Mobile Devices: Lite Theme CitroŽn: CitroŽn Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience


Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2012, 15:27   #21
joeybop
Regular Poster
 
joeybop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: darlington
Posts: 251
Car(s): saxo vtr
joeybop is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricane View Post
ive got rear beam for sale if you get stuff no play no wobble no chamber

How much??
__________________


Joeybops Silver vtr thread http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=421127
joeybop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 16:03   #22
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member
 
blackie_2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Birtley
Posts: 22,253
Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road
Default

lots of ppl buy the 1.1 drum axles and swap the trailing arms etc onto them up here

rumour has it the bushes that were fitted to the drum beams were stronger..dont know how true it is but never heard of a second hand hybrid beam failing after doing it yet
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
EDIT: i give up on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 17:27   #23
huricane
Established Member
South Wales Region Member
 
huricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: cardiff
Posts: 1,414
Car(s): saxo Vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
huricane is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybop View Post
How much??
£80......
huricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2023, 13:52   #24
scatt
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Belgium
Posts: 3
Car(s): 1.4 vts 1.6 vts 8v 1.6 vts 16v T
scatt is on a distinguished road
Default

I once replaced a drum brake rear axle, which is possible without disconnecting the brake lines (first remove the drums, the brakes and anchor plates), can this be done on a rear axle with discs too ?
scatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2023, 01:31   #25
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member
 
MartinObviously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 3,637
Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatt View Post
I once replaced a drum brake rear axle, which is possible without disconnecting the brake lines (first remove the drums, the brakes and anchor plates), can this be done on a rear axle with discs too ?
Not on a Saxo/106 you didn't, the brake lines wrap around the main axle tube.

For the same reason, you can't do this with a disc axle either.

You end up bending the solid lines.

You can do it without bending lines on just about every other Peugeot though.
__________________
The rain kept a trollin'
MartinObviously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2023, 07:50   #26
nuttysaxo
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kent
Posts: 1,167
Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
nuttysaxo is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm replacing my axle in the next few weeks . Noticed this thread is years old ! .
Ok I am after the correct bolts to secure the axle to the underside of the car . My car is a early 00 model . I have read that saxos use m10 or m12 bolts ? Also noticed that the thread is not full length from a seller of ebay used set for sale . If anyone has a link to new bolts that would be fantastic
Cheers
nuttysaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2023, 23:39   #27
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member
 
MartinObviously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 3,637
Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttysaxo View Post
I'm replacing my axle in the next few weeks . Noticed this thread is years old ! .
Ok I am after the correct bolts to secure the axle to the underside of the car . My car is a early 00 model . I have read that saxos use m10 or m12 bolts ? Also noticed that the thread is not full length from a seller of ebay used set for sale . If anyone has a link to new bolts that would be fantastic
Cheers
They're all M12 bolts. Doesn't matter if they're threaded all the way or not, just make sure you get bolts which are strong. minimum 8.8 grade.

you might still be able to buy the bolts from the dealer, failing that, servicebox will list the thread pitch, size and length.



S1 106's up to 1996 are M10. Don't think M10 was ever used on a saxo, unless maybe 3 stud models had it.
__________________
The rain kept a trollin'
MartinObviously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2023, 15:58   #28
nuttysaxo
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kent
Posts: 1,167
Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
nuttysaxo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
They're all M12 bolts. Doesn't matter if they're threaded all the way or not, just make sure you get bolts which are strong. minimum 8.8 grade.

you might still be able to buy the bolts from the dealer, failing that, servicebox will list the thread pitch, size and length.



S1 106's up to 1996 are M10. Don't think M10 was ever used on a saxo, unless maybe 3 stud models had it.
Cheers for that I was looking at the guy who rebuilds axles name stef think he's from Dorset area he did have some awhile back but unfortunately not now . I will look at that setvicebox is it a website ? . Next thing to worry is that stupid ulez expansion crap if that ain't a money grab I don't know what is ! Any way long live the saxo lol 😂
nuttysaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2023, 21:14   #29
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member
 
MartinObviously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 3,637
Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttysaxo View Post
Cheers for that I was looking at the guy who rebuilds axles name stef think he's from Dorset area he did have some awhile back but unfortunately not now . I will look at that setvicebox is it a website ? . Next thing to worry is that stupid ulez expansion crap if that ain't a money grab I don't know what is ! Any way long live the saxo lol 😂
oh err yeah umm think I have a pirated copy on a very old machine. I will see if it still works. servicebox is the dealer software. you might be able to phone them up or if you can visit a dealer pointing at diagrams is the easiest way. some of these parts guys aren't very good with older cars.

I keep a classic car for the emission zones hahaha! It's a 2 stroke as well. absolute money grab as you say. You can't pay emissions to go away.
__________________
The rain kept a trollin'
MartinObviously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2023, 14:49   #30
nuttysaxo
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kent
Posts: 1,167
Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
nuttysaxo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
oh err yeah umm think I have a pirated copy on a very old machine. I will see if it still works. servicebox is the dealer software. you might be able to phone them up or if you can visit a dealer pointing at diagrams is the easiest way. some of these parts guys aren't very good with older cars.

I keep a classic car for the emission zones hahaha! It's a 2 stroke as well. absolute money grab as you say. You can't pay emissions to go away.
Hi cheers for that I saw which I think is the correct style pinch bolts ? It's just finding the correct length where the thread ends I assume that's to get it correct without crushing down in the bush .. if you do find out that would be awesome .. I saw what they are doing to Scotland too infact the whole of the UK they make me puke I would not piss on them if they were on fire
nuttysaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34.