Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 20th May 2014, 23:03   #1
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road
Default Kettle Bells/Circuit Training

So I was speaking to an instructor in my gym today and he had noticed I've been on the treadmill a fair bit lately due to cutting seaz'.
He suggested trying out one of his classes in either Kettle Bells, or some mixed Circuit training (bikes, core workouts from what I can make out).

Just wondering if anyone's done any sessions like this before and had any results on top of just basic cardio as I've never tried either
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 08:05   #2
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Done some kettlebell workouts. Can be a fairly high intensity workout and that seems what his focus is on. Will vary your workouts.

Seems like one of the ever increasing crossfit mongs though.

Always lift heavy even if you vary it other days in the week.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 09:21   #3
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I've done a few bodypump classes, basically a bar, and weights.. Put on the weight your happy with.. Do squats, lunges, BB curls.. The poster says you average 600-800 calories in a 50 minute class, which isn't bad..

I've also done before, doing my normal gym routine in the morning, then in the afternoon, do insanity... Depends how dedicated you are to cut... I usually do 6 weeks of hardcore cutting before august, ready for a holiday..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 16:41   #4
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Done some kettlebell workouts. Can be a fairly high intensity workout and that seems what his focus is on. Will vary your workouts.

Seems like one of the ever increasing crossfit mongs though.

Always lift heavy even if you vary it other days in the week.
He's not one of those, but I know the type you're talking about haha
He was just saying to burn of extra calories etc after a weight class, I'm never dropping the heavy ass weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
I've done a few bodypump classes, basically a bar, and weights.. Put on the weight your happy with.. Do squats, lunges, BB curls.. The poster says you average 600-800 calories in a 50 minute class, which isn't bad..

I've also done before, doing my normal gym routine in the morning, then in the afternoon, do insanity... Depends how dedicated you are to cut... I usually do 6 weeks of hardcore cutting before august, ready for a holiday..
That's not bad for a 50 min class, sweating buckets I bet
I'm going on Holiday in September but I want to lean up and get the cutting going asap really.
Just need to wiggle my diet around again and shit like that, plus I might start swimming again soon, haven't been for a good year or so though so I'll probably drown...
Old 21st May 2014, 18:08   #5
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I also did a program once called 'Shortcut to Shred' if you want to google it.. Basically, you got to the gym, and instead of rest time between your weight sets, you do 60 seconds of cardio...

So basically..

12 reps DB press
60 sec jog on spot
12 reps DB press
60 secs step ups
12 reps DB press
60 secs star jumps

Or you can do 3 of the same cardio sort of thing, for each weight work out, if you get me.. so, weight jog weight jog weight jog weigh steps weight steps...

Worked pretty bloody well, but prepare to sweat!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 20:15   #6
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
I also did a program once called 'Shortcut to Shred' if you want to google it.. Basically, you got to the gym, and instead of rest time between your weight sets, you do 60 seconds of cardio...

So basically..

12 reps DB press
60 sec jog on spot
12 reps DB press
60 secs step ups
12 reps DB press
60 secs star jumps

Or you can do 3 of the same cardio sort of thing, for each weight work out, if you get me.. so, weight jog weight jog weight jog weigh steps weight steps...

Worked pretty bloody well, but prepare to sweat!
I've seen some guys do something similar to that in the gym, safe to say they're in decent shape too haha!

I tried out that circuit training class today, only it wasn't circuit training, it was spin class (eg high intensity cardio on the bikes). That was followed up by abs.
Safe to say I fucking pissed out sweat, but feel amazing right now! Never been so knackered in my life

Bikes lasted 45 mins and differed from slow paces sitting down on low gears, to high gears and going flat out standing up. Then 10 minutes on abs doing various crunches/situps/leg raises etc.
I'll be keeping that up for cutting, think I burnt off around 400 calories on the bikes.