Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 22nd March 2021, 23:47   #1
markj_vtr
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): VTS with minor mods (Rotrex C30-74 etc)
markj_vtr is on a distinguished road
Default Supercharging a VTR

So It's been about 5 years since my VTS died and I've still got a shed full of Saxo bits including but not limited to a Rotrex C30-74 (The only thing I'm missing for a rebuild is an ECU)

I've been looking for a another VTS but it's got to be black (don't judge me) and mk2 (mainly because I cut up a perfectly good pair of angle eyes to accommodate the Rotrex's pully) but I never seem to be able find one.

I've been thinking of getting a VTR as they seem to still be a bit more common.

Supercharging a VTR, is it really as bad an idea as it sounds in my head?

I've seen threads from back in the day of people turboing them and surely once you start going down the forced induction route an extra 8v can't be that much of a game changer (and yes I will probably miss the ABS and electric mirrors)

While I'm embarrassing myself by asking noob questions I might as well try this aswell, if I did get a VTR how nicely would a 16v head go on? I guessing it would only really need the head and loom? Injectors, rad, ECU will all be getting swapped out anyway. Will the interior and engine looms have the same plugs? or will the soldering iron have to come out? and if I swap out both looms there's nothing to stop me from swapping a couple of VTS mcpherson struts to get ABS???? Compression ratio issues? I don't have any fordged pistons.

Well I think I've talked myself out of pissing around trying to put a 16v head on but comments and suggestions would be most appreciated.

markj_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 10:21   #2
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

No daft questions there.

I think a Rotrex on the 8V would work very well overall, and it needn't cost the earth to do.

8v pistons have quite a deep dish in them, so putting a 16V head on top would have the compression quite low. If you were fitting a turbo, that would be a good thing, but with a Rotrex you'll find that the engine is flat until it's really revving.

As for the ECU, if you get a later car with the Bosch M7.4.4 ECU, all you would need is some bigger injectors (Bosch 0280156063 are perfect) and a MAP sensor that will take boost (Maybe Bosch 0261230134 I think, but don't order one until I've checked that's the right number)
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote