Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 18th July 2017, 08:44   #41
smokeandpoke
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): '57 Vauxhall Vectra CDTI - Daily '02 Saxo VTS - Tu
smokeandpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsaxoman View Post
check voltage at TPS
should be around 0.5-0.65v
you will know if you are on correct wires as that voltage will rise as you open throttle
if it is too high the ICV will not operate correctly
From a quick Google it appears it would be the sensor behind and on the same line (as in the others are below) the throttle body?
And it's the voltage on the pins in measuring?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by smokeandpoke; 18th July 2017 at 19:25.
smokeandpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 15:05   #42
smokeandpoke
Regular Poster

Got my cream steels on..
Took it to a show, was meant for classics only,I managed to sneak in and it wasn't it of place! Got a fair amount of interest.
One guy even spotted that I'd done a JP4 conversion which I was chuffed with, he knew his stuff as he hill climbs AX's!

I could smell petrol in the oil as previously discussed either here or elsewhere...
Compression test returned 180psi across all cylinders, leak down test returned negligible amounts of leakage.
Safe to say it's a healthy engine?
I've put it down to being residual of when the old head was on - when we took it apart, the valve on cylinder 4 literally fell out after taking the retainer off with no pursuasion needed!!!
I've changed the oil, I'm gonna give it 100 miles and see where I'm at. If it still stinks then I'm not sure where to look next!

Picked up a 4-2-1 for PEANUTS, not sure what make it is, the lambda is down by the centre pipe flange if that narrows it down.
Hasn't made a difference really, bit more throaty and a tiny bit more bottom end, but the centre pipe is still the standard one as I need to change the connector (it's a push on, fuck knows why) and it wants a flange.

Underneath is rotten, bushes are next to do. Will paint wishbones and ARB just for shits and giggles and to make it a bit more presentable.
My front springs are red (or were, before they rusted) so I'm thinking they're not standard, but as they're rusted I take it there no good anyway.

Since being on the road, it has outrun:

2017 e220d
2010 civic type R (purely down to balls)
Datsun 240
Mk5 GTI
MK4 GTI (uphill!!!)

I also raced my mates '16 Focus ST and after not being able to leave me, he's decided he wants an RS instead
Pretty good going.

Hoping to get the centre pipe sorted this weekend, should be a bit more powerful and lots louder... The only box it has on it is a backbox, and I'm not sure if this will keep enough back pressure to see gains?
It's the same diameter as the standard piping, just without the car and silencer.
I've read somewhere simply a backbox is enough to create sufficient vacuum, but I'm sure someone will correct me!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by smokeandpoke; 18th August 2017 at 15:09.
Old 18th August 2017, 15:57   #43
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Looks nice mate impressive
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gti180craig For This Useful Post:
Old 18th August 2017, 18:31   #44
smokeandpoke
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti180craig View Post
Looks nice mate impressive
Four tone saxo FTW!!!
As you can see it hasn't been to paint yet! It'll never be a show car, that's not the purpose of the build.. as long as my back end looks pretty eh?

Last edited by smokeandpoke; 18th August 2017 at 22:03.
Old 19th August 2017, 00:05   #45
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeandpoke View Post

2017 e220d
2010 civic type R (purely down to balls)
Datsun 240
Mk5 GTI
MK4 GTI (uphill!!!)

I also raced my mates '16 Focus ST and after not being able to leave me, he's decided he wants an RS instead
Pretty good going.
I'm sorry but I call bullshit. Unless you are on track and others are "racing" I wouldn't even push my car to pass a saxo. I'm not risking me or my car over a shed of a Saxo.
Old 19th August 2017, 00:25   #46
smokeandpoke
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford126 View Post
I'm sorry but I call bullshit. Unless you are on track and others are "racing" I wouldn't even push my car to pass a saxo. I'm not risking me or my car over a shed of a Saxo.
Mainly a roads mate, there are a few good bits of road here! It's clearly far from track ready?! Eventually, yes.
If something comes tearing along and I give it a go and catch/pass it, fair play? Other people have toys and will play too, if you get the look from someone at the lights then it's on! That's kind of the point of having a quick shitbox, furthermore a saxo, to show up much more expensive, powerful cars and leave people wondering how they just got done by a SAXO. Do they not do just this?

It's all good fun chill out 🤣

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk