Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 14th October 2012, 17:56   #1
andrewnicholls

andrewnicholls is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo VTR Non Starter possible ecu spike

Brought a saxo vtr 1.6 2000 w reg the other day worked great no problems. wouldn't start so took it to Citroen they confirmed that the immoberiliser had been bypassed so had it brought home and tryed another unlocked ecu. To my luck it fired up first time so this was great for a few days. now car will not start got a relay cuming in the post. But i dont think thats the problems there no power to fuel pump but ive ran i live feed and the pump was working. Also have joined cut off switch still nothing. Have got a auto electrician coming do you think its worth getting him out. Should i just put in another ecu. Or is this a job for a mechanical.
andrewnicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 16:56   #2
Aksel
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Mk2 VTR
Aksel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnicholls View Post
Brought a saxo vtr 1.6 2000 w reg the other day worked great no problems. wouldn't start so took it to Citroen they confirmed that the immoberiliser had been bypassed so had it brought home and tryed another unlocked ecu. To my luck it fired up first time so this was great for a few days. now car will not start got a relay cuming in the post. But i dont think thats the problems there no power to fuel pump but ive ran i live feed and the pump was working. Also have joined cut off switch still nothing. Have got a auto electrician coming do you think its worth getting him out. Should i just put in another ecu. Or is this a job for a mechanical.
If pump doesnt prime when you put ignition is put on, then it is definitly an electrical problem. (Remember it only primes (a couple of seconds) with ignition on, then runs when motor is cranked)

How is the immobiliser bypassed?
Aksel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 17:59   #3
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

You need to unplug the immobiliser before you plug in a new ecu or it'll just lock that one aswel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote