Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep' > Track Chat
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track Chat This forum is for general chat related to track / motorsport, including photos of builds, etc. Please keep the main forum section based upon technical discussion.

Old 12th October 2010, 19:10   #1
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Mathias will become famous soon enoughMathias will become famous soon enough
Default Ring rules / regulations?

Not sure if i should be posting this in here or general chat but hey ho, will my car when finished be 'acceptable' to go to and drive around the nurburgring?

I'd like to go with sax-p at some point!

Could someone post a link as to whats acceptable and whats not? wasnt sure if they allow kitted cars on there etc?
Old 12th October 2010, 19:16   #2
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

I posted up a thread earlier this year in the WM section, hold on ill try and find it...

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 19:21   #3
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

General Rules:-

- Stupid parking (i.e. any parking not in a clearly marked place) will be rewarded with a 100% guaranteed winning ticket to pick your car up from an exciting location in Adenau. This means verges, over kerbs, abandoned next to mates cars which aren't moving etc...
- Crap parking will also be rewarded with a day-long ban from the Nordschleife AND its car park.
- Parking capacity will be expanded before season begins to match the above enforcement
- No change to basic rules - no vids, no paid taxi laps, etc...

It seems they are going to come down HARD on cars that arent prepared correctly!

Car Rules:-

- Bonnet pins are now TOTALLY verboten. Even if covered with tape or rubber. It's flush mount or standard bonnets only
- Interior trim - NO sharp edges or even tatty-looking 'rip outs' will be tolerated. You must have door cards installed, you can't leave shin-breaking metal beams uncovered under your dash.
- Roll bars and cages must be padded where your body will hit them. This will be checked more.
- Expect more TüV time - this is where a Meister guy from the the standards body here in Germany spends time at the gate spot-checking for safe and unsafe cars. This can only be a good thing provided the decisions are consistent.
- valid MOT certificate, tax-disc and insurance that does not have funny small print. if you already fail to produce any of the above criteria then game over.
- weld in or bolt in cages only with certificate from the manufacturer or TUV stating the complete construction of car/cage is safe and solid and from within the last two years. same applies to harness bars, especially concerning the welds.
- seatbelts/seats/seatmounts fall in the same criteria, so unless you have a certificate from a governing body (uk or germany does not matter but german preferred) saying the construction is save.
- bucket seats and harnesses will only be tolerated when mounted on corresponding subframes and only seats/harnesses still within FIA will be accepted at spot checks. anything out of date will not be tollerated.
- perspex windows is another sore point on modern cars as they are part of the carrying structure of the vehicle. not so much a problem with older cars with rubber seals.

And heres the link to the thread which has another link in it to Northloop with the full rules.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=297818

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpsaxo For This Useful Post:
Old 12th October 2010, 19:25   #4
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore

Used all my thanks quota, but thats a massive help! must have missed that before.... looks like i wont be gooing!

Thanks jp
Old 12th October 2010, 19:47   #5
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

What makes you say that?
When i was there this year some guy just glanced through the windscreen then we were on, looked like he was checking for a camera more than anything.

Last edited by Alex; 12th October 2010 at 20:44.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 19:57   #6
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

many people dont feel the trip is worth risking not being allowed on.

Personally id rather spend the dosh on a trip and do spa than the ring. For me the ring was over hyped and is full of to many knobbers
Old 12th October 2010, 20:30   #7
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
many people dont feel the trip is worth risking not being allowed on.

Personally id rather spend the dosh on a trip and do spa than the ring. For me the ring was over hyped and is full of to many knobbers
I'm planning on doing spa next year on the way or way back from the ring, still love the ring.

Old 12th October 2010, 20:32   #8
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road

Agreed, By what i've seen and heard the ring is crowded and jam packed with people and bikes hooning past you, you can't relax and get into the groove, let alone give it some. Spa is an awesome track. Quite expensive for track days, but a good experience.
Old 12th October 2010, 20:41   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Josh i was meant to do spa this year. No car for it sadly.

Wish I could get it picked up by someone for a decent price then it can get some work done on it.

I just really dont enjoy the ring/the way that you can royally be fucked by someone elses mistake. (currently I know two people with big lawsuits on trying to avoid someone elses F'up but the german police have sided with the germans).
Old 12th October 2010, 20:51   #10
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

if you dont want to go to the ring when its busy, its simple just go in the week away from prime time weekends and bank holidays etc. then theres more chance of enjoying the track rather than the experience. i still love the place.
i do agree there are lots of idiots there you have to be wary of.

WIDE-VTR-TURBO, im pretty sure you would be fine with your car. if its built to the quality it looks in the pics then they will realise its not a "thrown together" cheapo car and realise its had a bit of thought gone into it.
they are basically looking for ropey shed that are a danger to other people. the rules/guidlines are there to scare these type of cars/people away. also so long as you condone yourself properly in the car parks and on track and dont draw attention to yourself you will be ok.
Old 12th October 2010, 22:54   #11
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
What makes you say that?
When i was there this year some guy just glanced through the windscreen then we were on, looked like he was checking for a camera more than anything.
Just because its not meant for 'track' really, wouldnt hammer it round, just love to make the trip and experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
if you dont want to go to the ring when its busy, its simple just go in the week away from prime time weekends and bank holidays etc. then theres more chance of enjoying the track rather than the experience. i still love the place.
i do agree there are lots of idiots there you have to be wary of.

WIDE-VTR-TURBO, im pretty sure you would be fine with your car. if its built to the quality it looks in the pics then they will realise its not a "thrown together" cheapo car and realise its had a bit of thought gone into it.
they are basically looking for ropey shed that are a danger to other people. the rules/guidlines are there to scare these type of cars/people away. also so long as you condone yourself properly in the car parks and on track and dont draw attention to yourself you will be ok.
Thanks danny, very informative, didnt think of it like that, will consider it when the next one is planned
Old 13th October 2010, 03:07   #12
mark1311
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Be scirocco, full on 03plate track spec Saxo
mark1311 is on a distinguished road

an really wonting to take the car over to the ring and then drive down to our place in spain next summer then stay out there for abit, some of the rules do worry me for example...
- weld in or bolt in cages only with certificate from the manufacturer or TUV stating the complete construction of car/cage is safe and solid and from within the last two years. same applies to harness bars, especially concerning the welds.

i have a 6 point 45mm Geronimo Cage with harness bars, but theres no fia or any papers come with it thats kinda worrying me, all the welds are spot on with it ect so would i not be aloud on?
mark1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 08:02   #13
3cott
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Black mk2 vts
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice

Ide really love to go to the next year but this has kinder put a downer on it

"weld in or bolt in cages only with certificate from the manufacturer or TUV stating the complete construction of car/cage is safe and solid and from within the last two years"

I have a bolt in sparco cage. I bought it second hand an it never came with with a certificate

How would you get around this?
3cott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 11:06   #14
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Fabia vRS
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!

When we were there in July there were cars with metal bonnet pins and I went round with a camera attached to the sun visor they are not as strict as it says.
-Jason- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 11:23   #15
mark1311
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

surly your aloud out in cars without a cage? if so it seems daft, you can go out in a uncaged car but if you have one has to have fia ect...
Old 13th October 2010, 11:55   #16
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post

- bucket seats and harnesses will only be tolerated when mounted on corresponding subframes and only seats/harnesses still within FIA will be accepted at spot checks. anything out of date will not be tollerated.

that will cause alot of problems...
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 13:05   #17
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1311 View Post
surly your aloud out in cars without a cage? if so it seems daft, you can go out in a uncaged car but if you have one has to have fia ect...
Because what they want is that if your car is modified, then they want to know that it is of a high standard and won't fall apart. A standard car will probably wont have been tampered with as much as a modified car.
Old 13th October 2010, 13:20   #18
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1311 View Post

Thats because a badly fitted/badly designed cage is alot more dangerous than no cage at all.
Old 13th October 2010, 15:05   #19
mark1311
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Yer i totally get what you guys are saying, so would I not be aloud on with my cage?
Old 13th October 2010, 16:34   #20
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

can you not email geronimo cages / Impact Cages (Which they are now known as)

? as im sure they were fia approved?

Quote:
A copy of the certificate of conformity will be supplied with all products (posted out separately)
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote