Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 15th January 2016, 13:34   #1
otrabrit

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.1L Forte 2000 (W Reg)
otrabrit is on a distinguished road
Default Replacing Interior Light in W Reg (2000) Saxo

Hi everyone; Happy New Year

I have a W reg (2000) Saxo 1124cc and need to replace the interior light bulb (the one that goes on and off when door opened and shut).

According to the handbook I just pry off the plastic casing to get to the bulb but before trying I just thought I'd ask if anyone knows the best technique to avoid the risk of cracking it.

Its an oblong and I wonder if its best to "attack" it from the shorter or longer sides.

Any info appreciated and will be acknowledged.

Cheers

Derek in Northampton UK
otrabrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 14:59   #2
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrabrit View Post
According to the handbook I just pry off the plastic casing to get to the bulb
That is correct, just gently pop it out from either side. Even if it does snap, you could pick up another for pennies at a scrapyard!!

If you really don't want to break it, you could buy a set of these, although it's a bit of an overkill they may come in handy in the future!
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jizanthapus For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd January 2016, 14:03   #3
otrabrit

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.1L Forte 2000 (W Reg)
otrabrit is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that info Jizanthapus and it was easy to remove the entire unit.

However, despite definitely having bought the correct replacement bulb from Halfords, it won't work. Have tried turning the bulb 180 degrees as I read somewhere that this will often do the trick but no luck.

The manual says that the fuse that applies to the interior light also covers a few other functions such as cigarette lighter and as all of those are working I presume its not the fuse.

The two wire connector that comes down from behind the cover seems in excellent condition though of course I cannot see beyond the limited opening.

The only thing I can think of is that the electrical contacts are visibly rusty, so perhaps I need to buy a complete unit ?

Anyone have any other ideas ?

Thanks

Derek
otrabrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 14:54   #4
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Don't take the manual as gospel,sometimes there is a governor fuse(controls a series of fuses)Work through the small ampage fuses on the interior fuse box.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevo67 For This Useful Post:
Old 28th January 2016, 22:04   #5
metromartin

metromartin is on a distinguished road

try cleaning up the door pin switches. it might not be the bulb
metromartin is offline   Reply With Quote