Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 12th September 2007, 08:21   #21
saunders
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Fiat Seicento, MK2 Furio 2000 X, Pug 206
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_VTS View Post
could you not just unplug the second sensor instead of putting it in the sleeve? either way the engine light will come on,
thats what i did when i de-cated my vts just unplug it
You can but the sleeve not only tries to stop the light coming on but also protects the senser from the elements
Old 12th September 2007, 08:22   #22
JBVTR
Frequent Poster

Car(s): bmw 528i
JBVTR is just really niceJBVTR is just really niceJBVTR is just really niceJBVTR is just really nice

would you need to do this with a W reg mk2 (cat underneath) or would it be a straight swap as with a mk1 ?

ta
JBVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2007, 13:47   #23
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBVTR View Post
would you need to do this with a W reg mk2 (cat underneath) or would it be a straight swap as with a mk1 ?

ta
i would think its a straight swop depending on the poistion of ur oil filter. if its pointing up then no, but if its pointing towards the front of the car then yes
Old 13th September 2007, 13:48   #24
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders View Post
You can but the sleeve not only tries to stop the light coming on but also protects the senser from the elements
ye exactly right m8. u need it to be protected in a sleeve so it only reads clean air then the engine management light should not come on, mine hasnt
Old 16th September 2007, 23:14   #25
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

just had a rolling road day today and thought why not il put the furio on. got 90.6 bhp pretty impressive for a 1.4 8v yer? with a raceland 4-2-1, pipercross viper induction kit, and a de-cat straight through system with twin exhausts.

Going to heat wrap manifold and alter cold air feed and get red of the twin exhausts and should make a big difference according to the guy who did it, as my engine bay was getting so hot.

Anyway very happy with that bhp
Old 16th September 2007, 23:19   #26
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

not bad result there mate
steviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 23:38   #27
Jagztorious
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): SitRon Sackso.
Jagztorious has much to be proud ofJagztorious has much to be proud ofJagztorious has much to be proud ofJagztorious has much to be proud ofJagztorious has much to be proud ofJagztorious has much to be proud ofJagztorious has much to be proud ofJagztorious has much to be proud ofJagztorious has much to be proud of

u've managed to get anotha 15bhp through those breathing mods?......

hmmm!!

interesting!
Old 17th September 2007, 09:45   #28
marc_safc
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): silver saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
marc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nice

what do i do with the sensor in the top of the manifold???? i know that i put the 1 after the cat in a sleeve.
marc_safc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 11:35   #29
marc_safc
Established Member
North East Region Member

marc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nice

any1?????
Old 17th September 2007, 16:06   #30
Richie2104VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): VTARRRR/S
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_safc View Post
what do i do with the sensor in the top of the manifold???? i know that i put the 1 after the cat in a sleeve.

You put the top sensor into a sleeve and put the bottom one into the manifold!
Richie2104VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 22:09   #31
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

yep just like the man said lol.

ye i know i was bricking it as was with alot of high powered cars, but as soon as got my first reading i was like 'o wow thats made my day and week' lol. Alot of people were impressed, i would recommend doing the mods i have done, hass hardly cost me much at all. cant wait till pay day to get to the magic 100bhp
Old 5th October 2007, 23:57   #32
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

excellent guide here mate. would this be the same with moving the oil filter if i was to put a standard mark 1 manifold onto my mark 2? cheers
Old 6th October 2007, 14:13   #33
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

i would of fort so, but y would you want to do that m8?
Old 6th October 2007, 14:28   #34
JoeFurio
Established Member

JoeFurio is a splendid one to beholdJoeFurio is a splendid one to beholdJoeFurio is a splendid one to beholdJoeFurio is a splendid one to beholdJoeFurio is a splendid one to beholdJoeFurio is a splendid one to beholdJoeFurio is a splendid one to behold

great guide mate, just seems like such a pain in the arse to do! i thought it would be a case of unbolt old one, and then put the new one in its place lol
JoeFurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2007, 17:36   #35
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchysSaxo View Post
i would of fort so, but y would you want to do that m8?

doing a turbo conversion and putting a mark 1 manifold on my mark 2
Old 6th October 2007, 21:10   #36
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFurio View Post
great guide mate, just seems like such a pain in the arse to do! i thought it would be a case of unbolt old one, and then put the new one in its place lol
aslong as u make sure you have all the parts m8 its a piece of piss honestly, im no mechanic lol i fort fuk it il give it a go and it went fine havent had any problems yet. looks awesome aswel after a while...

you can see the lambda sensor on the far right attached to battery base, in my home made copper tube
Old 8th October 2007, 22:09   #37
Saxo_Steve
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk2
Saxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to all

This might be a stupid question but does the M10 screw have to be a certain length and can it have a head on it, or does it need to be one like the one pictured in the guide?
Saxo_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 22:15   #38
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

not a stupid question m8.... ummm i think around a inch will do give or take a bit, cant remeber the exact length. just cut the head off and saw into it to make a slit so you can use a screw driver as it needs to be flush for the mk1 oil filter to fit on, hope that helps
Old 8th October 2007, 22:19   #39
marc_safc
Established Member
North East Region Member

u just need an m10 bolt well thats all i used and it was fine was about an inch or so long.... i actually thort the bolt head would of got in the way so i cut bolt head off and cut a slit in for a screwdriver but when i got it all off there was plenty of room so just used a normal m10 bolt
The Following User Says Thank You to marc_safc For This Useful Post:
Old 8th October 2007, 22:22   #40
Saxo_Steve
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk2
Saxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to allSaxo_Steve is a name known to all

Ok thanks! I can try it with the bolt head on and if it doesn't fit I'll get the saw out!
Saxo_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote