Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 16th March 2009, 12:13   #481
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jason- View Post
Still unsure whether to do mine as voids warrenty
just replace the old firmware if you have a problem.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barry123 For This Useful Post:
Old 16th March 2009, 12:30   #482
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Fabia vRS
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!

So you think its worth it?

Where do you get all the apps from?
-Jason- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 13:43   #483
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
So you think its worth it?

Where do you get all the apps from?
yeah defo as sayer says just reload the back up you make before the jailbreak then its all back to normal

when you do it it downloads 2 new app stores the main one being "cydia" which you get the apps from

not sure if you can get them else where though
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Graeme For This Useful Post:
Old 16th March 2009, 14:28   #484
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!-Jason- is absolutely fabulous!

How do you create the backup before you do it?

Can you still plug it into itunes without it syncing it back to the origional settings?
Old 16th March 2009, 14:42   #485
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

If you do it from the comupter that you sync the phone with then it should just restore all your music etc back after it jilbreaks it.

Can just use it as normal from then on but if itunes every tells you theres a new firmware version available for your phone, dont install it. It takes the jailbreak guys upto a month sometimes to get the new jailbreaks out for each new firmware version.

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mystic For This Useful Post:
Old 16th March 2009, 14:56   #486
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict

I mainly want it for pretty backgrounds and free apps I find the travel ones really interesting I know thats geeky lol

And easy guides to do it, also how long and how much computer knowledge is needed?
Old 16th March 2009, 15:11   #487
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

None, the pwnage tool app tells you what to do, literally all thats required is to hold a couple of buttons on the phone when the app tells you to and it will all be fine.

Old 16th March 2009, 15:15   #488
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict

Guide??
Old 16th March 2009, 15:25   #489
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Guide??
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1881

Old 16th March 2009, 15:34   #490
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

took me and simo 5/10 mins if that to do last night

i only wanted it for the backgrounds and it makes the phone look 10x's better

managed to convert the big man over to the iphone family aswell on saturday but his has the new base model so he cant uplock it till devs team bring somthing out
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 15:37   #491
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict

Do i use that if my firmware is 2.2.1?
Old 16th March 2009, 15:37   #492
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
took me and simo 5/10 mins if that to do last night

i only wanted it for the backgrounds and it makes the phone look 10x's better

managed to convert the big man over to the iphone family aswell on saturday but his has the new base model so he cant uplock it till devs team bring somthing out
Where did you get your guide?
Old 16th March 2009, 15:46   #493
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Where did you get your guide?
Jay. you're shitting me? I posted it above...!!!
Old 16th March 2009, 15:49   #494
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict

I know i was just seeing if there was more than one as I wanted the easiest but look quite simple so downloading now

Also what are the best apps to get, backgrounds, games etc
Old 16th March 2009, 15:53   #495
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Think i might jailbreak mine soon. Sayer can you pop in at some point so i can have a play on yours? If not i'll come to you?
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 15:54   #496
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Winterboard for customisable interface.
Cycorder for video recording
pdaNet for laptop-iphone tethering
xGPS will probs be the first decent gps for iphone, dont think its quite ready yet.

Dont think i use many more jailbroken apps

Old 16th March 2009, 15:54   #497
-Jason-
Saxperience Addict

Im going to do mine today, what happens if it properly crashes though and you cant put it back to factory settings how do you go about repair or are you screwed, ie o2 wont cover but will apple directly
Old 16th March 2009, 15:54   #498
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr View Post
Think i might jailbreak mine soon. Sayer can you pop in at some point so i can have a play on yours? If not i'll come to you?
no problem darlin'
Old 16th March 2009, 15:55   #499
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
no problem darlin'
when's good sweetcheeks? I'm down your way at 5 anyway?
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 15:56   #500
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

if something goes madly wrong the phone should still manage to getitself into recovery state and itunes will just reformat it and restore it to how it was.

Its harder to brick them than people make out