Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 23rd September 2013, 12:15   #221
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST & 206 GTI180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
have you tried one of them wheel nut remover tools? I used em to get them off my polo, and one of my saxos.. Worked a treat!
Quote:
Also, crying about it been on 50k Jamie?! My 306 is nearly on 120k!
I haven't mate but the heads warped on the remaining lockers because my friend tried to get them off with an air chisel lol!

I am a fanny when it comes to mileage, no idea why :|

ST
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:21   #222
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I once had a diesel 306 on 240k as well.. lol

If the head is kind of round still, you might get a removal tool on it.. They opposite thread, so when they are tight on the nut, it starts loosening the other!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:22   #223
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My S60 is nearly on 261k!
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:24   #224
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I once had a diesel 306 on 240k as well.. lol

If the head is kind of round still, you might get a removal tool on it.. They opposite thread, so when they are tight on the nut, it starts loosening the other!
Jeez to the moon and back haha, I don't know what my deal is with mileage! Just a silly sod lol!

They look like melted metal! I do know the tool you are talking about shame we didn't have one at the time would have saved so much agro!

ST
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:59   #225
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Just about 90k lol.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:11   #226
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Clio Trophy 025/500
leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

Are these any good Jamie?

Mega cheap at the mind for a decent one
leeroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:37   #227
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroybrown View Post
Are these any good Jamie?

Mega cheap at the mind for a decent one
Well I've had two lol

I think they are and in terms of pace same as a 172/182 might be slightly worse in the corners on stock suspension but it's all down to driver ability really, 17s don't help but that's easily rectified with 15's-16's & some springs or Bilstein eibach setup.

Maybe if you test one (properly) you will see why I used to get excited when people said they were shite. It's just like the Clio though need to get it by the scrote to get it to move but it's fun unless you're on a motorway lol!

Test a few

ST
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:49   #228
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Well I've had two lol

I think they are and in terms of pace same as a 172/182 might be slightly worse in the corners on stock suspension but it's all down to driver ability really, 17s don't help but that's easily rectified with 15's-16's & some springs or Bilstein eibach setup.

Maybe if you test one (properly) you will see why I used to get excited when people said they were shite. It's just like the Clio though need to get it by the scrote to get it to move but it's fun unless you're on a motorway lol!

Test a few
I would if they were not all miles away

I love the 17's they looked whicked tbh and so do the seats, is more then likely to be the gear shift (which am sure can be sorted with a quick shift) and the pappy MPG they do, other than that they look half decent
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:00   #229
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
I would if they were not all miles away

I love the 17's they looked whicked tbh and so do the seats, is more then likely to be the gear shift (which am sure can be sorted with a quick shift) and the pappy MPG they do, other than that they look half decent
I love them for looks but performance wise they're more of a hindrance than anything, and the ride is hard you feel every bump with those bad boys + the suspension lol.

Yeah quick shift is definitely a good move, I've been after one but can't seem to find one that fits as they don't use rods like the gti's ect.

Mpg is pap really I'm sitting at 28.5 atm but I do have a heavy right foot in the mornings on the way to the station lol!

ST
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:02   #230
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I love them for looks but performance wise they're more of a hindrance than anything, and the ride is hard you feel every bump with those bad boys + the suspension lol.

Yeah quick shift is definitely a good move, I've been after one but can't seem to find one that fits as they don't use rods like the gti's ect.

Mpg is pap really I'm sitting at 28.5 atm but I do have a heavy right foot in the mornings on the way to the station lol!
Anything to look for on one apart from the rear axel?
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:07   #231
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Anything to look for on one apart from the rear axel?
Look out for clutch judder but most develop it mines had it for 2 years, can be sorted with a new clutch and skimmed fly wheel depending on how that looks but I'll be doing it at some point soon.

Bar that the usual's really like worn components (drop links, engine mounts ect) obviously just make sure it's had cam belt changed but you know this.

ST
Old 26th September 2013, 09:33   #232
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Made a slight mistake on the weight of the wheels. Previous owner weighed them at 11kg a corner and they're filled with nitrogen.

So it's a 24kg saving which equates to 3.7 stone according to google. Now I know my cars not a track car or any of that sort of stuff but every little helps! Obviously the aim of the game is to make the car quicker & handle better. If anything they will counter the weight of those front seats lol.

I also need to buy new centre caps for them as when I removed one of the wrapped ones to unwrap the caps it literally fell out in my hand. I also found the cap was one of the old school caps (silver) and missing most of the plastic bits to clip to the wheel. That's annoying there goes another £40 odd. I really need to stop talking and get them fitted though.

ST
Old 26th September 2013, 11:23   #233
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Upsprung weight is best

And yes get them fitted
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yates For This Useful Post:
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:32   #234
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Yesterday I ordered a set of brand new centre caps from seriouslylotus.

I decided to unwrap the caps because I hate carbon wrap but taking them off most of the clips with no force whatsoever snapped off obviously just old brittle plastic because they were older style caps. I would of had to anyway because the caps had the faces scratched to pieces as if they were going to be sprayed.

So £30 down wheels have cost me £430

Also forgot to add they came with an exact spare just needs a refurb... not really sure if I can be asked to get it done at the minute but I guess it's worth keeping just incase *probably worth fuck all anyway lol*

The spare lol.

So this weekend if all goes to plan they'll be fitted .

Next plans are suspension and mounts to be fitted and buy some Brembos thinking of colours but I did a photoshop a while back which can be seen below;

Obviously completely different wheels, and tbf I'm not sure any of those are particularly exciting. Yellow would look good again but I don't really want to be same old - but it's a high contender. A sparkling silver with black decals could look alright but a tad boring...

OR it's a tad out there but GOLD and black lol.

ST

Last edited by Jamie; 2nd October 2013 at 09:36.
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:48   #235
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Thats one thing I never liked about the 180 the stock wheels always looked too big.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:27   #236
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Thats one thing I never liked about the 180 the stock wheels always looked too big.
I don't think they look too big myself, even though the 182 stock wheels are 16's I think they look about as ridiculous as they do.

My reason for getting shot is;

A) they need a refurb and I don't have spares to piss about with
B) they are quite a hindrance on performance due to the size and weight

The size is an issue but not look wise for me

On another note I've 99% decided that when I get my brembos they will be going gold with a glittery finish *not too much* and black decals. Think that should look sweet behind the team d's with a drop.

ST
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:01   #237
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I've never liked anything but turini's on clio's or aftermarket wheels of course. Again I think 15's suit old skool french hatches better.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:12   #238
BIG
Established Member

Car(s): SILVER R
BIG is on a distinguished road

Subbed nice car man
Old 20th October 2013, 18:54   #239
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Let's start with the good news,

The good news is they're on...

The bad news starts here...

Now when I last had a tyre change I took my car to a place called (fa rm t yre s).. just so I don't get owned in the night haha.

Anyways they air gunned my locking wheel nuts in and basically broke my locker key! we tried our best to hammer a nut in to place and remove them that way but 2 remained unfazed. After this I let my mates uncle have a shot at getting it off. He decided to use an air chizzle on the nuts in hope to crack them off, this wasn't the best plan but it was too late he'd done it. After this I took them to my uncle who tried to weld a nut on and unscrew but the heads were too fucked. He managed to weld it on but when he used the socket set it ripped it clean off. After this we tried to drill them out which was a waste of time and we weren't cracking it. So as a last resort we cut them off.

Drillin'

Cuttin'

Offskies'

Damn...

How pikey eh? Waste of good wheels but no other option but to keep drilling... we got the best peices we could! but obviously didn't spend ridiculous amounts.

Then today on the way to my uncles I noticed this;

OMFG

Holding just over 10psi

Now crying in a dark corner... lol.

ST
Old 20th October 2013, 19:39   #240
mattknight1984
Established Member

Car(s): VW Golf GT TDi 170 BMW 320ci 1988 mk2 Golf 16v
mattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nicemattknight1984 is just really nice

Appreciate you've changed them for the way it drives, but it looked better on the original wheels. Tyres look too big now.
mattknight1984 is offline   Reply With Quote