Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 7th October 2019, 14:26   #1
dunne1145
L-plater

dunne1145 is on a distinguished road
Default C2 VTS alloy inlet manifold.

Hi <br><br>Just looking for some info on this manifold. I’m fitting a S/C on my race car and gave got one of these alloy manifold’s with Clio RS body and adaptor plate. It also came with Clio injectors. Problem is I have no fuel rail and I’m wondering will any fuel rail from the 1.6 16v C2 fit it? Or has anyone a part number for the correct rail. <br>I’m using a 3 port FPR so not having a return shouldn’t be an issue. <br>Thanks in advance! <br><br><br><br><br>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dunne1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 18:40   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Well, I mean, the inlet is from a 1.6 16V C2 so I'd assume a rail from one of those will fit it. I think those injectors will be the same height.

I'm sure there's a thread kicking about with injector lengths. Might have to find a clio forum or a spec sheet online for the injectors you've got supplied.
Old 7th October 2019, 19:43   #3
dunne1145
L-plater

Ya I was struggling to find a rail online anywhere. But I think I’m sorted now cheers. I did see a post somewhere about the injector length and pretty sure these will be ok. Cheers for reply. <br><br><br>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8th October 2019, 21:14   #4
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

VTS rail is different to the VTR/GT plastic manifold one, but I really wouldn't expect that a new on would be expensive.
Clio injectors are too short, and too low flow rate.
0280156063 injectors (only buy genuine) wouldn't be a bad place to start for up to 270bhp @ 3 bar fuel pressure.
If you want more power then 0280156012 from a Porsche 996tt/GT3 would be plenty big enough.
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 22:44   #5
dunne1145
L-plater

I have sourced a rail so that’s sorted cheers guys. I’m not 100% sure what Clio these injectors are off but when I get the rail I can test fit. If they don’t fit I’ll check out them part numbers, and thanks for them. <br>I’m not looking for big power. The cap on the class I’m racing in is 250 bhp per tonne. So I’ll need around 220 at the fly, should be handy enough got I’m sure once done correctly. <br>I’m currently stripping down for a rebuild, not going steel but balancing the crank and flywheel, all new bearings and seals will be fitted. I’m aiming for 50 bhp increase as the car is currently 170. <br><br><br><br>Thanks for help guys, if ye have any more information that be great. <br><br> <br><br><br>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk