Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 27th April 2009, 11:39   #1
Raz
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!
Default What Camera to get?

Hi All,

Starting to read up on photography more now, and rather interested in getting myself a decent camera and what not and getting some decent shots for a change instead of the k850i 5 meg-pixel camera.

Can you reccomend me a camera to buy? I'm looking for a decent one, doesnt matter about price as ideally I would like to get the best for someone starting out. I've read about a 400d (?) or a 450d (again - ?).

Can you post links to websites where I can buy the reccomended cameras from aswell

Thanks

My Progress Thread
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 11:49   #2
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

The Main Suppliers can be found here mate

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

both are good cameras, the 450 has a significant number of extra features compared to the 400... but both are top banana at the end of the day.

ads
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 11:51   #3
Raz
Saxperience Post Whore

Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!Raz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
The Main Suppliers can be found here mate

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

both are good cameras, the 450 has a significant number of extra features compared to the 400... but both are top banana at the end of the day.

ads
Cheers Ads was hoping you would post...seen your work on some peoples cars etc...top stuff man.

So say I got a 450d...would I need to buy anything on top? Any extra products needed? Lens etc?

My Progress Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 11:59   #4
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Cheers dude! Hassled a guy in a Ferrari at Kwikfit for a photoshoot, when I took my car there for a diagnostics, i don't think he understood what I meant but told me 'no ta mate'. Lenses are the MOSTTTTT IMPORTANT thing buy far... if buying the camera itself makes your wallet cry prepare yourself for the lenses... I can't iterate enough how important a lens is. but at the same time you don't need to go over doing you budget if it's not needed... Really you want to budget mostly for lenses, then worry about which camera you can afford (go 2nd hand if need be - free up more dosh for glass ). So suggest what type of photography you want to do and we can suggest the type of lenses you should ought to go for first... hit us with a budget tooo!!!
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 12:07   #5
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

best thing i can advise is get a xxD (second hand) model like a 30d and get a nice lens to go with it.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:07   #6
Raz
Saxperience Post Whore

Cant really put a budget across, as I have no idea of price range for such products. Having looked at the link you posted, I see photography is an expensive business. But for someone interested in photography, that doesnt really matter All I can say is, I'm willing to spend Although it wont all come at once!

What sort of photography? Could you cut this down a little? I'd just generally like to take pics of everything. Cars, events, scenery, nature...you know, the usual stuff. It be mainly cars and scenery though that I would start out on. Which form of photography is the easiest to start out learning on? Then once I have got the jist of things, move onto other things?

My Progress Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 12:10   #7
Raz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by don55 View Post
best thing i can advise is get a xxD (second hand) model like a 30d and get a nice lens to go with it.
Whats a 30d? model of someone like Canon, Nixon etc? Ellaborate man

My Progress Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 12:21   #8
don55
Established Member

don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

yes a 30d is a canon, not the newest camera out, but defo better than any xxxd model, like the 400d.

you can pick them up second hand for about £250, well worth it considering the 450d is twice that price.

but second hand isnt for everybody.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:36   #9
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST & 206 GTI180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Razmus!!!

Id say dependant on budget id go for 400d if budget isnt an issue get a 450 i have both and there are some nice touches to the 450

ST
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 12:45   #10
Raz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Razmus!!!

Id say dependant on budget id go for 400d if budget isnt an issue get a 450 i have both and there are some nice touches to the 450
Can you do a compare list of them both with what features etc? I know its a pain but do it for me Jamie!

My Progress Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 12:48   #11
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

If i was to start all over again i'd buy a 30d, reason being less than 12 months down the line for me im looking at getting 30d or 40d.

Theres loads of cameras out there going second hand. Prepare to have an empty wallet as its an addiction.
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 12:50   #12
Raz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
If i was to start all over again i'd buy a 30d, reason being less than 12 months down the line for me im looking at getting 30d or 40d.

Theres loads of cameras out there going second hand. Prepare to have an empty wallet as its an addiction.
HAHA Cheers Jay.

Whats good about the 30d compared to the likes of the other D's?

My Progress Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 12:59   #13
don55
Established Member

magnesium body
5 frames per second
better shutter mechanics,last longer.
spot metering
faster auto focus
bigger to hold
scroll wheel
bigger view finder(found this a huge help)
battery last about 5 times longer
Old 27th April 2009, 13:11   #14
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST & 206 GTI180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Im at work mate, the first noticeable difference is the display, its dewarfs the 400d.

The 450 feels better made aswell.

ST
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote