Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 22nd February 2012, 14:55   #1
BenM508
Regular Poster
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo Desire 1.1
BenM508 is on a distinguished road
Default Front brake resistance

Just checked all my brakes as I'm sure I have one binding somewhere, the rear brakes had no resistance at all, the front brakes had what felt to me like quite a lot of resistance, they don't spin as freely as the rear wheels, so just wondering if they are supposed to have any resistance?

Thanks
Ben

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
BenM508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:32   #2
DanTvts
Established Member

Car(s): Mauritius Vts, 206 Gti 180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
DanTvts is on a distinguished road

Well there will be resistance there of some sort as they are the driving wheels, and are connected to driveshafts, and in turn the gearbox, but you should be able to tell if a brake is binding badly.
DanTvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:48   #3
BenM508
Regular Poster
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo Desire 1.1
BenM508 is on a distinguished road

To me I could hear the brake disc as if the pad was touching it, but going to get my tracking checked tomorrow, if having that done doesn't solve it I'll look into it further, its just my car dives on the left side when you brake at low speed and I cant think whats wrong, the springs on the front look fine
BenM508 is offline   Reply With Quote