Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Newbies Forum...

Newbies Forum... This is a place for new members to pop in and say Hi... Don't be shy.

Old 6th November 2022, 20:00   #1
mikeouk

mikeouk is on a distinguished road
Default thought id better join

hello everyone , I realise this forum must have been buzzing in the day, but hopefully there's still a few members still active.

Im an "accidental" vtr owner.
Bought my son an unmolested 1998 series 1 vtr back in 2018, he used it a few months and then decided he was going to trade it in for a new fiesta, the dealer offered him £300, so rather than let it go, i bought it off him for the same amount , wasnt sure what i was going to do with it, so it sat on the drive for 18months, I eventually decided to get it to a local garage, they mot'd it and it failed on quite a bit, including rust. I thought the car was too nice to scrap, so told them to get the welding done and the other jobs to get a ticket on it, the car sat in their compound for over 2 years. I finally accepted it was never going to be fixed if I left it there, so picked it up with a trailer and took it took a guy with the desire to weld it. Its now nearly ready for mot, its had a new set of tyres, wheels refurbed, new brakes, cam belt, service ,and im looking forward to getting it insured and using it as a little run-around.
The other day While browsing the net I noticed a completely standard, 1 owner 2001 vtr with 32000miles going through a classic auction, I have a friend who lives near the auction, he went and looked round it, and reported it was immaculate, no rust underneath, so on impulse ive bought it.

So there my story, I now own 2 saxo vtr, im undecided what to do with the series 1 now, im inclined to keep it and run it as i intended and garage the 2001 and preserve it. Think its too good to use as a daily driver.
mikeouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2022, 21:04   #2
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Welcome.
Er... the forum is dead. But... it's the search function that it still exists for! Some of the posts on here are gold, for diagnostic work. Including posts from ChipWizards and John at GMC, who knew these inside out.

And a few of us, seem to regularly check-in.

Put some pictures up of the new car, I'm interested.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2022, 21:19   #3
mikeouk

mikeouk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_130 View Post
Welcome.
Er... the forum is dead. But... it's the search function that it still exists for! Some of the posts on here are gold, for diagnostic work. Including posts from ChipWizards and John at GMC, who knew these inside out.

And a few of us, seem to regularly check-in.

Put some pictures up of the new car, I'm interested.
Here you go, I’ve not seen it in the flesh yet.

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/clas...troen-saxo-vtr
mikeouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2022, 21:40   #4
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Nice. It looks clean. Be sure to give it a good going over when you get it.

I had a two tone as my first Saxo, albeit a VTS. I think I've still got the bodykit for one in my garage loft! They look super when lowered with VTS rims

Enjoy
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2022, 13:51   #5
henry-vtr
Infrequent Poster
Central Counties Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 2000 VTS
henry-vtr is on a distinguished road

Welcome - as it has been said the forum is very quite but is a treasure trove of information Enjoy the VTR! I saw it for sale a little while ago and was tempted as it looked so tidy!
henry-vtr is offline   Reply With Quote