Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 2nd February 2009, 20:00   #21
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

emerald are in norfolk.. ive got the lovely drive up on 17th lol.
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:01   #22
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
Ryan - me and you seem to end up talking in my threads!
awaits..

it must be love comment lol
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:02   #23
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

norfolk isn't too far from Kent - 2hours?
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:02   #24
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

looooooool
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:03   #25
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
norfolk isn't too far from Kent - 2hours?
prob be more like 3. As dont really want to be twatting it with the police about.
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:07   #26
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

How hard woudl it be to make a loom for one othe ECU's. Most of them are available with a ECU plug, and like 2 foot of wire to crimp the plugs onto.

A days work with a wiring digaram ?
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:35   #27
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

http://www.dubaipetrolheads.com/inde...6&topic=727.15

Just been reading this - the emerald software looks pretty good, and user friendly!
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:21   #28
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Raunchz,

there are a couple of PnP solutions out there that don't use an adapter loom. Be careful if they won't show you a picture of the inside of the ECU with it's clothes off.

Here is the Predator inside - if you want more pictures/different angles, then no problem

Kind regards

Andy
PS Just a thought - Sandy Brown could map my ECU *no problem*
luthor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:45   #29
Dboyvts
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): supercharged vts, R324r gtr, Rb30 R32 gtr.
Dboyvts is just really niceDboyvts is just really niceDboyvts is just really niceDboyvts is just really niceDboyvts is just really nice

Not had any problems with my kms ecu but have with the wideband so turned it off so it wont affect the ecu. car runs spot on ( even better when wideband dose work)
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:47   #30
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

andy i thought the insides of yours did look perfectly set up and safe when I saw it in the flesh.

Unlike certain other ones ive seen pics of which were a mess inside
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:47   #31
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

I think where my problem lies that I'd rather spend as little as poss seeing as have just spent £1k on bits,but I don't think I can visualize the difference between say your PnP unit for £550 ands then say emerald for £1200. I havnt experienced good n bad maps, but may do I've potentially spent my money.

For example if it stalls, good or bad map? If it idles a bit rough ? Good or bad map? I don't know whether it's as a result of bad mapping or just cause of bodies and cams.

Which is why I'm ummming are arrrr ing over whether to drop it at Emerald, and pick it up sorted, knowing he's put x years of mappung experience in it.

Whereas you're PnP unit is cheaper but your mapping is relatively unknown and don't use rolling road for tweaking map, sorry but would like to be honest, but your service and transparency are as I imagine way above the other mappers which is what I like, and pulling me towards giving the PnP a go. For example things like cold start and tweaks to the map.
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:49   #32
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

bad idle is usually more to do with the cam timing than bad mapping the fueling should be very easy to get here with a stationary throttle position

Bad mapping is more when the car is runing under part or full throttle. if there are flat spots or bad under or overfueling
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:50   #33
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

If anyone else has experiences with mapibg places or ECU's bang a post in here, is good to try and build up a picture of the favourable ECUs over others!!
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:51   #34
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

So fueling is mapped to hit target afr values? I'd definately get wideband installed.

Would a bad map be more to do with ignition maps? As I can imagine it isn't hard to put target afr's in to hit?
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:51   #35
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

most PSA users went KMS as there were deals on a few years ago.

Omex are one of the highly respected people in the industry as are emerald.

at the end of the day you pays your money, you makes your choices...
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:59   #36
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

joshs kms was also fine

hi....
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:00   #37
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
most PSA users went KMS as there were deals on a few years ago.

Omex are one of the highly respected people in the industry as are emerald.

at the end of the day you pays your money, you makes your choices...
lol @ your quote.

I'm going to invest in an ECU book and do a bit of reading into it I think before committing to anything.
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:11   #38
Drago
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vts track car
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Drago has a spectacular aura aboutDrago has a spectacular aura about

Cant go wrong with an emerald, keep an eye out on ebay normally a couple of second handers floating about will save you a bit of ££ will just need a loom made up and then the mapping.

Now in the process of fitting my emerald, fairly simple when you get your head around it just a bit of messing about removing the excess wires from the engine loom.

Seperate loom for the emerald is much easier than splicing into the original loom, after all it only needs 4 sensors to work.
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:20   #39
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Just bought these books for a read - should keep me quiet for a few weeks !!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1859608353 written by Dave Walker

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0760315825
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:45   #40
fuzzy_orange
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 GTi
fuzzy_orange is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to research this too

I've got a KMS with wideband display and lambda - but keep reading people slating the widebands

So I started considering selling the kit and getting a DTA or Omex

But honestly... this full KMS kit cost me less than £500 - I plugged it in and my car runs - took about 10mins to install

I cant find anyone to buy/beg/borrow a base map for a standard gti/vts from though - and its mapped for 708's so I cant do much than idle with it - but the display works and no errors from wideband at all

If I get an omex or DTA its gonna be about £900 by the time i've had a loom made up - and thats without a wideband!

I'm hoping its one of those case of the handful that had problems are very vocal on the forums - whereas the majority that havent had issues dont post about it