Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 18th July 2011, 22:08   #61
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
You can get Macs and Windows based computers that use exactly the same CPU's from Intel, thats why you can install Windows on the Intel based Macs because they use the same hardware.

Also forgot to consider than on Windows you can overclock the CPU to increase the clock speed which you can't do on a Mac so actually if you run two identical systems, one Mac OSX and the other Windows the Windows machine will have more processing power and would also be cheaper.
I think you can oc the mac (since as you say it's the same hardware) I've not done it but one of the nerds in the office has apparently. But because of all that white packaging there's bog all space for decent cooling so higher OC's can be attained in the pc rather than the mac. I've Oc'd mine to 4.6 GHz now... going to push for 4.8GHz once I've established the cooler can take it
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 02:37   #62
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
I doubt that.

Windows is a software company for starters, they don't manufacture computers. Then I'm not sure if Ryyy's laptop compares with my dual 6 core when it comes to using Reason 5. Then when I open Reason 5, it's always rewired into Logic pro, while I usually also have a bunch of other audio/video software running at the same time. All in studio quality high definition sound (24bit/96 khz). Then I've not seen a PC, windows based running on nehalem technology.
Manc seriously mate your being very narrow minded Nehalem is a name of a processor from the intel i7 microarchitecture, a pc can run an i7 processor.

Can't say i've heard of a Nehalem processor in 6 dual core form, thought it was a quad core processor. Do you mean the westmere.

Lol worthy @ the Reason 5 comment, i downloaded it for a mate and put it on his 7 year old Advent laptop and it managed to run it.

My Asus Mobo has high definition sound built in, i've not used it don't need to, i also have a creative sound blaster Fatal1ty thats 192 kHz - 24-bit so actually better than yours.

Windows and Mac don't make the components, their the same in that aspect however Mac design there own and wack on a bill.
Old 19th July 2011, 08:56   #63
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Also forgot to consider than on Windows you can overclock the CPU to increase the clock speed which you can't do on a Mac so actually if you run two identical systems, one Mac OSX and the other Windows the Windows machine will have more processing power and would also be cheaper.
and you forgot to do a little bit of research before typing this nonsense.

Quote:
Can't say i've heard of a Nehalem processor in 6 dual core form, thought it was a quad core processor. Do you mean the westmere.
Native six-core Gulftown and ten-core Westmere-EX processors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
I've got an X-fi... it can do 24 bit 192 kHz
you. Door, now

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker556 View Post
Lol worthy @ the Reason 5 comment, i downloaded it for a mate and put it on his 7 year old Advent laptop and it managed to run it.
I doubt you read what I said before at all. I believe you're skimming through, and cutting corners for the sake of having an argument. If you're saying a 7 year old laptop can actually run Reason 5, then I'm saying you're full of shit. It will probably start, but beyond that you will get the "unsufficient CPU" window. Get out, you and your petty comments.

Last edited by Manu; 19th July 2011 at 09:02.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 09:52   #64
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

Macs are faster for the simple reason of the operating system it uses the systems ram and processor more efficientley windows are very sluggy while running many programmes. I garuntee you any pc while running pro tools will fail at least once. and macs arnt just a niche market for music, why do you think businesses use them for the applications made for them they are very efficent and work far better than any pc programmes. web designers use them graphics designers, and your every day joe bloggs, yes they are expensive but if you can afford them im sorry i think it was bound who said your computer will dick on any mac. No chance it just wont. and with regards to hacking its not that people dont write code for macs its because they cant, its based on an old linux code which cannot get a virus, there has still to this day been no major virus trojan on a mac. FACT!
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 14:45   #65
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Download 3Dmark06 (if you can even get it for mac *snigger*), install it, run it, post the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankay View Post
and with regards to hacking its not that people dont write code for macs its because they cant, its based on an old linux code which cannot get a virus, there has still to this day been no major virus trojan on a mac. FACT!
That's not a fact, that's just wrong. That's like saying if you use firefox instead of IE you won't get a virus because most viruses are written for IE. However viruses do exist for macs, it wouldn't be beyond belief that this assertion is due to over confidence in apples pitiful OS market share to avoid worthwhile interest from such writers.

Last edited by Bound; 19th July 2011 at 15:05.
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 16:40   #66
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
and with regards to hacking its not that people dont write code for macs its because they cant, its based on an old linux code which cannot get a virus, there has still to this day been no major virus trojan on a mac. FACT!
Really?

Thats strange because this OSX Anti-Virus company has a list of 116 threats including Trojans.

Clicky Clicky

And after a bit of digging through Apples very unspecific system requirements, the latest version of OSX requires a 1.6 Ghz processor to run. Windows 7 only requires 1Ghz. So a Windows system actually uses less processing power than a Mac to run.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 18:18   #67
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Really?

Thats strange because this OSX Anti-Virus company has a list of 116 threats including Trojans.

Clicky Clicky

And after a bit of digging through Apples very unspecific system requirements, the latest version of OSX requires a 1.6 Ghz processor to run. Windows 7 only requires 1Ghz. So a Windows system actually uses less processing power than a Mac to run.
LOL iantivirus is shite! free software its junk i wouldnt belive any of that. And it is fact its plain and simple there has not been any one virus that can access peoples data and remotley control it and look through everything unlike viruses can on a pc end of.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:21   #68
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound View Post
Download 3Dmark06 (if you can even get it for mac *snigger*), install it, run it, post the results.

That's not a fact, that's just wrong. That's like saying if you use firefox instead of IE you won't get a virus because most viruses are written for IE. However viruses do exist for macs, it wouldn't be beyond belief that this assertion is due to over confidence in apples pitiful OS market share to avoid worthwhile interest from such writers.
LOL again 3dmark is a pc derived programme soley made for pc so why an earth would i want to download it silly boy
Old 19th July 2011, 18:42   #69
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
LOL iantivirus is shite! free software its junk i wouldnt belive any of that. And it is fact its plain and simple there has not been any one virus that can access peoples data and remotley control it and look through everything unlike viruses can on a pc end of.
You mean like Spyware:OSX/OpinionSpy which scans all accessible files and can send data to a remote server ?

Not sure how you can call free software junk. Many programs available online are free. iTunes is free, VLC media player is Free, Steam is free and most people use a free version of Anti-Virus. Stating that software is shit because its free is just stupid.

Also found another list of threats for OSX. Clicky
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 19:27   #70
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
LOL again 3dmark is a pc derived programme soley made for pc so why an earth would i want to download it silly boy
Because it would benchmark your mac with performance figures so we could test your amazing macs hardware .
Old 19th July 2011, 19:53   #71
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
You mean like Spyware:OSX/OpinionSpy which scans all accessible files and can send data to a remote server ?

Not sure how you can call free software junk. Many programs available online are free. iTunes is free, VLC media player is Free, Steam is free and most people use a free version of Anti-Virus. Stating that software is shit because its free is just stupid.

Also found another list of threats for OSX. Clicky
VLC is free yes and its very good granted but that anti virus programme isnt worth having. No offence to you but thats the worst ever website its a complete scam asking you to phone up etc, none of it is plausable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound View Post
Because it would benchmark your mac with performance figures so we could test your amazing macs hardware .
I know how good my hardware is? amazing graphics thanks and what about good old plain sturdyness? want me to drop your plastic pc downstairs? ive dropped my mac all the way down my stairs and literally only have a small dink. Im just making my case btw not arguing with anyone
Old 19th July 2011, 20:31   #72
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore

Typical mac owner - good test though LOL. "My computer can fall down the stairs better than your computer".. I just don't drop my PC down the stairs.

If you can't figure out a method for benchmarking your hardware I'll assume you're talking shit about the performance . Because otherwise - how can you know. You can't, you need the figures to back it up.

Last edited by Bound; 19th July 2011 at 20:36.
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bound For This Useful Post:
Old 19th July 2011, 20:41   #73
Frankay
Established Member

Firstly i said about dropping it down the stairs to show how much better its design is another key aspect. Figures mean shit. same with cars, 0-60 etc. Its all about real world tests. I can GARUNTEE YOU i could run more programmes than your pc and ANY macbook pro will not slow at all. its just plan facts. figures mean shite. Go in to a mac store go to one of the huge 27 inch display's they have, and load every application on there including logic pro as these systems have pretty much all software on them. I bet you it will not slow down.
Old 19th July 2011, 21:41   #74
Jackman
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): iTB 205 Rallye, 205 STDT.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!

I bought my Mac cos it looks cool !

Performance means shit to me!