mapped, I. cant. wait. lmfao

Last edited by ThrushMotorsport; 1st September 2014 at 12:32.