Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2009, 13:47   #1
SamClio16v

SamClio16v is on a distinguished road
Default Locked 'For Sale' section?

Hi guys,

I was just browsing through the site as Im thinking of buying a vts over the summer and wanted to get an idea of whats around/prices etc.

But the 'Cars for sale' section seems to be locked, even for viewing? It says I have to post 100 times to be able to view, obviously for someone like me who doesn't own a saxo yet thats going to be a bit tricky!

Maybe it would be an idea to allow users to at least view the section? After all surely that would encourage sales for your members?

Saying that Im sure this has been bought up many times before so feel free to shoot me down if there's a obvious explanation that im missing!
Cheers

-Sam
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:51   #2
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

If you can view then you can see the owner who is selling. That way you can scam the member and stitch them up.

Comes up quite a bit this mate.
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:52   #3
Ben
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ecoboost
iTrader Score: 22 (100%)
Ben is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team member

This topic has been brought up loads of times matey. Forum rules state you must be a member for a full month and have 100 posts. Basically its to stop con men onto the site and ripping off the members as most won't waste their time getting to 100 posts. Just bare it out mate. Get some posts up in the your saxo pictures/videos and general chat sections But no spamming.
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:01   #4
SamClio16v

SamClio16v is on a distinguished road

I understand that, but surely people who have their cars for sale will be advertising on autotrader/pistonheads etc and are inevitably going to face scammers somewhere? Just a fact of life when it comes to selling a car surely...

Saying that can't someone just give me access? Im not a scammer I promise
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:06   #5
IM_axles
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
IM_axles is on a distinguished road

I agree you should be able to view the for sale section but prevented from selling items.

As long as the seller recives the money before sending out the item (which most poeple with commen sense would do) i dont see a problem.
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:16   #6
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Car(s): MK2 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
ricksimmonds can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamClio16v View Post
I understand that, but surely people who have their cars for sale will be advertising on autotrader/pistonheads etc and are inevitably going to face scammers somewhere? Just a fact of life when it comes to selling a car surely...

Saying that can't someone just give me access? Im not a scammer I promise
is a good point tbh, rules are rules though mate
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:17   #7
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

I dont agree.

To many people dont have the common sense mentioned above and the steps were taken to try to minimise the threat.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Closed Thread