Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 21st November 2006, 21:20   #1
Aimee_C
Established Member
Yorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): 1 - 2001 Saxo VTR 2 - Mini Cooper
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Aimee_C is just really niceAimee_C is just really niceAimee_C is just really niceAimee_C is just really niceAimee_C is just really nice
Question Garage..?

Just a suggestion...

as i am a member onhttp://www.corsasport.co.uk aswell as on here, i have noticed something that would be alot easier on here, but i dont know if it would work.

They have an owner gallery section - where you have whats called a "garage" that you upload your pictures into, into different sub heading for example on mine..http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/ga...&owner=Aimee+C i have different sub heading under my garage.

I thought that if we did this on here, it would make it easier for wanting to view other users pictures, and it would mean less repeated posts. Dont know what anyone else thinks, or if this would work, but just a thought i had.

Aimee_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 21:27   #2
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

this is a good idea, but think it could have been mentioned before and the answer was that there was already sites to host photos.
could be wrong though.
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 21:30   #3
Aimee_C
Established Member

Aimee_C is just really niceAimee_C is just really niceAimee_C is just really niceAimee_C is just really niceAimee_C is just really nice

That would be my fault - as i didnt look in previous posts to see if it had been posted before. But thats site abit of hassle really. I mean it doesnt bother me as i am reasonably good on computers. But if someone comes on here that isnt that clued up on it, might make their life a little easier. I dunno maybe i am just daft lol

Old 21st November 2006, 21:32   #4
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

no no its a good suggestion, at the end of the day any suggestion with some thought behind it is good as it could help to make the site better for everyone
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 21:35   #5
Aimee_C
Established Member

Yeah i guess so. Have to see what the mods think about it. My only theory behind it not being able to work - is because of the type's of sites corsasport and sax-p are running off. They are very different, or they appear it anyway lol. Have to wait and see....

Old 21st November 2006, 22:10   #6
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

The only slight problem I could see with this is that I reckon you would need to extend the database where everything is stored so doing this will mean more storage space and it could be too much.

I might be wrong and probably am, but that is my 2p's worth.

BUT it's a VERY good idea anyway.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 22:41   #7
Aimee_C
Established Member

Yeah i know - but there are hundreds of members on Corsasport so the way its slighly limited it down - is only Premium Members can use the garage feature. But memebers without could still post i suppose.

Old 21st November 2006, 22:43   #8
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Probably better if it was just Premium Members only as we don't have too many active ones as normal members.
Old 21st November 2006, 22:53   #9
Aimee_C
Established Member

Yeah - think thats why they did that on Corsasport. Keeps the numbers down on people that would be using that feature. We'll have to see what mod's think - we dont even know if its possible at the moment.

Old 22nd November 2006, 13:58   #10
DevilDamo
Saxperience Addict
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!

For a mo I thought you were talking about a "garage" as in a place where the member uploads their car details to the site and it lists their modifications plus the price they paid for it, etc... Many of those garage features come with forum boards and in my opinion, do look a little tacky. Look at Simo's "Members Cars" section and compare it to another sites "garage" and see which one looks more professional and more user-friendly to the site

But... you're talking about an actual members uploading area/space on the site. Premium Members do have the ability of attaching images to threads, etc... whereas normal members do not. Premium Members are giving a limit as to how much they can attach and so by having a garage/photo upload area would require a lot of space which will cost money. Remember that even though space is needed to upload the pics, the size is also dependable on the amount of hits/views/downloads that picture has.
DevilDamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2006, 16:22   #11
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

There are lots of exciting new developments being implemented into Saxperience v4 (which I know everyone is being really patient about). There are 3rd party 'garages' that you can get, but we are developing everything in-house. That way we can create it exactly as we want it rather than have to settle for someone elses design.

It has been a long time coming, but hopefully everyone will approve when v4 is launched. Keep the ideas flowing!

Don't worry about storage space, Saxperience has plenty of room to grow in the coming years.

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2006, 19:20   #12
Aimee_C
Established Member

Sorry if this was a wasted thought - just thought i'd share it. Have to wait for v4 to launch and see what the new stuff has in store for us.

Old 22nd November 2006, 19:37   #13
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

It's not a wasted thought, it's a good idea. There are a few technical issues, but the cars are what Saxperience is about in many respects.

If this was my day job and I was getting paid then it'd probably be done a lot faster. Anyone want to pay my wages for a month to get Saxperience done?

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2006, 20:01   #14
Aimee_C
Established Member

If i had the money myself - i would lol. *Jokes*

Everything takes time and nothing happens over night - so we just got to wait. Just an idea for if it is able to be done.

Steal the thought of corsasport but have it in our own way on Saxperience

Old 22nd November 2006, 20:03   #15
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

I'm looking forward to the launch of V4. Seems like a few good plans are in the pipeline, I just hope it isn't too long as I'm getting anxious.

I'll do the job aswell
Old 22nd November 2006, 20:06   #16
Aimee_C
Established Member

What else is in the pipeline - havent heard or seen anything??

Old 22nd November 2006, 20:15   #17
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

I doubt very much we will hear anything to be honest.
Old 22nd November 2006, 20:19   #18
Aimee_C
Established Member

Just me being nosey lol - i'll be patient and wait.