Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 8th June 2009, 15:34   #41
dynebaruk
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Golf GTI 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
dynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alex- View Post
ISP: British Telecom
Make: Netgear
Model: DG834G
Yeah just packed in, mine has been on 24/7 for the last two years too
I've got the same router and it's an absolute pain in the arse, it will randomly decide to stop working whenever it wants. One time it changed the MTU size for no reason, took me hours to sort it out.
dynebaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 15:44   #42
pr0xibus
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1993 MK1 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
pr0xibus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynebaruk View Post
I've got the same router and it's an absolute pain in the arse, it will randomly decide to stop working whenever it wants. One time it changed the MTU size for no reason, took me hours to sort it out.
ooo thats unlucky that would definatly be a pain in the arse like hope youve changed now lol
pr0xibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 15:45   #43
dynebaruk
Established Member

dynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to beholddynebaruk is a splendid one to behold

Nah still got the same one but I use home plug networking now instead of wireless.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:47   #44
pr0xibus
Frequent Poster

is that the network thing plug in walls and use electricity??
Old 8th June 2009, 15:53   #45
dynebaruk
Established Member

Yeah can't beat it fast connection all the time, never drops out and you can still take it into any room in the house easily.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:55   #46
pr0xibus
Frequent Poster

i thought you could only network on each electricity ring and cannot connect to another one on the opposite ring, if that makes sense lol
Old 8th June 2009, 15:57   #47
dynebaruk
Established Member

Not sure what you mean, my router is downstairs at the back of the house and my bedroom is upstairs at the front of the house, in opposite corners of the house to each other.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:00   #48
pr0xibus
Frequent Poster

aright usually if your house has 2 floors, first floor is on ring 1 and floor 2 is on ring 2 etc etc

and i thought if you have a network with the plugs you can only use ring one for 1st LAN and ring 2 for 2nd LAN but you couldnt use both rings for just one big LAN lol hope that clears it up but it might not tho lol
Old 8th June 2009, 16:03   #49
dynebaruk
Established Member

Not sure on how the electricity is set up tbh. Got mine from dabs though if your interested, think it was £38 and well worth the money.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:04   #50
pr0xibus
Frequent Poster

lol it would be good if i had several computers but my friend upstair has wireless so just using his till i move house lol
Old 8th June 2009, 16:08   #51
kevin_172
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 02 clio 172
kevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team member

DG834G

total gash router! i had one, then i got the wireless N one..... what a load of crap! restarting it every 3 hours!!!
Old 8th June 2009, 16:29   #52
-Alex-
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf mk2
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
-Alex- is on a distinguished road

Seems there is no winning with the router battle. I was actually thinking of getting a cisco one, but you could only lay it down, and we need ours to stand up
Old 10th June 2009, 12:44   #53
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Xantia 1.9TD
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alex- View Post
Setting up this Belkin took no word of a lie 5 mins, including taking it out of the box and plugging it all in
mine took forever because i'm a dozy cunt, forgot about DNS on my router and plugged the new one in to config it (basically, cba with losing internet incase it went pear shaped), so my old router assigned an ip to the new router

HELL!!

ended up using the CD as it was so much easier. advances eh, back when i started with pc's they were hopeless!
chinkostu is offline   Reply With Quote