Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 11th September 2008, 22:52   #1
dannyboy2005
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Punt -y0
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
dannyboy2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Making my saxo 1.1 faster.

Right.

I've got a 1100 engine.. I can do like

25mph in gear 1
45mph - Gear 2
60Mph - gear 3
70mph - gear 4
75+mph - gear 5

is this doing sserious harm to my engine.. I'm lettig my engine warm up first before i rev it high.. I have a mk1.. with no rev counter so what sort of revs are they

Its R reg, hit exatly 70K miles.. Engine been looked after weekly too.

Now.. Are there any mods rather then an induction kit and a sports exhaust that will make the aceleration quciker?

(I can keep up easily with a 1.4 astra.)
dannyboy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 22:57   #2
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

i always let my engine warm up before i go over 2 rpm do you redline it or something ? i wouldnt do that it wears down the internal parts of the engine am i correct ?

mod wise iver read better manifold induction kit or what ever its called and a full system,other than that a vtr/s lump,would stripping it out be included ? lower it,better suspension etc.

correct me if im wrong,people with better engine knowledge

Last edited by Prickle; 11th September 2008 at 23:03.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 23:00   #3
jp256
Regular Poster

Car(s): 1.1 Black Saxo
jp256 is on a distinguished road

yer thats about right m8, in my 1.1 i get,
1st - 30
2nd - 55
3rd - 74
4th - 98
5th - 113

i manage to keep up if not beat most my friends and they got 1.2 ka, 1.4 hyundai, 1.3 micra, 1.4 206, 1.25 fiesta.
jp256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 23:02   #4
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp256 View Post
yer thats about right m8, in my 1.1 i get,
1st - 30
2nd - 55
3rd - 74
4th - 98
5th - 113

i manage to keep up if not beat most my friends and they got 1.2 ka, 1.4 hyundai, 1.3 micra, 1.4 206, 1.25 fiesta.
i was thinking about that too
Old 11th September 2008, 23:02   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

As long as you let your engine warm up and its well serviced you should be fine. Without spending a significance amount of cash on the car you will not see much at all in power gains. If you absolutely want to stay with the same car a engine swap would most likely be the best value. You can pick up good 1.4s for next to nothing if you look about. Though to fit it your self take a fair bit of know how and paying some one to do it really would not be worth it.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 23:04   #6
Marshy
Established Member

Car(s): Ibiza FR Tdi
Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!

Tbh theres not alot for performance you can do to a 1.1 thats cost effective, when conversions are cheap and easy enough to do.

Do a search though mate, its been covered many times

Also look here - http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=162204
Marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 23:05   #7
jp256
Regular Poster

Car(s): 1.1 Black Saxo
jp256 is on a distinguished road

yer my induction kit dosent really help me alot, iv had so many different ones in and none of them seem to make a difference, just a different sound. and my exhaust seems to help me out more top end then beggining, ul jus have to look into what ur buying in more detail.
jp256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 18:29   #8
dannyboy2005
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Punt -y0
dannyboy2005 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
As long as you let your engine warm up and its well serviced you should be fine. Without spending a significance amount of cash on the car you will not see much at all in power gains. If you absolutely want to stay with the same car a engine swap would most likely be the best value. You can pick up good 1.4s for next to nothing if you look about. Though to fit it your self take a fair bit of know how and paying some one to do it really would not be worth it.

Well serviced -Well i check the water, oil, coolent, brake fluid and the hole where the's oil on the rocker cover (to put oil in.. i actually don't know what its called) but i check that for gunk, if so car has had it. Anyother ways i can service it

But i always let my car warm up, its due for a cam belt change as its hit 70K. I let it warm up for about 5 or 10 mins first. I would say i do red line it, infact more then red line it.. Bad i know but sometimes you can feel the accelerator pedal shake when the revs are too high.. I must admit though.. the 1.1's are good when you get the revs up.. i like over taking in a 30 zone in 2nd gear

I don't plan to stip it or stick any induction kit (just guzzel more fuel). I would want a exhaust for sound purposes, and i am deffo going to get it lowered. i was thinking of like a chip you can buy from ebay that add's better pedal responce, my car is ALOT nipper at night time when its cooler .

Also.. How can a 4-2-1 manafold help? Like dosn't the default saxo manifold do that or is it 4 pipes into the exhaust?
dannyboy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 21:49   #9
chrissteele
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Mk2 Vtr
chrissteele is infamous around these parts

save up 4 a conversion. dont piss about wating money on a 1100
chrissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 21:55   #10
Dez
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vt*
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team member

as above really mate its going to cost a lot to get massive gans from a 1.1

i would save the money and then look to upgrade your car once you have the monies, conversion is an option but you WOULD have to change the rear brakes etc and it would most likely be easier and cheaper just to by a VTR or S. whichever takes your fancy.

Decat - Doing my bit for the environment
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 21:56   #11
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Megane 03 1.6 VVTi Dynamique
JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!

so you all rag the shit out of your cars

well done
Old 19th September 2008, 22:07   #12
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy2005 View Post
Well serviced -Well i check the water, oil, coolent, brake fluid and the hole where the's oil on the rocker cover (to put oil in.. i actually don't know what its called) but i check that for gunk, if so car has had it. Anyother ways i can service it

But i always let my car warm up, its due for a cam belt change as its hit 70K. I let it warm up for about 5 or 10 mins first. I would say i do red line it, infact more then red line it.. Bad i know but sometimes you can feel the accelerator pedal shake when the revs are too high.. I must admit though.. the 1.1's are good when you get the revs up.. i like over taking in a 30 zone in 2nd gear

I don't plan to stip it or stick any induction kit (just guzzel more fuel). I would want a exhaust for sound purposes, and i am deffo going to get it lowered. i was thinking of like a chip you can buy from ebay that add's better pedal responce, my car is ALOT nipper at night time when its cooler .

Also.. How can a 4-2-1 manafold help? Like dosn't the default saxo manifold do that or is it 4 pipes into the exhaust?
lmao shammeeeee
Old 19th September 2008, 23:50   #13
wigansaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): citroen saxo 1.1 forte(sold) sierra sapphire 1.8 v
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wigansaxo has a spectacular aura aboutwigansaxo has a spectacular aura aboutwigansaxo has a spectacular aura about

that sounds fine mate, i do about that on quite roads when its safe, and mine has a rev counter
wigansaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 01:05   #14
gojka
Regular Poster

Car(s): Icelandic Grey VTS
gojka will become famous soon enoughgojka will become famous soon enough

in my 1.1 i got 30 in first, 55 in second, 80 in 3rd 105 in 4th and 110 in 5th lol to b fair save up so you can buy a westcoast or furio and spend money modin that as there is no point in moddin a 1.1 tbh

VTS Progress Thread -http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=376171
gojka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 01:32   #15
wigansaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): citroen saxo 1.1 forte(sold) sierra sapphire 1.8 v
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wigansaxo has a spectacular aura aboutwigansaxo has a spectacular aura aboutwigansaxo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojka View Post
in my 1.1 i got 30 in first, 55 in second, 80 in 3rd 105 in 4th and 110 in 5th lol to b fair save up so you can buy a westcoast or furio and spend money modin that as there is no point in moddin a 1.1 tbh
105 in 4th? did it blow up by any chance lol
wigansaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 23:26   #16
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

obviously not
Old 21st September 2008, 00:36   #17
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

mine used to be quite nippy
Old 21st September 2008, 11:32   #18
EckMcMann
Infrequent Poster

EckMcMann is a jewel in the roughEckMcMann is a jewel in the roughEckMcMann is a jewel in the roughEckMcMann is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy2005 View Post

You don't want an induction kit, as it would waste too much petrol? If you want to save on petrol, stop redlining it everywhere! But a 4-2-1ou manifold would help yes. But the amount of money you are going to spend to make it remotely quick, you might as well sell your car, and buy a VTR/S
EckMcMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 17:53   #19
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia_Bush View Post
mine used to be quite nippy
haha gav yours was probably very nippy!!

mine was pretty good could keep up with my mates (lee_vtr1) vtr only lost him after about 60
and in corners it was very good

best be with a 1.1 is remove all unessecary parts
and i mean ALL
like you dont legally need a third brake light (if its there it has to function if not it doesnt matter) so little tings like that
you soon save a lot of weight
and gain a fair bit of performance
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 18:36   #20
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

the 1.1s are nippy cos their lightweight, with short ratios..

not understanding where people are getting 113mph from a standard 1.1 tho tbh, even citroen state its 102.. (down a hill maybe)

plus the 1.1 would never get to 113 on track since it would take about a year so where did you get this figure

what the clock shows is not the true speed also
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote