Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 16th April 2007, 11:34   #1
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of
Default How do i make the VTR faster?

Right well yeah got a VTR
with this car not going for looks like bodykit spolier and such so leavin it standard apart from alloys!

its all about proformance!!!!!!!!

i have a induction kit
getting a stright thru system soon
what else can i do?
superchip? where can i get one? fitting? ect?
heard people talk about changing parts and getting bits from a VTS?
turbo? supercharge? intercooler?
i dont know where to start or where to get the parts from? fitting?

ne help will be great! :0
Old 16th April 2007, 11:35   #2
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

manifold, cams and remap would be your best option. All depends how much money you have to spend on it.
Old 16th April 2007, 11:40   #3
SAM33R
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vts 2003 *Dads*€nzo 15th APR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
SAM33R has a spectacular aura aboutSAM33R has a spectacular aura about

cheaper to put a vts lump in it
SAM33R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 11:41   #4
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM33R View Post
cheaper to put a vts lump in it
may be cheaper to put it in but wouldn't be cheaper once you've accounted for insurance and increased petrol bills

*cough* and road tax *cough*
Old 16th April 2007, 11:41   #5
jimbo06
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 52 VTS, 172 Cup
jimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to all

like said above you can put a vts lump in it or if you want to keep the vtr lump, get a full system i.e magnex, piper, get a manifold, cam, and a good map.
jimbo06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 11:43   #6
SAM33R
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vts 2003 *Dads*€nzo 15th APR
SAM33R has a spectacular aura aboutSAM33R has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo06 View Post
like said above you can put a vts lump in it or if you want to keep the vtr lump, get a full system i.e magnex, piper, get a manifold, cam, and a good map.
well said
SAM33R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 11:51   #7
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo GT
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

Yea basically do what Jimbo has said. Thats the route ive taken.
makaveli144 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to makaveli144 For This Useful Post:
Old 16th April 2007, 11:53   #8
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

yeha was looking at a powerflow system as they is the closest place to me that do that kinda thing? they ne good? or just of a muchness?

ok cam and good map

where can i get these things done or will have to get and do the cam myself? money is not a huge issue but dont wanan change the lump rather upgrade the bits i have.

no1 said ne thing about chippin it?
Old 16th April 2007, 11:59   #9
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo GT
makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

Loads of people on here will warn you away from powerflow. Iv never used them tho. Dont go with superchip, get a dastek unichip (think thats the right one) remap after you do everything else... The manifold you could prob fit yourself , you would need a new gasket and mabe bolts to fit it.not sure about the cam but you would need a pro to do the timing.

Supersprint do manifolds, so do raceland which you can get from Kam-Racing with a group buy.
Kent cams are meant to be good I think and piper also do them.

Last edited by makaveli144; 16th April 2007 at 12:03.
makaveli144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 12:13   #10
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

people will tell you to steer away from superchips.

i only hear bad things about them.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 12:24   #11
jimbo06
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 52 VTS, 172 Cup
jimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to all

yeah steer clear of superchips mate go for a dastek unichip which will suit the requirements of having it cammed etc fine. dont go for a powerflow as i know people who have had very bad experiences of them in the past, like i said before a magnex or a piper will be spot on. also piper cam kits are very good, and thats what i shall be going for in the future
jimbo06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 12:26   #12
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Z-Cars.
they will make your VTR a tad quicker
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 12:28   #13
VTS_16v_Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Pug 1007 HDi Sport (daily) / Abarth 500
VTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant future

Rite first things first.

When you mean faster, do you mean faster (more top end speed) or quicker (0-60mph)? I imagin you mean quicker

You got two real options either make the engine produce more power or lighten the car so there is less weight to pull.

Stripping out the rear of seats and anything else that will come out will improve the 0-60mph time and pick-up on the move.

As for the engine, 4branch manifold and exhaust, decat will help gas flow (have to be back for MoT tho) after that its pretty much cam and remap.

Turbochargers/superchargers and throttle bodies are for people with big bank balances £4k-£5k

Take the back seats out, change the manifold and maybe change the cam and I reckon your be more than happy with the pound for pony return
Old 16th April 2007, 12:28   #14
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

take the back seats out, ditch your spare wheel if your looking for a small increase in acceleration?
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 12:41   #15
VTS_16v_Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

VTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant futureVTS_16v_Boy has a brilliant future

Its all a case of how far you want to go. With both the strip'd interior and the engine.

How bigs you budget?

People like Bullit, itsafastworld and toad have gone pretty far with strippin, some even to the point of losing the headlining hardcore

But its not for everyone. Also depending on budget and insurance allowances another option is a 16v conversion but then again most people buy the 8v for the reason its cheaper to insure.

Post a budget and let people give their opiuons on what they would buy to improve performance with it
Old 16th April 2007, 12:57   #16
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

its all about the budget, if you have around about 1800 you should be able to get an enclosed induction, full exhaust system, manfold cams and remap tat will see you bhp up by quite a margin, turbo's and superchargers range from 4k to 8k and in that case id raher sell my car and but something else

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 13:39   #17
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTS_16v_Boy View Post
People like Bullit, itsafastworld and toad have gone pretty far with strippin, some even to the point of losing the headlining hardcore

What about me!! My headliners gone too.. lol.

If you want a drag car get a 16v. If you want a track car you may aswell keep the 8v and concentrate on the handling and braking as on track, power isn't everything..

But as said before breathing mods, cam and stripping is what you want to do..
Old 16th April 2007, 13:45   #18
VTS_16v_Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bristol View Post
What about me!! My headliners gone too.. lol.

If you want a drag car get a 16v. If you want a track car you may aswell keep the 8v and concentrate on the handling and braking as on track, power isn't everything..

But as said before breathing mods, cam and stripping is what you want to do..
Sorry Im begining to lose count how many Hardcore Strippers are on here now my bad boss

Budget is the key a small budget of say £500 could get you a cheap enclosed unbranded BMC style filter, a Raceland Manifold, decat and an Ahsley performance decat/cat back exhaust with maybe enough left over for fitting.

If you was more picky about brandage the that same £500 would only get you a BMC filter and a cat back exhaust and not much else.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:52   #19
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTS_16v_Boy View Post
Sorry Im begining to lose count how many Hardcore Strippers are on here now my bad boss
lol, no worries.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:59   #20
SaxOmniaC
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): none at present
iTrader Score: -1 (0%)
SaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to allSaxOmniaC is a name known to all

my headling is half out, i mean i have said itsa coming out but havent physically taken it out yet.

stripping helps a bit, does feel a bit quicker off the mark but as above, strip it, drop it, man it, decat it, chip it, map it and then enjoy it!