Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 20th March 2017, 18:46   #1
TAW

TAW is on a distinguished road
Default VTS/S2 Rallye Gearbox woes

Hi,

Ive just signed up, first post.. so hello, looks like a good place here.! I'm wondering if anyone can help.

I've just swapped the gearbox on my vts from the standard vts one to an s2 rallye one. At the same time fitted a new genuine clutch. I've started the car on axle stands just to check is all ok and this is where the confusion begins...

When I put the gearstick in neutral position and let the clutch out, no wheels spin. Same again if I put the gearstick in the position for 1st gear. When I put the gearstick in the position for 3rd and let the clutch out, the passenger side wheel spins. At no point have I seen the drivers wheel spin.

I got the linkages in height order, if that makes sense, and according to online diagrams that is correct.

I guess my questions are as follows:

Is it possible to remove the linkages, shift the box into neutral by hand and then reconnect them? If so, how do I know I've found neutral by hand?

Could it be a clutch cable adjustment issue (I'm doubting this), how much movement should there be when manually pulling the clutch fork on the gearbox?

Does anyone know where I could've gone wrong on this?

I'm not new to this sort of thing but admittedly I'm not an actual mechanic!

It's a long, boring one this so I appreciate any help you guys can give me!!

Cheers
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:48   #2
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Never had an issue like that. Did you check the box was good before fitting? I suppose a good starting point is just unhooking selector rod and manually select gear. Then check clutch bite. If both of them are fine then at least you know it's a linkage / lever issue. Why did you change out the box were you having issues before?
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:07   #3
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Drivers side shaft not in correctly? check it, does it sit correctly in the intermediate carrier thing, with the hockey pucks? Could be why the drivers side doesn't rotate at all.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 08:33   #4
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

engine stopped--select any gear --turn left hand wheel --does right hand wheel go in the opposite direction or not turn at all?
it should go opposite direction due to the dif --if it don,t turn then you have a problem