Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Old 28th February 2013, 23:45   #201
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I just flag down random passing vans anytime i want something couriered tbh.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 00:49   #202
jayline
Banned
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk1 flat arch
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
jayline is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the delay, had a very busy day will pm you the address now!!
jayline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 08:52   #203
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayline View Post
Are you actually going to explain what's gone on and at least try and salvage your reputation/character here or not?

If you genuinely are in the wrong, then owning up to it truthfully, explaining what's gone on and apologising would go a long way to getting back on track.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 09:00   #204
m4tt274
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Fabia VRS, mk1 fiesta + some others
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
m4tt274 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayline View Post
Ive found all of your posts very anti climatic.
m4tt274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 09:53   #205
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Guys I dont see why this should be dragged out. Jay has already said he will refund and has issues going on so I dont see why more needs to be said because its clear. Its hard for me and possibly others a friend who has been helping him with his car as an example Jay is a genuine lad and has been a bit silly to try this. He gave me vtr brakes for free and is a decent lad.

The point im trying to make is things must have been bad for him to try this so why does it need to be dragged out more. Can we just lock this because its turning into a typical sax p bitchfest where 50 people segregate one person.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 10:40   #206
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
Guys I dont see why this should be dragged out. Jay has already said he will refund and has issues going on so I dont see why more needs to be said because its clear. Its hard for me and possibly others a friend who has been helping him with his car as an example Jay is a genuine lad and has been a bit silly to try this. He gave me vtr brakes for free and is a decent lad.

The point im trying to make is things must have been bad for him to try this so why does it need to be dragged out more. Can we just lock this because its turning into a typical sax p bitchfest where 50 people segregate one person.
I agree but i believe that the guy on the other part (Martin M) deserves atleast an explanation of what has happened and not just a refund wich is his right to have.

About the thread yes,i think that too,this is between them and the Sax-p mods,i think the thread needs to be locked now waiting for them to reach an agreement.
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 10:53   #207
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Aly you are deluded. A thief isn't a genuine lad. He can't even admit what's happened, that's not genuine, blaming personal issues, that's not genuine either. Needs to pay up and fuck off. Hopefully perm banned as soon as its sorted
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Yates For This Useful Post:
Old 1st March 2013, 11:03   #208
Anderz
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Anderz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
Aly you are deluded. A thief isn't a genuine lad. He can't even admit what's happened, that's not genuine, blaming personal issues, that's not genuine either. Needs to pay up and fuck off. Hopefully perm banned as soon as its sorted
Totally agree with this, im sure you wouldn't share the same opinion if it had happened to you mate Aly, no one deserves to be scammed like it if that's the case.

Happened to me by someone for only 20quid and I didn't stop till I got it back, it may only be 20quid but end of the day I don't work hard to get fleeced by anyone for any amount.

106 owners & RR should use this section like saxp as it highlights any problems and can help!

Anyway good luck and hope it gets resolved
Anderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 11:11   #209
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No excuse though Aly... lol.

got wonga and all that if he needs money.

Would you do the same if you were stuck for money?? no, nor would i.

Its beyond.

I've never had a problem with Jay really before the FB removal starts.. just its SO wrong to do what he did and he needs to put his hands up.

Last edited by Prickle; 1st March 2013 at 11:14.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 11:53   #210
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
I was pointing more towards the many hipocrits on here that jump on someones back in times of need. Hes done something bad and will pay for it he doesnt need the other shit that comes with it. Its a form of bullying.

Last edited by Aly; 1st March 2013 at 11:56.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:03   #211
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I was pointing more towards the many hipocrits on here that jump on someones back in times of need. Hes done something bad and will pay for it he doesnt need the other shit that comes with it. Its a form of bullying.
Not really bullying, we just think Martyn deserves to know why he was scammed, and for Jay to admit it.. If you were skint, would you resort to stealing?

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:07   #212
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

For the record this isn't going to be locked whilst money is outstanding.....
Old 1st March 2013, 12:09   #213
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Its not bullying, bullying is when they cry in front of you. Il never meet the thief so won't see if he cries.
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:10   #214
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

.People can be naive and trust in peoples good nature but it doesnt always follow that someone who seems "alright" isn't out to make a quick buck. Getting scammed by "Tisandy" when I first signed up a while back made me wise up to that fact, all the stuff he was telling me was total bullshit but I still gave him the benefit of the doubt up to a certain point in time. I got my money back in the end but he probably made some money out of people who didnt open a dispute with paypal in time.
Seems to me like some people almost use it as a way to get an interest free loan and pay it back in instalments when they can
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:24   #215
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

To add to Ryans comments above, I've tried to help (both Martijn AND Jay) wherever possible. However...

There's a difference between someone doing something stupid/silly/publicly outrageous that we overlook in a community. I'm far from perfect - and there's people here with criminal convictions for all sorts. The community that is Saxp as a rule don't judge or hold things against people (rib-jabbing and piss taking aside obviously).

When it impacts US, as a community, as a website or club, that's when it's a problem. If Jay had stolen from someone outside of the club or "scene" I really wouldn't give a shit tbh. But he's stolen from a member of the site, and a member from other sites we're closely linked to (like it or not ). It impacts us. It tarnishes us. And it isn't tolerated.

If the thread is closed and Jay is allowed to stay actively buying & selling on the forum then how will the next person who's about to get scammed, who might have only signed up a few days before, ever know he's a bad trader? They wouldn't.

As others have pointed out - Jay's actions from this point forward will really dictate how he's treated going forward by the members of the community. He might be a nice lad in person (never met him) but he's done himself a lot of damage to his reputation doing this, and compounded it by how he's subsequently handled it.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:54   #216
ed-bradley
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): GS300, MK1 VTS, Katy M 1190
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
ed-bradley is on a distinguished road

..And thats the way the cookie crumbles.
ed-bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 13:04   #217
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

haha thanked by him for that post too
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 13:17   #218
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

The guy has scammed another member out of THREE HUNDRED QUID!

Refund or not, he should be banned completely, end of story!

If a "Legal team" is dealing with it, he'll have to pay it regardless of whether he can still access Sax-P.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 13:22   #219
lwigmore
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
lwigmore is on a distinguished road

I don't know whether its relevant or not, but jay offered the cage to me about 2/3 weeks ago, only reason i didn't buy it, cause i didn't have enough money for it.

Sort off glad i didn't buy it now :/
lwigmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 13:28   #220
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:

Youre entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, but youre obv quite pally with him going by what you said. I find it quite weird youve allowed that to cloud your judgement though: i can say with conviction that if one of my mates acted like he did, id kick him in the balls and get the guys money back for him.

Personal issues? Well that makes it ok to steal 300 quid from someone. Fuck sake.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote