Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 1st October 2021, 09:30   #1
Ceristimo

Car(s): 1998 Saxo 1.4
Ceristimo is on a distinguished road
Default Immobilizer barely works. How to unplug?

Hi guys (and girls),

First post here, but let's just dive in right away. I have a '98 1.4 Saxo that over the past week has developed a serious problem with the immobilizer. For as long as I've owned the car it would occasionally show a blinking orange key-light which was easily solved by taking out and putting the key in the ignition again, but this no longer works reliably.

As of this week I have to reseat the key tens of times before the light stops blinking. It's gonna me a (short) matter of time before my Saxo will refuse to start all together.

So, did some Googling, came across this post:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=409203

But, I can't find the immobilizer on my Saxo anywhere. I am in The Netherlands, so my steering wheel and fusebox are on the left side of the car. I've taken the panels off and looked all over, but can't find the black box. There's a thick wiring loom behind the fusebox and the stupid clutch pedal in the way of my head, so it's hard to finagle myself underneath the dash in that area.

I Googled some more and found people referring to the glove box side (but I don't know if that's on a UK car or not...), so I took a look underneath my glove box (right side of the car), but no black box there either.

This is a 1.4 with a Marelli ECU...Any ideas on how to disable the immobilizer on this, before I'm left totally stranded?
Ceristimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2021, 13:42   #2
Ceristimo

Car(s): 1998 Saxo 1.4
Ceristimo is on a distinguished road

Got this solved.

I found this post and the picture posted bij Chipwizard was incredibly helpful.
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=476233.

I located the box easily that way. Once I knew where it was I sat in the car and kept trying the ignition until I was finally able to have the ignition on without the light blinking.
Time to get to the box now.
The clutch pedal is in the way to reach it, so kneeling next to the car I pushed the clutch pedal in with my left hand, creating a bit of space to put my right hand up and into the dash. You have to do this all by feel, but it actually wasn't all that bad.

The little plastic box slid out easily enough towards the right side of the car, but then you still have a hard time prying the plug off, because the clutch en brake pedal are in the way.

I couldn't really figure out how the clip is supposed to hold the plug in place, and ended up (accidentally) breaking bits of plastic off. That was enough to finally undo the clip though and pull the plug out.

I don't think you can put this back together now, but I wasn't planning on ever doing that anyway.
I can start the Saxo now without the key light. It doesn't come on at all anymore. Yaay success.
Ceristimo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ceristimo For This Useful Post: