Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 25th August 2015, 09:11   #1
VTR_Craig
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Mercedes C220, Scooby, Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 35 (100%)
VTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud of
Default Brake piping

I have changed all the brake piping on my track saxo for copper pipes.

I am running a single brake line to the rear with a bias valve in the middle. at the rear it splits at a T piece to each wheel.

I have a larger master cylinder and completely removed the abs system. I have changed the flexible pipes for braided.

On cadwell park a month or 2 ago I burst the nearside rear pipe where it comes out of the braided pipe.

I have re done this part again with new piping but less than a month later it has burst again in the same place. I don't feel that I have been braking heavily since I replaced the pipe as its only been used on the road.

What do people use instead of copper piping or can anybody notice an issue with my setup?

Thanks
VTR_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 08:33   #2
VTR_Craig
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

VTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud ofVTR_Craig has much to be proud of

Anyone??
Old 28th August 2015, 14:34   #3
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

flaring not quite right?
maybe try a different material of pipe like kunifer
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 15:08   #4
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Are you doing the right type of flare on the pipe?
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 11:30   #5
VTR_Craig
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
flaring not quite right?
maybe try a different material of pipe like kunifer
Thanks for the reply, I will look into that material

I have seen a few saxos with braided lines throughout so was thinking that could also be an option, but I guess it could get quite expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
Are you doing the right type of flare on the pipe?
I believe so. I didn't actually do it myself, one of my mechanics did it, hes been a mechanic for over 35 years so I don't think he would get it wrong twice.

I'm thinking that it could be a cheap copper pipe that may have been stretched when flared.

I was just concerned that there was a fault with my setup and it was building up too much pressure at the nearside rear
Old 8th September 2015, 11:40   #6
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

buy some different pipe from another manufacturer and try that. To be honest i've never had copper pipe fail continually unless the flare was too small or the copper old and brittle and even then its leaked straight away rather than fail dramatically.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 14:49   #7
VTR_Craig
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
buy some different pipe from another manufacturer and try that. To be honest i've never had copper pipe fail continually unless the flare was too small or the copper old and brittle and even then its leaked straight away rather than fail dramatically.
I have just ordered 25ft of kunifer nickel piping so I will get that fitted and see how it goes.
Old 10th September 2015, 10:22   #8
sexy_gt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): SUPERCHARGED saxo vts
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
sexy_gt is on a distinguished road

Copper in mine mate.
sexy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 07:59   #9
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

volvo have used copper on 240.s +740,s for 30 years+ and never a problem --so it must be a flare problem
or it is not secured correctly and vibrating and cracking it ?
breaking right at flare ?-- then you have your answer