Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 27th July 2014, 15:55   #1
JonD11

JonD11 is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Gauge/Refueling Problems

Hi

Slight random problem which is causing me nothing but trouble,

I own a 2001 Citroen Saxo which I only bought a couple of months ago and been no problem at all and run's like a dream, only main problem is the fuel gauge jumps to random levels each time I start the car which hasn't been a problem till now.

The fuel gauge is now always at full when I know its not , and now every time I go to fill up at the petrol station the pump keeps clicking as though its full when its not I've only manage to fill up with a tenner at most even then it kept clicking all way through , I've tried 3 different petrol stations in my area and its the same problem, I've tried giggling it about re-positioning the hose and my last try was today the fuel came back up

Can anyone help??

Thanks

Jon
JonD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 15:59   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Sounds like a faulty fuel gauge sender,but that wouldn't account for only being able to fill up with £10.Weird one that.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote