Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 26th January 2011, 13:50   #1
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
qrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Satchshift...

After seeing these awhile ago on a 205 I have always thought they where a good idea!

Then the other day after seeing Lewismo with one and having a search I found out Mr Satchell was doing a kit!

Have spoken with Colin via email and he was happy for me to post this up for anyones information!

The is a kit available for the MA and BE gearbox!

MA Type kit is £280 + £15 P+P

BE Type kit is £300 + £15 P+P

He said he was more than happy to deal with people directly so if you want one drop him a email: colinsatchell@btconnect.com

Fitting Guide!

qrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 13:58   #2
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Mark has one too already fitted on here. Got his a few weeks ago. Very good value for money, if you replace all the standard gearing with a cheaper quickshift and standard replacment linkages and control rods etc from citroen I bet it would come to near the same price for this kit.
Old 26th January 2011, 14:14   #3
mark1311
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Be scirocco, full on 03plate track spec Saxo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
mark1311 is on a distinguished road

yep i love my, had myn about 3weeks now, was 1st person on here with it i think ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1311 View Post
o yer for got pictures haha.,..

shifter

steering colum.
mark1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mark1311 For This Useful Post:
Old 26th January 2011, 19:09   #4
Colin
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo Rally Car Evo 6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Colin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant future

Got mine sat in my room ready to fit! Epic bit of kit and Engineering!
Smoking Bozos Since 1988
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 13:59   #5
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

What's the advantage of this?
Apart from looking cooler
Old 28th January 2011, 14:32   #6
benkelsall
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
benkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of light

This is what Lewis said about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisimo View Post
Yes that's about spot on buddy. It's basically a totally redesigned set of gear linkages/gear stick, for race applications mainly. Does away with all the gash standard parts, removes the sloppy feel from the gear stick, and makes changing a whole lot more precise. Basically the same job as a TAS quickshift but 100 times better and more developed to achieve better performance overall. The build of it is ace, all the parts are top notch, and it's not that expensive considering it's much better than anything that pug sport ever came up with....they are designed and made by Colin Satchell, he's Sandy Brown's 'sidekick' so to speak. Top lads
benkelsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 14:48   #7
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum

qrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of light

The kit also moves the stick back a little and the gearknob higher up!
Old 28th January 2011, 15:21   #8
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

I am not knocking the kit,not in any way --looks very good ,but those you who are not the smoothest of drivers could find the the synchro,s will not last long ,with no rubber or I say again i am not knocking the conversion ,but experience has shown me that over enthusistic lightning gear shifts with no cushioning in the linkage ends up with broken synchro rings --buy it ,but just remember that you cannot expect any syncho box to like being used lke a sequential one with very short shifts andno electronics to cut the power on gear engagement ,so just remember to lift the throttle on gear changing and be smooth .
the rubber cushions on std linkage allow the synchro to bounce to find its correct engagment ,solid links means it will smash it home even if its not lining up correctly ,causing excessive wear .
the ma gets an unfair bad reputation --its the bad drivers that cause most of the damage not the design of the g/box.
ideal system for a dog box though -as you have to feel the engagment anyway to get smooothest changes --just be careful if fitting to a std synchro box

Last edited by axsaxoman; 28th January 2011 at 15:24.
axsaxoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 16:39   #9
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsaxoman View Post
I am not knocking the kit,not in any way --looks very good ,but those you who are not the smoothest of drivers could find the the synchro,s will not last long ,with no rubber or I say again i am not knocking the conversion ,but experience has shown me that over enthusistic lightning gear shifts with no cushioning in the linkage ends up with broken synchro rings --buy it ,but just remember that you cannot expect any syncho box to like being used lke a sequential one with very short shifts andno electronics to cut the power on gear engagement ,so just remember to lift the throttle on gear changing and be smooth .
the rubber cushions on std linkage allow the synchro to bounce to find its correct engagment ,solid links means it will smash it home even if its not lining up correctly ,causing excessive wear .
the ma gets an unfair bad reputation --its the bad drivers that cause most of the damage not the design of the g/box.
ideal system for a dog box though -as you have to feel the engagment anyway to get smooothest changes --just be careful if fitting to a std synchro box
Understand totally where you are coming from on this!

Seen a fair few people wreck boxes trying to do lightening quick changes and jamming it in on standard linkages, these must magnify the issue just like rose jointed or solid linkages! Maybe a little bit worse as there is probably a bit more leverage, but im sure if your not heavy handed with your changes you should be ok!
Old 28th January 2011, 16:45   #10
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum

Mark not criticising just thought id point it out, on a picture of the kit fitted by Colin the support in the bay goes over the mount not under?!? not sure which is right thought id point it out though!

Last edited by qrty; 28th January 2011 at 18:32.
Old 28th January 2011, 17:23   #11
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsaxoman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrty View Post
Understand totally where you are coming from on this!

Seen a fair few people wreck boxes trying to do lightening quick changes and jamming it in on standard linkages, these must magnify the issue just like rose jointed or solid linkages! Maybe a little bit worse as there is probably a bit more leverage, but im sure if your not heavy handed with your changes you should be ok!
Colin does not offer this as a road setup. Trackday and race. Though nothing is stopping anyone fitting this to a road car. Common sense should always be taken with all quickshifts when combined with Synchro boxes. Never rush a standard gearbox.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 18:23   #12
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
Colin does not offer this as a road setup. Trackday and race. Though nothing is stopping anyone fitting this to a road car. Common sense should always be taken with all quickshifts when combined with Synchro boxes. Never rush a standard gearbox.
Yer understand that fully, this is why I put it in the trackday section not the transmission section really thought it belonged here!

Not trying to be the next person wanting this to label my car a "Track Car". Although that is its sole purpose, for me I can see this kit being useful as it will improve my driving position (Can move the seat back, lanky legs aha) and also there will be less distance between wheel and stick!

Never wanted to put this thread up as "The Next Mod" or "Track Style Race Shifterzzzz" lol, just some information for the right audience!
Old 28th January 2011, 18:52   #13
Jackman
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): iTB 205 Rallye, 205 STDT.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!

Colin Satchel is a genius !

Soooo want one for the 205!