Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 13th December 2022, 00:05   #1
hoodygoodwood

Car(s): 309 GTI Goodwood , Miami blue 309 GTI , white 309
hoodygoodwood is on a distinguished road
Default VTS thermostat housing

I will be stripping down the top end of my VTS for a decoke and refresh to stop some oil leaks , the engine is out of the car and mounted on a stand . I have removed the black plastic thermostat cover and found both the rubber seals are badly perished , the gasket set i have bought does include the seal that fits round the thermostat but not the 'O' ring that fits in the groove of the plastic cover . I think the 'O' ring is 1340.37 and will check with Citroen to see if its still available . The rectangular water block ( the one the thermostat fits into ) on the end of the cylinder head will need to come off next , does it have a gasket between it and the head - if so i do not have one in the gasket set . Would anyone know the part number please .
hoodygoodwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2022, 10:47   #2
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

The o-ring is pointless. I bought one, as I was scared. But sealant is good enough.
Again, sealant for the thermostat housing to head. I don't think that has a gasket, no.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sri_130 For This Useful Post:
Old 14th December 2022, 11:53   #3
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Housing to head is a very thin smear of sealant

Your thermostat housing outlet is plastic and garbage, buy a metal one. However, sealant on the flange works fine. The O ring on it does help though, it should be a snug fit.