Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 23rd May 2013, 09:45   #61
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hazmanscoop is on a distinguished road

there twitter feed suggests they are working with people to sort out the second hand market.

the thing is, if they did destroy the second hand market they breach certain consumer laws and rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Hazmanscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:16   #62
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ as I said in my previous post, sony got hammered in court over their CD protection. It has to do with DRM rights, not sure how this would work out in countries like germany. Technically, when you buy a copy, you own that copy forever and should be able to play the content in any compatible machine without having to clear fee based copyrights each time.

Now nobody forces you to buy it in the first place, there are all sorts of other video game platforms available on the market. If MS goes ahead, they may well lose a huge chunk of customers. Huge dealbreaker in my case.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:45   #63
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Yep Manu, just thought id add what id saw.

I would think they will make sure the second hand games market is kept alive somehow before they are slapped with some sort of court injunction.

Buying second hand games is a big deal for me as well, certain games i will buy new, but others i'll buy second hand.

Quote:
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:27   #64
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

From experience: I bought COD 4 on xbox. 2 hours later and I've completed it with a feeling of F me it's already finished, where the F is my value for money gone, should have bought a film instead would have been cheaper etc. To be completely honest I fell for the franchise as I owned all previous games, but wasn't expecting so little actual gaming time in there. As opposed to COD 1 which took me much longer than 120 minutes including the video sequences.

On the other hand, I paid a fiver second hand (perfectly mint condition) to get the tomb raider trilogy on playstation and that has kept me busy for a while.

So, all considered and weighted in: will I risk paying 50+ quid for a turd that has little to no resale value? Hell no. And don't give a shit if the consoles playing TV on my TV, woopty freaking doo. Plays blu ray, hooray. Hope it does that better than a playstation 3 then. Last time I checked, PS3s are still considered one of the top BR players you can get.

Last edited by Manu; 23rd May 2013 at 11:34.
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:40   #65
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Its not only that, it could be an attempt to break 3rd party second hand market, particularly if ms have an online game trade-in facility: if they do so, and ms/xbox live becomes the only way to trade in games then they could set tradein values to whatever they want.
The online trade in could help me, as its 30 miles to the nearest GAME store..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJay View Post
How the hell does it take two days to download a game? I can download a full 7GB game in just over an hour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EwynSaxo View Post
Sorry for not living in a area where there is ridiculous fast internet speeds . . .
What he said, I live in a town, with a max speed for 7mb broadband.. Not gonna be great to download say, battlefield with all its 17gb of updates..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:44   #66
Manu
Saxperience Addict

^^^ I spoke with a few Korean and Japanese people, they always seem to mention how the internet is dog shit slow over here. I'm glad when my 5 meg doesn't get capped while they get 180 G speeds. They can download blurays in seconds there, over here it's still the dark days of the middle ages.
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:31   #67
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
^^^ I spoke with a few Korean and Japanese people, they always seem to mention how the internet is dog shit slow over here. I'm glad when my 5 meg doesn't get capped while they get 180 G speeds. They can download blurays in seconds there, over here it's still the dark days of the middle ages.
The worst and funny thing is, the surrounding villages, of the town where i live, with a population in each one no bigger than 3-500 homes, is getting fiberoptic before the actual town itself :/ like 8 months before!

Old 23rd May 2013, 13:00   #68
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Its easier to replace cable from the outside in.

Starting in the middle makes it a disaster zone! Its what happened where i lived, outskirts got it first until they rewired everything to the middle of the city.

Quote:
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:13   #69
Manu
Saxperience Addict

The way they handle it, facepalm. no doubt they'll destroy the tarmac as they go along. In most streets over here you have trenches every single yard, courtesy of Virgin media. We only recently had that mind blowing 5 meg upgrade

they don't have a single clue on how to build a network efficiently. Then you'll have to pay a premium for that futuristic optic cable 20 meg broadband, then pay another extra ripoff no to have your internet "fair-my ass-usage" cap. What a joke.
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:03   #70
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

I loved virgin when i lived in Newcastle, i had 100mb with no cap.

that stuff was unreal!

Quote:
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:10   #71
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Well I don't see how they are going to sell that xbox in my area, would take about 2 weeks to download a game for some people.
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:12   #72
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

I guess MS expect everyone to be running the highest spec connections. And if you aren't then it's your problem, usually the Microsoft way tbh
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 19:34   #73
iMystikz
Established Member

iMystikz is on a distinguished road

Most of you should feel lucky with what internet you have! I live in Spain and Mine is terrible, we are MEANT to get 4mb but we get like 2mb and It's so shit I can't even use it upstairs in my bedroom. I use to be on Black Ops and disconnect constantly, And no WiFi connection on my laptop/phone.

I'd love to have any England's Internet Speed!!

Anyway I might get the Xbox when it comes out, or I'll just stick with getting another 360 Slim.
iMystikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 21:26   #74
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMystikz View Post
Most of you should feel lucky with what internet you have! I live in Spain and Mine is terrible, we are MEANT to get 4mb but we get like 2mb and It's so shit I can't even use it upstairs in my bedroom. I use to be on Black Ops and disconnect constantly, And no WiFi connection on my laptop/phone.

I'd love to have any England's Internet Speed!!

Anyway I might get the Xbox when it comes out, or I'll just stick with getting another 360 Slim.
I feel for you! When i go to ibiza, I'll see if Jet2 will let me run an cable from my router, to spain for you
Hopefully they back out of this charging for a second hand game if you have the disk..

Fair enough wiping it from the other persons console, but not charging for the right to play it!

Old 23rd May 2013, 21:35   #75
EwynSaxo
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Furio R.I.P, onyx Gti, astra turbo
EwynSaxo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
The worst and funny thing is, the surrounding villages, of the town where i live, with a population in each one no bigger than 3-500 homes, is getting fiberoptic before the actual town itself :/ like 8 months before!
Atleast your having fiberoptic . . . We only just had wireless phones
Old 24th May 2013, 14:09   #76
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Back to the xbox itself. Its fugly. Like a fucking Lenovo desktop.

They want it to be the "one" box you need in the living room, i wont be displaying that monstrosity to anyone, thankfully mine will be tucked away in the AV cupboard with everything else.

Kinect - its unknown if they have addressed the issue of most people outside of the USA not having a massive living room. Also it would appear Kinect has to always be attached? See my point above about aesthetics and those who have the console miles away from the TV.

Im very much an xbox fanboy so will reserve judgement until we see some proper game footage at E3. Price will be interesting to see and both Sony and MS appear to be waiting for each other to show a hand

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 14:29   #77
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Ill take a stab at £449. I always think aesthetics are a funny issue when it comes to console, set top box, av receiver etc buyers. As long as it doesnt look like a warty cock farting smegma out its japper I couldnt care less.

Yhe new kinect has a much bigger field of view and can work with people playing closer than they were before.

I dread to think how much release date titles will cost, given that 360 launch titles were 50 quid.

I love my 360 but I can see me hanging onto it for a long time yet given different factors with the One. But will MS shut down server support for the 360 a short while after One launch to "persuade" people to buy a One?
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 14:34   #78
iMystikz
Established Member

iMystikz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
I feel for you! When i go to ibiza, I'll see if Jet2 will let me run an cable from my router, to spain for you
Hopefully they back out of this charging for a second hand game if you have the disk..
I'll get a really long Ethernet cable and bring it to you in a boat

Quote:
But will MS shut down server support for the 360 a short while after One launch to "persuade" people to buy a One?
What the fuck if they do! Shouldn't be allowed to do that.
iMystikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 14:37   #79
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMystikz View Post

What the fuck if they do! Shouldn't be allowed to do that.
Probably in the terms and conditions - that no one reads lol - that they can suspend or terminate the service at any time.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 14:38   #80
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

i can see them closing the servers, but they have to give a reasonable amount of warning and time, by law.

I agree with Gab, not arsed what it looks like as it goes in the space under the TV, which is normally dark and doesnt get looked at.

But then again, not sure about the servers for original xbox, but the xbox one will be getting dedicated servers the same as PC's, so more players to destroy

Quote: