Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 4th April 2014, 15:13   #81
cylon22
L-plater

Car(s): saxo desire
cylon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daza8956 View Post
hi got a hawk remote central locking thingy dont seem to work ive got a vtr w reg is the gui de for a alarm if not then i think ive wired it ok not sure ive got 2 white wiresd on mine and 1 black and white its frushtrating on my plug i got as follows num 1 live 2 earth 3 and 4 have 2 wires together then i got 8 and 7 please help
Just fitted mine and had same problem you have wrong white wire follow guide in order checking all connections swap your white wire for other one then will work fine
Great how guide easy to follow I didn't check wiring guide that came with it otherwise would've seen I had wrong wire
I scotch locked all connections and taped them aswell works great
cylon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 12:04   #82
dolby20
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR 2002
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
dolby20 is on a distinguished road

Fit this kit yesterday
No issues - hazards working too

Any questions if you're struggling just post!
Old 16th August 2014, 21:43   #83
jailbreakvito
Regular Poster

Car(s): 1.1 2001 Forte
jailbreakvito is on a distinguished road

Can't get mine to work. Wired everything up and it just clicks. Anyone help??
Old 17th August 2014, 19:34   #84
DaPPeR
Regular Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Furio/vtr
DaPPeR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxSpeed View Post
when i did my remote central locking, i got my live, earth, signal wires and everything conected up inside the door, asin i fitted the full kit into the door so it was behind the door card, but thats remote C/L not an alarm
How did you go about doing this mate as I'm looking to do the same with a kit I bought
DaPPeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 10:48   #85
saxo_90
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saxo_90 is on a distinguished road

Going to have a go at this today and see how I get on.
Old 18th September 2014, 17:15   #86
saxo_90
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saxo_90 is on a distinguished road

Followed the guide and working brilliantly. Placed it on top of the glovebox and getting great range. Just to add, when tapping into the power wire on the saxo you have to attach the red hawk wire
Old 27th November 2014, 18:47   #87
KridsVTR
L-plater

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR Mk2 2002
KridsVTR is on a distinguished road

Got mine today, I'm off next week so I'm going to attempt to fit it tues/weds. One question though. My central locking also unlocks my boot so where should
I mount the mechanism for this and where do I run the wires?

Thanks
KridsVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 22:59   #88
tiger1983
Regular Poster

tiger1983 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KridsVTR View Post
Got mine today, I'm off next week so I'm going to attempt to fit it tues/weds. One question though. My central locking also unlocks my boot so where should
I mount the mechanism for this and where do I run the wires?

Thanks
If your central locking is already working by using the key, you wont need to mount any mechanisms other than the actual "brain" unit of the hawk system. Best thing to do with the wires is find the original central locking control unit (under dash, around the glovebox area), connect the hawk system to the cars wiring there so you can also strap the hawk unit under the dash, out the way and keeps wires tidy I stead of running all round the car.
tiger1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tiger1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 18th January 2015, 14:37   #89
Jim-Bob
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region Member

Car(s): Looking for a 205...
iTrader Score: 52 (100%)
Jim-Bob will become famous soon enoughJim-Bob will become famous soon enough

Ignore - brought the right kit this time!

James

Last edited by Jim-Bob; 17th March 2015 at 18:55.
Jim-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 18:54   #90
Jim-Bob
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region Member

Car(s): Looking for a 205...
iTrader Score: 52 (100%)
Jim-Bob will become famous soon enoughJim-Bob will become famous soon enough

Fitted this kit to a VTS as per the guide but with the alarm module disconnected, all worked fine, fitted the alarm module today and the alarm goes off everytime you lock the car with the hawk fob, any ideas?!

James
Jim-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 16:40   #91
jimbob85

jimbob85 is on a distinguished road

hi great guide i fitted this unit today my unit came with 2 plain white wires conected it all together and all i got was clicking swapped the white wires and works perfect
jimbob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 09:47   #92
robbie18753
L-plater
Isle of Wight Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR Phase 2
robbie18753 is on a distinguished road

mine will be here tomoz.. looking forward to fitting it after work...

update

Just done mine and all working perfectly apart from only one hazzard is working.. Gonna check it tomoz as I've a day off.

Great guide

Thanks

Last edited by robbie18753; 7th April 2015 at 13:05. Reason: Update
robbie18753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 10:49   #93
dumfy

dumfy is on a distinguished road

Great guide.

Fitted mine last week and everything now working - locks, flashing LED and hazards. Did have a problem initially though and thought I'd done something wrong. Turns out the Hawk unit was faulty and had to be returned to Hawk. They were very good and helpful. Sent out a new one. Replacement unit was fine.

A couple of things that may help . . .

I tapped in to the wiring at the back of the hazard lights switch in the dash and also fitted the LED into one of the spare blanks in the same row.

To do this, I didn't need to remove the centre console etc etc. I took the glove box out and dropped it down from behind. Also removed the alluminium plate that has two support screws for the rear of the box. The plate just slides out of its mount. I then had easy access to the switch panel on the dash to fit the LED and tap in for the hazard wiring. Take out all the blanks in the switch panel

Dumfy
dumfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 19:13   #94
krstecd

krstecd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petee View Post
Ive decided to put up a little guide helping everyone who is fed up of the crappy saxo Fobs.

Hawk alarm

That is the system this guide is based on.

UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY

1. Removing the glove box- 2 screws on the front, and 4 screws on the back, if you get right into the foot well and look up you should see a metal plate, with a big black thing with lots of wires coming out of it. you have to slide that along to get the glove box passed all the wires.

MK1 Glove Box- 1 screw at the top, and theres 2 more screws behind some bits of rubber

I also removed the Glove box lid to make it easyer 3 screws then little pull and it will pop off.

2. Now you have to find the Centrol locking socket, if you look straight through the glove box on the top left you should see a brown plug with numbers written on it. Pull it out.

3. First off you need power, if you take a look at the brown plug, you should see numbers where the wires go in. Number 1 should be grey tap into that for power.

4. Earthing- If you are sat in the passenger seat and you look up in the foot well on your left you should see a bolt, if you undo this bolt and pull the carpet back you should see a bolt. This is where you are going to earth your wires.

Wires you need to earth.

-Yellow wire
-Yellow wire with a black stripe
-Black wire

5. Central locking
Now locate the white wire from the hawk central locking kit, this needs to go into number 7 on the central locking connector.

Now you have to find the white and black white from the hawk central locking kit, this one needs to go into number 5 on the central locking connector.

You are Almost there now! Plug everything back in and get your hawk fob. press the lock button and you should see the little LED blinks, your doors should also lock! If they do you have done everything right. If not check you have earthed all the wires i have mentioned.

6. Hazards flash. This is optional but its best to do it!

Now you are going to wire into the hazards so when you press lock/unlock they flash.

The fun part...

Now you want to take the centre console out, 5 screws 2 under the caps on either side of where the hazard button is, just above the air controls, one right at the bottom in the middle.

now you need to pull the Air controls off the little dial and the 2 slidy stick things.

Now you should be able to pull the centre console out

Take a look at the hazard button from the back of the console pull it out to make it easyer to get too.

Locate your 2 brown wires from the Hawk central locking kit. Now you want to look really closely at the plug that goes into the hazards button. you should see numbers on them. You want to put 1 brown wire in Number 5, and 1 brown wire in number 6.

Your all done!

Put all the centre console and glove box back in etc...

I stuck my Hawk box on the bottom of the glove box, now you may want to cable tie all the wires up to neaten it all up.

All the wires that are still loose you can either cut off or just role them up and cable tie them up.

Now you have a brand new remote locking system.

Hi, i need help about my lock/unlock remote for my saxo 1.5 diesel, i bought recently this car from one guy and i saw that the car have remote but don't function i put new batteries inside but still doesn't work, i searched on google how to fix that problem and i found that need to be programmed, i try some of those how to do it but none of those works, so if anyone can help me how to program my remote.
My remote has 5 buttons and it look like this: https://imgur.com/a/voAUB
krstecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 21:30   #95
krstecd

krstecd is on a distinguished road

Hi, i'm new here and i need help about my lock/unlock remote, i bought new car saxo 1.5D 1999 and with the key i got remote controller for locking/unlocking the car but it does not lock or unlock the car, i searched on google why i have that problem and i saw that i need to program my remote controller to be able to work but i can not find how to do it for my car so if anyone can tell me how to program it or what can be the problem for not working?
This is the remote controller i have: https://imgur.com/a/voAUB
krstecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2021, 19:08   #96
cwathen

cwathen is on a distinguished road

Apologies for the huge bump, but used this guide today to fit a £10 eBay remote kit to mine. All worked perfectly first time, mounted the flashing LED in a blank switch position. Range on it is brilliant.

Thanks!
cwathen is offline   Reply With Quote