Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 10th April 2017, 23:58   #1
Robi

Robi is on a distinguished road
Default Front and rear suspension height

Hi guys,

I got on my 2001model VTS 16V front springs Apex 70-4000 1 VA162/02. Can some tell me how much is the front of the car lowered compared from standard springs?
Second question what should be the standard height of rear arches from the floor?
Third, do I gain something on handling if I lower rear suspension too? If yes how much would you recommend me to lower in order to get best steering performance considering the front springs I have on front suspension.

Thank you in advance for your answers
Robi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 17:29   #2
Robi

Robi is on a distinguished road

Is it that noone has answer for this in this forum group?
Robi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 20:21   #3
Somersetdub

Somersetdub is on a distinguished road

I used Apex 35mm springs on the front of my Vts and lowered the rear by 40mm from stock, by measuring difference in distance between the axle and the lip on the edge of the boot floor. As long as you have a starting measurement, just reduce it by the amount required.
Here's mine:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somersetdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2017, 22:02   #4
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somersetdub View Post
I used Apex 35mm springs on the front of my Vts and lowered the rear by 40mm from stock, by measuring difference in distance between the axle and the lip on the edge of the boot floor. As long as you have a starting measurement, just reduce it by the amount required.
Here's mine:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bloody hell that's a clean car
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote