Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 11th February 2007, 22:06   #1
stevossaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
stevossaxo is a jewel in the roughstevossaxo is a jewel in the roughstevossaxo is a jewel in the roughstevossaxo is a jewel in the rough
Default Windows Vista

installed vista this weekend, just wanted to let you guys know how amazing it is.

it is such a better o/s than xp and sooooooooooooooo much more pleasing to the eye! 10/10

Old 11th February 2007, 22:10   #2
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

or download the transformation pack for free and you have an exact look alike of vista haha..... whats so good about it then bud? I havnt used it before, quite interested whats new!
Old 11th February 2007, 22:13   #3
stevossaxo
Established Member

stevossaxo is a jewel in the roughstevossaxo is a jewel in the roughstevossaxo is a jewel in the roughstevossaxo is a jewel in the rough

there is this new thing called aero - which makes all the pages 3d, so you can easily switch between programs..... endless amounts of improvements buddy
Old 11th February 2007, 22:24   #4
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

I cant see a use for that function myself but cool.... can you show us some screen shots?
Old 11th February 2007, 22:25   #5
furiomike
Established Member
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): A4 B7 2.0T Quattro
furiomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud offuriomike has much to be proud of

yeah the aero interface looks pretty cool. the only problem is that its gonna rape yer games performance unless you got a very top end pc. even then its gonna take a hit. not the end of the world though.

Last edited by furiomike; 11th February 2007 at 22:27.
furiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:26   #6
MTR
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): Mark II VTR [Gold]
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of light

Also full of bugs, unsupported hardware and huge performance issues, 'cept that it's cool!
MTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:30   #7
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

IT section.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 23:31   #8
stevossaxo
Established Member

will get some screens up tommorw guys.....
Old 12th February 2007, 01:04   #9
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

if some special graphics makes a great operating system then carry on...

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 01:17   #10
jk47
Regular Poster

Car(s): VTR
jk47 will become famous soon enough

theyve gone more mac style from what ive seen so it should be good ;P
jk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 08:28   #11
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

From what iv seen of vistain the preview before Linux XGL hit beta & after the microsoft developers had seen XGL. I think its obvious where their 'inspiration' came from.
Although the XGL team produced theres in a fraction of the time microsoft did & XGL is so much more effecient in how it utilises your hardware that you can run it on the same spec machine as windows 98

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 19:48   #12
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

vista is full of bugs and loads of crap, not secure at all and is the #1 target for hackers now.
hardware issues are all over the place and loads of performance issues

other than that it looks pretty, tho mac does and doesnt have microshit issues to come with it

ill stick with xp for now, until vista is more useable.
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 23:09   #13
stevossaxo
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t13 View Post
vista is full of bugs and loads of crap, not secure at all and is the #1 target for hackers now.
hardware issues are all over the place and loads of performance issues

other than that it looks pretty, tho mac does and doesnt have microshit issues to come with it

ill stick with xp for now, until vista is more useable.
they can try, every time someone tryes to attempt an attack my symantec products let me know and block them.......

at the end of the day im pretty much the only member with vista (maybe alongside of a few others) so none of you guys can really comment untill you have tryed it......
Old 12th February 2007, 23:49   #14
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Lol i bet i have used it more than you and for far longer than you have

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 00:01   #15
stevossaxo
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Lol i bet i have used it more than you and for far longer than you have
maybe, but then why didnt you state that, kinda makes a differnce to your opionion buddy, as blatently people on here have never even used it... so they cannot really comment
Old 13th February 2007, 00:47   #16
Trice
Regular Poster
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.1
Trice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to behold

Not after offending anyone.. But Vista is a piece of crap. Microsoft Operating systems have been getting worse and worse the more stuff and functions they're putting on there. After XP Becomes completely obsolete.. I'm going to just completely move to Linux rather than what i'm doing now, hopping on XP for when i need to use certain programs. For ease rather than any real need.
Trice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 00:52   #17
MTR
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

MTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
at the end of the day im pretty much the only member with vista (maybe alongside of a few others) so none of you guys can really comment untill you have tryed it....
LOL I'm part of the m$ beta programme and deploy products for BT. I'd used Vista before you even knew it's code name. Now we are done defending ourselves I will still maintain it's less than great right now, no company i know of has plans to 'upgrade' [read: sidestep] for at least 18 months, that should tell you enough.
Old 13th February 2007, 00:54   #18
Trice
Regular Poster

Trice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to beholdTrice is a splendid one to behold

Oh, Added to that.. XP alone is a complete process and memory hog. From what i've heard of a mate who tested Vista out.. Vista is even worse.
Old 13th February 2007, 00:57   #19
MTR
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trice View Post
Oh, Added to that.. XP alone is a complete process and memory hog. From what i've heard of a mate who tested Vista out.. Vista is even worse.
Vista in time will be a nice OS. It's modular approach to implementation is being adopted in many different areas. It's just not ready for a full time OS IMHO.
'Stay on the bleeding edge and get cut' might be one way to describe it.
Old 13th February 2007, 01:08   #20
Trice
Regular Poster

Microsoft will need to pay alot more attention to Vista than they did with XP IMO