Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 12th November 2019, 23:13   #1
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road
Default Baker BM top mount

Hi folks,

Fitted a Baker BM group N top mount I had picked up. Had the buffers too but not metal insert. After fitting I was shocked at the excessive vibrations, much worse than I had read others saying (in their opinion) that they were.

Took the buffers out and tbh it is just as bad. Massive increase in vibrations. It is alot stiffer mind you, but I can't believe it should be as bad as this...

Anyway, presumably that's just the way it is, so thinking I'll go back to standard (only really fitted this one just now because the bolt snapped in the standard one). However, looking at it it looks to me like the rubber part of the top mount may basically be a gearbox mount? So, I wondered if that is the case, maybe I could just fit a standard gearbox mount to the rest of the BM top mount, presumably that would be softer rubber, but would still allow me to use the BM mount which of course gives me the 12mm bolt over the 10mm bolt of the standard part.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Craig
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 19:43   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

If it was me i'd go back to the original mount,but change the bolt to something stronger.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 23:47   #3
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Thanks, yes I think I will. I'll use a 12.9 bolt this time. The gearchange is superb with this mount and the powerflex lower one, hopefully a decent amount of that is coming from the bottom mount....
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote