Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 16th June 2008, 23:07   #41
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

sooner the better mate, as me and my mate are definate. Had a bit of interest for hte 8v cam on here as well like.

Total steal at 157 delivered though!

Will get the brakes packed up this weekend though as I will be free from finance admin then
Old 16th June 2008, 23:12   #42
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

you pure slag good job though

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 20:51   #43
Badgersport
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 xsi 16v, Fiesta Tdci
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Tiny update.

After patching the vts up the past few days i decided i needed to get my stripping fix again (ohhh arr)

Now have no wires at all going to either door. Also removed central locking motors from doors and boot.

How the car is currently still sat. Trying to lower the torsion bars but they are seized solid. Need to wait for my old man to get back off his holiday so he can lead me to a bigger hammer!!!!!

Ste
Old 16th August 2008, 17:07   #44
Badgersport
Established Member

Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Slight update:

Well the car has been up on axle stands since the start of June, after having difficulties removing the torsion bars due to being seized solid it was decided i would take the whole beam off and take it to work to get the ol' "gas axe" on it. even after heating up and cooling several times they weren't budging! After a few days i tried again and i wasn't going to be defeated this time round and got both bars out.

Whilst the beam was off i decided to chop the old corroded brake lines and flare some new ones.

I have got the beam back on the car now after much hassle with fitting it on my own. Just waiting to put the shocks back on and get it back on its wheels finally!!!

Talking of wheels i picked up my set of S1 Rallye steelies earlier today with centre caps:

No caps

Caps

Trial fitted one against the car, then gave them all a good clean:

Hopefully have more updates soon.

Ste
Old 16th August 2008, 17:25   #45
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

cool,,
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 17:39   #46
landanimal
Frequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr, mk3 fiesta 1.1 - 2.0 zetec project
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
landanimal has a spectacular aura aboutlandanimal has a spectacular aura about

this will be a good progress thread i think keep updating mate will be good.
landanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 18:09   #47
Tim_W
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MK1 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!
Thumbs up

Nice one mate, awsome project The wheels look excellent How did i guess you would allready have them on the car I bet it was the first thing you did when you got back
The more i speak to you about this the more i seriously consider starting one myself. I recon if i had the space right now i would deffinatley go for it mate. Infact my mom is really keen on the idea because she knows i will have to shift our old shed to make space
I am deffinatley going to have to get my finger out and pop over to have a look at it. In the meantime keep up the good work, i am looking forward to seeing it on the road...

Tim
Old 16th August 2008, 18:21   #48
curry

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Open Scandal 1.0i
curry is on a distinguished road

wow, that's looking very nice. I'll keep checking back for updates. Good luck!
curry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 18:23   #49
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

looks pretty nice!

i need to get my looms stripped down like that
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 23:37   #50
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
cool,,
Cheers Bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landanimal View Post
this will be a good progress thread i think keep updating mate will be good.
Thanks mate. Hopefully have some more updates this week if/when i get it back on the deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_W View Post
Nice one mate, awsome project The wheels look excellent How did i guess you would allready have them on the car I bet it was the first thing you did when you got back
The more i speak to you about this the more i seriously consider starting one myself. I recon if i had the space right now i would deffinatley go for it mate. Infact my mom is really keen on the idea because she knows i will have to shift our old shed to make space
I am deffinatley going to have to get my finger out and pop over to have a look at it. In the meantime keep up the good work, i am looking forward to seeing it on the road...

Tim
Cheers Tim. Haha yea straight out the car and offered up on the xsi to see what they look like.

I think you should get a project to work on. You know it makes good sense especially if your mom doesn't mind the idea.

Pop round my house when you get a free half hour. Have a gander whats going on. Give you some ideas for your project

Ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by curry View Post
wow, that's looking very nice. I'll keep checking back for updates. Good luck!
Cheers Curry. Hopefully update the thread soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-VTS View Post
looks pretty nice!

i need to get my looms stripped down like that
Damn straight Alex, rip them all out. You keeping the dash or removing? I opted to keep the dash to house the wires.

Ste
Old 16th August 2008, 23:49   #51
lavo-vts
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk1 vts (ETW Mercury Grey)
lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!lavo-vts is a great team player!

proper job
MY FACEBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by auds View Post
I dont know how to do a sig (noob) LOL
lavo-vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 19:48   #52
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavo-vts View Post
proper job
Thanks Lavo! hopefully heading in the right direction
Old 17th August 2008, 20:02   #53
Badgersport
Established Member

Well after buying the steelies yesterday i was in the mood for some xsi time. After sitting at the gfs house looking out and seeing the dry and sunny weather i had to dash home and make the most of it.

I proceded to fit the shocks, connect the brake lines up, put the handbrake cables back on and wack the exhaust back up. Tbh i couldn't be bothered to bleed the brakes so got the wheels back on and dropped the car back on the ground. I then thought i would try my luck at starting the car for the first time since June and it started straight up. Buzzing!

Heres the pics back on the deck:

Ste
Old 17th August 2008, 20:44   #54
LEE_VTR1
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): RB RS 200
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
LEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team memberLEE_VTR1 is a well respected team member

looking real good ste youve turned this around pretty well mate
Old 17th August 2008, 20:46   #55
Liam-westcoast
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 106 quicksilver
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Liam-westcoast has a spectacular aura aboutLiam-westcoast has a spectacular aura about

thats looking really nice and it is coming along really good
Liam-westcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 21:01   #56
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vts_swedge View Post
Damn straight Alex, rip them all out. You keeping the dash or removing? I opted to keep the dash to house the wires.
ive done a few bits out of mine so far
had no central locking anyway
manual windows
manual mirrors
no sterio anymore (so need to do those wires)
but itll get there
im keeping a dash (sort of)
i have a pug 106 dash
with plenty missing some carbon and some mesh (instead of heater vents)
should be quite good hopefully

hopefully ill see you at a trackday at somepont next year lol

looks good down on the wheels
get the steelies on there and your laughing!
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 22:04   #57
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE_VTR1 View Post
looking real good ste youve turned this around pretty well mate
Cheers Lee. Its getting there slowly. Now the cars back on the deck i can get the niggly bits sorted out (Also stops my parents moaning at me) i have a massive list of things to do............but tbh........i haven't seen the list in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam-westcoast View Post
thats looking really nice and it is coming along really good
Thanks Liam. So glad its back on the floor. Was starting to bug me walking past it everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-VTS View Post
ive done a few bits out of mine so far
had no central locking anyway
manual windows
manual mirrors
no sterio anymore (so need to do those wires)
but itll get there
im keeping a dash (sort of)
i have a pug 106 dash
with plenty missing some carbon and some mesh (instead of heater vents)
should be quite good hopefully

hopefully ill see you at a trackday at somepont next year lol

looks good down on the wheels
get the steelies on there and your laughing!
Sounds like your going proper hardcore!! I need to get hold of some manual mirrors and windows as i intend to use the car on the road too so will be sweltering my nads in the summer with no windows or sunroof. And likewise keeping the heaters for winter use. Still more stuff i could remove but thats where the grinder comes out to play.

Yea will definatly be at a few trackdays next yr. Should be a good laugh.

Will take my wheels into work this week and swap the tyres over that i nabbed from work last week. As the tyres currently on the steelies are chuffed.

Ste
Old 18th August 2008, 20:04   #58
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

looks crap steven.

Now go get the vts timing belt done or I'll send round the boys in the ute and the bull dog!

Holla!
Old 18th August 2008, 21:41   #59
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Notorious_C_A_T View Post
looks crap steven.

Now go get the vts timing belt done or I'll send round the boys in the ute and the bull dog!

Holla!
You complete spamming son of a gun! The vts timing belt kit will be ordered this week. All in good time sir!

Ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprice_17 View Post
great progress, im very jelous, i want one!

are you keeping the standard xsi engine in it then? what sort of 0 -60 times will you be looking at,
Thanks tprice. Its nothing special really. Looks a bit rough round the edges but hey ho.

Think i will be keeping the xsi engine for now. Standard they make 95bhp but this engines done 136,000 miles so is probably a bit tired by now. I will most likely rebuild the engine soon. Haven't really thought about 0-60 times. if i take 0.5 seconds off standard i will be happy tbh.

Ste
Old 19th August 2008, 16:42   #60
edwardsvtr
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Audi A3 1.8T sport, stage 1 remap, coilovers, arb'
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
edwardsvtr is just really niceedwardsvtr is just really niceedwardsvtr is just really niceedwardsvtr is just really nice

thats looking pretty cool, wish i had the time for a little project, do you not plan for any performance mods?
edwardsvtr is offline   Reply With Quote