Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 3rd December 2010, 14:24   #1
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road
Default Brake bias

Hey, designign a pedal box. Anybody know the average desired brake bias on a saxo? So i can put the mc's the right way around for the balance bar to give more room for the throttle mechanism.
cheers
Adam
Old 27th December 2010, 02:15   #2
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

i am not sure about the saxo but my ek9 is currently running at 900kg so simalar sort of weight and i been told by tdi the optimum is 25% on the rear and 75% on the fronts.
Bedford126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 09:38   #3
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Definately a lot more on the front than rear. I have one of those annoying adjustable one's that requires you to jack up the rear left to get at it. Its set way too much at the rear for my liking. If i try braking on a corner it gets hairy and on a wet roundabout some woman pulled out in front of me and i span 180 after whacking my brakes on so not good!

Was good when it was mainly set to the front. A lot of dive under braking but so safe feeling, could stamp on the brakes hard IN a corner and didn't phase it. If i get round to adjusting it in the near future i'll try and roughly guess the right ration that works for me...
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 10:09   #4
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

Yer 75 25 would be the safe bet really, depends on how you want the setup again, that why a adjustable bais valve I'd good as you can test and play with as such to get a good balance for all different tracks and styles.

But to start with got with more on the front so yer 75% front 25% rear, So your not design it so it can be adjustable on the pedel box?
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 13:31   #5
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road

I am designing it to be adjustable on the box. but remember that if both mc were the same and the pedal was in the middle, the bias bar would be 75% to one side. so i would not have a lot more room to adjust it in one direction. and the more it is adjusted the more the bar "tips" which is a bad thing for the mc's bore and brake repeatability. so i need to get mc's that are either slightly different sizes. Or offset the pedal itself