Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 10th April 2011, 21:11   #1
TypeRDavid
Established Member

Car(s): R32 GTR Skyline Metro GTi Lancia Delta
TypeRDavid is on a distinguished road
Default "Enhancement" Detail Mitsubishi FTO

Yes me again lol, had a call late last night from a good friend of mine who is selling his car and wondered if i could pop down and have a look at his FTO to see if we could get the paintwork looking a bit deeper and more reflective, so of course i jumped at the chance

On initial inspection the car was looking ok, just suffering from the usual swirls etc...

I had a quick look around the car and noticed a couple of areas that required me to tread carefully, the first and most obvious were not the wheels themselves but the centre caps had some nasty flaking, the other issue i noticed was the rear splitter had started to just come away on the one corner from the bumper so just made sure i treated these areas with care, a shame really as apart from those 2 things the car was in pretty good shape.

So on we go first up wheels and arches were dealt with, arches done with Megs SD, Wheels with Bilberry, aggitated with Megs and vikan brushes,

centre caps just left to soak and gently aggitated as they were in need of re-painting.

Iron-x applied to the wheels and got a few reactions

Car was then given good foaming via the Karcher with some VP snowfoam and left for a few minutes to work its magic

Fully washed with 2BM with CG maxi suds as shampoo and then fully rinsed, i should mention that the door shuts/ gaps and all the little nooks and crannies were attended to with the Megs slide lock brush and some Megs APC just forgot to get pics

Now with the car washed i then went round with some Iron x to see if i could pull anything off the paintwork with it, it did remove a few spots here and there, not sure if you can make it out in the picture below?

The little tar spots were dealt with with Tardis but tbh there wasnt many to remove, car was the Clayed with Bilt Hamber clay which didnt pick up a great deal as i expected after using the previous 2 products, but of course claying should always be done no matter how "clean" the paint may look.

Paint was then assesed in the sunlight and there werent any suprises really just the usual

Now having previously detailed another FTO in the past i knew the paint on this would be fairly easy to bring back, some may remember this one

So taped off around the same sort of area, used some DJ lime prime on a Menz FF pad and hey presto!!

My mate was rather pleased to say the least and i decided to crack on with the rest of the car

With car complete i decided to try a different combo of LSP , this time using Finish Kare 1000p as a sealent then with DJ supernatural followed by Zaino Z8to finish and give it that final "Bling".

Took a cheeky little pic whilst the FK sealent was curing.

All LSP buffed off and now we have the finished pics, My friend commented on how "wet" the paint looked and sad he had never seen it that clean before, and on a personal note FK 1000p is a fantastic product for the money and has really blew me away with how good it is.

Oh and before i forget Autosol was used for the Exhaust tips and CG natural look for tyres, cheers for looking

TypeRDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 21:20   #2
Petee
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Furi0
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Petee is on a distinguished road

Weird colour FTO, is it ment to be orange? Sort of light red but a red ish orange colour..

Looks stunning turn around
I was like and he was like
Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 23:23   #3
chris84
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): 02 black vts with nitrous!!
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
chris84 is on a distinguished road

Exellent results as usual mate!! I bet he was pleased with the finish, i sure would have been.
Old 11th April 2011, 19:39   #4
Robtur
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saab 9-5 Hot Aero Renault Trafic Sport 11
Robtur is on a distinguished road

Nice work
Robtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 16:19   #5
rorz_vts
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic vtr turbo