Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 23rd April 2009, 23:23   #1
SunderZ
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Vts turbo, 1.1 dsire, Pug 207.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
SunderZ has a spectacular aura aboutSunderZ has a spectacular aura aboutSunderZ has a spectacular aura about
Default wedding FAQ's

yo guys,
need some help my mate has asked me to be a the photographer at his wedding in october now i never really done owt like this befor but he has confidence in my shots i said sure..

not what you guys recomend for equipment i have a Nikon D80 with 18-135mm standard lense, gonna rob my dad's flash unit and probs a few lenses of hi (not sure what they are off teh top of my head) but any lenses you would recomend?? and hints tips etc

regards

chris
SunderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:41   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

if hes paying you at all, public liability insurance.

Id not shoot a wedding without imo, mate or no mate just incase you fuck it up and they get mega arsy over it.
Old 24th April 2009, 01:10   #3
SunderZ
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

SunderZ has a spectacular aura aboutSunderZ has a spectacular aura aboutSunderZ has a spectacular aura about

na he aint paying me and just wants couply shots outside and what not. but pointers like this are perfect just to bare things in mind thanks

regards

chris
Old 24th April 2009, 01:24   #4
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

run like the clappers. lost count of the number of weddings I turned down now.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 01:32   #5
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
run like the clappers. lost count of the number of weddings I turned down now.
haha lol. ive gotta do one for my step sister later in the year and i cant really turn that down

if you havent used yours dads flash before buddy play around with it before the big, last thing you want to do it is bleach everyone out the pics with a too powerfull flash setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 01:38   #6
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

good luck man... honestly I visualise myself the night before just shitting my pants, checking my gear endlessly, then on the day just crapping myself some more. basically a weekend of crapping myself... couldn't do it.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 02:00   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
good luck man... honestly I visualise myself the night before just shitting my pants, checking my gear endlessly, then on the day just crapping myself some more. basically a weekend of crapping myself... couldn't do it.
Bang goes the idea of asking if you wanted to do some weddings with me then lol!

Ive seen some utterly shit wedding photos being sold for big £££ recently and its made me cry
Old 24th April 2009, 02:04   #8
SunderZ
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

well i been playing with my house mates flash recently befor this wedding thing and yeah i think i will be haveing a few practise sessions with it firstly. would my standard 18-135 mm lense do or is some thing wider and a tad more zoom recomended??

regards

chris
Old 24th April 2009, 02:09   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunderZ View Post
well i been playing with my house mates flash recently befor this wedding thing and yeah i think i will be haveing a few practise sessions with it firstly. would my standard 18-135 mm lense do or is some thing wider and a tad more zoom recomended??

regards

chris
you will want to be using more than 1 lens at a wedding thats for sure.

IMO from stuff ive looked at/researched.

Macro - for rings/shoes/intricate details pre wedding
Wide angle for the group shot out of the church
various lenses (which NEED to be fast inside a dark church) etc.... for many different long range shots down the middle of the walkway, the couple up close, different angles, them signing the book etc etc...

Plus a bit tip which towles in the bag/car, means if the grass is muddy/dirty, she can sit on them and not ruin her dress and shoes, but also means they wont stand out in the shot if positioned correctly.

Heck lots more ive thought about and missed lol

Last edited by Ryan; 24th April 2009 at 02:16.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 18:39   #10
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

might be worth while if ya can going to the Church and get a few practice shots so u know where to position people on the day, so your head dont go blank.
Old 25th April 2009, 19:43   #11
SunderZ
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

yeah that would be a good idea well im hopeing deopening on arrangents gettgin a htel local as it's over in liverpool way (im from leeds) so could pop over the day befor

thanks for all the pointers really usefull

regards

chris
Old 25th April 2009, 20:02   #12
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

id pop over more than a day before if you intend on doing so, at least then if you need to order any gear you have more than 12hours to get it
Old 25th April 2009, 21:33   #13
SunderZ
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

true good point well it aint for a while so that could be possible thanks never really thought that haha

regrads

chris