Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 7th April 2009, 23:42   #1
CHIP
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Astra Coupe Edition 100
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
CHIP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opinions from decent photographers

Okay, so this photo was my first real play around with ISO and shutter speed. I'd like to know if you can suggest if i've gone wrong somewhere or not. Working with a Fuji S1000FD.

Before edit:

After edit:
Old 8th April 2009, 05:45   #2
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

im really struggling to see any difference.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:30   #3
CHIP
Saxperience Post Whore

Im not saying after the editing, necessarily. Im on about the iso etc. Have i got everything on the camera set up right? I'm just trying to make sure im not going wrong anywhere.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:40   #4
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Chip man, were you in manual mode? Looks totally fine man
Essentially you can control three main things (ignoring the use of a flash for this example):
ISO
Aperture
Shutter

Now if you're only messing with ISO and Aperture, there's a chance the camera will still control the Aperture. So you can fiddle all you like, but the exposure of the shot will largely remain the same.

However... it can be handy to leave the camera controlling one such parameter, if you increase the iso speed, the camera has to compensate for the 'brighter' image, so to darken it to the correct level the camera either increases the shutter speed (which minimises blur from camera shake!) and or it will decrease the aperture value, so you depth of field will become much thinner.... depending on your shot it can usually mean a more pleasing picture and the subject you want to shoot it more prominent against the background.

Ads
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 17:42   #5
CHIP
Saxperience Post Whore

Cheers Ad. Alot of that (suprisngly) makes sense to me. I was in manual mode and playing with the shutter speed and iso. Didnt really do owt with aperture tbh.