Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 25th April 2010, 16:11   #1
callam1989
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr X2 saxo vts and a westie!!!
callam1989 is on a distinguished road
Default vtr conversion

i might possibly getting a mk2 1.4 furio, problem is the engine has gone i need to know will a vtr lump go straight in and what do i need to have to do it ecu etc, can i use a black top or does it have to be a later engine?

thanx in advance
callam1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 19:45   #2
stingray1987
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
stingray1987 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by callam1989 View Post
i might possibly getting a mk2 1.4 furio, problem is the engine has gone i need to know will a vtr lump go straight in and what do i need to have to do it ecu etc, can i use a black top or does it have to be a later engine?

thanx in advance
has to be the later engine. basicly if the furio engine has 3 plugs on the ecu and cat in the manifold the vtr engine will have to aswell.

u will need
engine make shure this comes with inlet manifold
fuel injection system. so incjector rail and maybe fuel pump not shure if its the same as furio.
ecu (unlocked)
can use furio gearbox.
thats about it i think

you will want the vtr airbox aswell if you want to do a propper job as ive been told its less resistive than the fuiro airbox.